Author Topic: inhibitor to get rid of Spwan campers  (Read 1636 times)

Offline Gumbeau

• Copper Member
Re: inhibitor to get rid of Spwan campers
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2008, 03:52:18 PM »
While GV's might add to the bottom line they also get folks out of airplanes.

And airplanes are the reason for the game.

I've almost stopped flying AH because its hard to find a fight against an airplane. This is especially true after 11pm Eastern. It seems the majority of the players go into stealth capture/GV mode at 11pm.

There are about 300 players online and its difficult to find a furball.

That can't be a good thing.

Offline 442w30

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2008, 06:28:46 PM »
Airplanes are the reason for the game ONLY for those that want to fly them.  Do not confuse your opinion of what you like to do with what others might  like to do within the AH universe.
Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time

"The plural of anecdote is no data."- statistician's axiom

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2008, 08:55:58 PM »
While GV's might add to the bottom line they also get folks out of airplanes.

And airplanes are the reason for the game.

I've almost stopped flying AH because its hard to find a fight against an airplane. This is especially true after 11pm Eastern. It seems the majority of the players go into stealth capture/GV mode at 11pm.

There are about 300 players online and its difficult to find a furball.

That can't be a good thing.

If you can't find a horde to fight, you ain't looking hard enough. And blaming GVers for it is beyond asinine.

Offline ShrkBite

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2008, 04:17:24 PM »
Iunno i dont think Call of Duty and Aces High would be that good. i'd be to busy throwing a stick grenade or bubble sheild blah blah blah :rofl

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2008, 08:34:06 PM »
I hate it when I drop bombs and tanks run into them..... :lol

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Gumbeau

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2008, 07:59:19 PM »
Airplanes are the reason for the game ONLY for those that want to fly them.  Do not confuse your opinion of what you like to do with what others might  like to do within the AH universe.

Hey, It's called Aces High for a reason.

I didn't know the reason was a bunch of Tennessee hillbillies named "Ace" driving tanks and puffin' a spliff are the target market.

My bad.

Offline opposum

• Probation
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2008, 11:28:51 AM »
if you cant find i fight go fight the rooks, all they do is furball

/_|o[____]o
[1---L-OllllllO-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)

Offline JETBLST

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2008, 01:25:27 PM »
dr7 is the task master at breaking spawn camps talk to him. I remember a day about a year ago when the call went out that a spawn camp was ongoing at a knight field that would be a three sector flight by plane. Bishops got twenty GVs together and broke the camp in less then 30 seconds. It was pretty sweet to see!

Gents this is all you need to do if a place is being camped.  Not to mention all the dweebs that get their Lancstukas out as well.  Coupled with the red icons of the campers.  I mean come on. 

I also agree with the everyone here so far....  Dont spawn into a camped spawn, um Duh? :eek:

No to the minfield or any other anti spawn camping.

Offline JETBLST

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2008, 01:39:33 PM »
I know my last was welcome to two pages ago or whatever.   :D

I just had to answer that one.  It was a good post.

Hmm  Tennesee hilbillies?  Last I checked Im from Minnesota, and love the gv aspect and ALL Aspects to this game.  So expand your horizons man.

Again.  No to spawn camp inhibitors.  Any more than no to field cap inhibitors either.

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2008, 01:38:15 PM »
Ummm... wouldn't YOU blow up driving away from the spawn then?

Do you blow up when your country mate drops a bomb on you ?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2008, 02:42:08 PM »
Vulching and spawn camping are two different things. VUlching you can see from the tower and check, you get time your spawn to the angle of the enemies passes to give your self a good chance to get airborn, and you can spawn from a number of different location YOU choose in your plane to frustrate a vulcher more. If your GV spawn is camped you don't know until your dead, you have no choice as to where you will spawn at that location and while HTC has added the delay, and the small randomizor  it is still easyer for a spawn camper to target you than it is to FIND him let alone target him.

I have a very hard time finding the enemy at a spawn so I spend very little time in GVs. If I had a fighting chance I might spend more time in them, after all its a game and Im in it for the fight. Getting blown away before I even have a chance to shoot is not a fight, and certainly is not any fun.

I'd like to see a mile no fire zone around each spawn point. This would give you the time to get rolling and hunt for a target. Predictable paths would be nice ambush points for defending tanks, and it would bring more strategy into the ground game. Whole mission would be set up with groups going out of a spawn area on different vectors to cover different areas. Tank convoys and major tank battle fields would more likely used along with other tank tactics.

I suck in a GV as stated above, but even I can kill at a spawn point should I stumble across one. There is no skill in it, but a running battle between a spawn point and a base would be a lot of fun, and take some real skill to coordinate, and survive let alone get kills.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2008, 05:25:52 PM »
 :huh
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2008, 06:14:11 PM »
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.