Author Topic: Yes - another stupid Icon Thread  (Read 108 times)

Offline Phantom121

• Zinc Member
Yes - another stupid Icon Thread
« on: May 03, 2001, 05:33:00 PM »
Simple request - how about a one tour trial of friendly only icons?  I understand the need for icons. I understand that the main arena requires some icon support.

But with the changes that have been made full icons seem unneccessary.

Radar tells us where to find a fight so flying around looking for a fight is not the reason.  Lost radar - you see a far distant dot you have to fly to icon range now. If friendly icon pops up well you know, no icon well you know.

Friendly Icon could be Name and Plane Type, really all the info you need.  

Seems to satisfy all the requirements - gives something to most groups (realist vs gamers). I don't really see any down side.

No slams - no gripes - no whines - just a request.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2001, 12:23:00 AM »
No flames or insults.

I like the dar and icons just the way they are. If you don't want icons, don't use them. You have the friendly only option already. Same thing for the dar. If you don't open your clipboard you have no dar.

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2001, 12:32:00 AM »
Wouldn't be too bad to take off enemy icons or reduce range to something far closer than that.
Like 1500 yards at maximum.
Also taking off the icons from vehicles is a must - you can see those with bare eye from half a grid away already.