Author Topic: Lan Questions  (Read 578 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Lan Questions
« on: August 10, 2008, 03:20:36 PM »
Suddenly my kids are interested in playing AH.  Not wanting to add to the squeaker population I've set them up on my LAN and told them they couldn't play online without me in attendance until they're 13 (you're welcome gentlemen).  That said does the .join feature not work on LAN play?  I tried to have one of them join me last night and ... no bueno.  Also which map has the best tank town.  One of my kids is only interested in land vehicles and, if we're going to battle rook to knight to bish, I don't want it to take 30 minutes to find each other. 

<---- feels ignorant and lazy today
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Winks

• Copper Member
Re: Lan Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 03:37:12 PM »
NDisles ...........thats the only 1 that come to mind

Offline Stixx

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 04:32:19 PM »
I do the LAN thing with my grandson every weekend. For some reason on LAN
a join request does not go through, but once the request has been placed you can accept
the player to join you via the text buffer. I've had my grandson join me many times while
I taught him how to land or divebomb and what not.
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in military aviation are:'Did you feel that?' 'What's that noise?' and'Oh S...!'
-Authors Unknown-

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 06:03:30 PM »
Suddenly my kids are interested in playing AH.  Not wanting to add to the squeaker population I've set them up on my LAN and told them they couldn't play online without me in attendance until they're 13 (you're welcome gentlemen).  That said does the .join feature not work on LAN play?  I tried to have one of them join me last night and ... no bueno.  Also which map has the best tank town.  One of my kids is only interested in land vehicles and, if we're going to battle rook to knight to bish, I don't want it to take 30 minutes to find each other. 

<---- feels ignorant and lazy today
Dichotomy, you sir, are a GOD!
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 09:53:30 PM »
I do the LAN thing with my grandson every weekend. For some reason on LAN
a join request does not go through, but once the request has been placed you can accept
the player to join you via the text buffer. I've had my grandson join me many times while
I taught him how to land or divebomb and what not.

thanks Stixx, I'll try that tomorrow...

Bj... thank you sir <S>
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Redlegs

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 10:32:57 PM »
You can still join someone but they just have to tell when they sent the request. I don't know why, it just works that way.
Resident Arizona Cardinals/Cincinnati Reds fan

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 07:24:47 AM »
Dicho bro current DA and TA maps have pretty fair Ground vehicle spots. On the AHTA08 map its in the upper left hand corner.
DA I think its lower left, might take a look at one or the other.

Give me a shout if you have any other questions or problems.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 06:24:44 PM »
roger that Ghost ... thanks gents <S>

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 09:58:51 PM »
Next question... the radar doesn't seem to be working.  What setting should I mess with.  I get the bar but not the dots... blergh!!!

I mean they can't shoot at me if they cant find me.

my 8 year old took me out 3 times tonight in a tank battle so he's feeling pretty sly :D  I didn't have the heart to tell him that I sat still in front of him hosing his tiger with a 50 cal until he figured out his gunnery. 

So, um, ya.. during the Con I should have four systems, albeit, mine with the ch and track IR setup and 3 with a saitek twisty that could be used that will work.. :D

Any arena settings would be welcome

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 01:12:07 AM »
Next question... the radar doesn't seem to be working.  What setting should I mess with.  I get the bar but not the dots... blergh!!!

I mean they can't shoot at me if they cant find me.

my 8 year old took me out 3 times tonight in a tank battle so he's feeling pretty sly :D  I didn't have the heart to tell him that I sat still in front of him hosing his tiger with a 50 cal until he figured out his gunnery. 

So, um, ya.. during the Con I should have four systems, albeit, mine with the ch and track IR setup and 3 with a saitek twisty that could be used that will work.. :D

Any arena settings would be welcome

you can always turn gun damage down like it is in the ta and fly target drone. you can change the ammo count so they have more rocks to throw at you.
and you can turn on the target site for them too to give aiming referece.
same with feul change fuel burn rate to 1 and u can fly for longer on less. lighter plane may be easier to learn in say take 25% just sugestions.  disable stall limiter too lol just so nobody has it.
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V

Offline Stixx

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 07:43:23 AM »
Go to Options - Arena Setup - Enviroment - Arena Settings
Scroll down to the Radar section in the list that is near the bottom.
Here you will find
Radar Alt - Here you can set the floor for the radar, default should be 500' Think NOE.
RadarMode[Bishop] - This is where you turn on the radar. Each country is listed.
Click on change and check the boxes next to
Full Friendly - Tower Friendly - Full Enemy - Tower Enemy - Counters Above Radar - Range Based Counters
This will give you a figure of 399. Save, then load each as you complete it.
The last is Radar Update Rate. This is the number of seconds between each update. Just remember the faster the update the
more resources you'll be using.
One thing to note, for some reason in LAN games the Dar gets screwy. I'll be launching from the opposing country when my grandson and I play, but there will be a dot right next to him on the map even though I'm thirty miles away.

As goober69 noted by adjusting the gun lethality and weapon lethality settings you can turn down damage to what it's like in the TA. They get the pretty sparkles, but keep on flying.
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in military aviation are:'Did you feel that?' 'What's that noise?' and'Oh S...!'
-Authors Unknown-

Offline bobtom

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2008, 01:49:50 PM »
(hijack) What do you need to put in arena settings for unlimited ammo, I know I saw it in H2H. Just wondering (hijack)

<S> all

bobtom

Offline Stixx

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2008, 02:08:03 PM »
it will be listed as PlaneAmmoMulti, change the 1 to 1000 to get unlimited ammo.
-Authors Unknown-