Author Topic: Stupid car  (Read 1331 times)

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Re: Stupid car
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2008, 05:55:05 AM »
That's a great attitude to have klingan, they should be able to work with you to solve the problem and make everyone happy.  And, yes, be glad it was at 8 mph and not highway speeds.  This is another reason why I don't like front-wheel drive cars!  ;)
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2008, 05:59:23 AM »
I'd probably not say the "Ever since" line, but I'd certainly be asking how a ball joint in such poor condition could be missed. :t
A ball joint like this could also have contributed to your steering issues ;)
Come to think of it, how long ago was the safety inspection done?
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline klingan

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2008, 06:02:52 AM »
I'd be interested in seeing the Inv from the repair, anyone who has run an auto service center can tell you this is what makes for a bad day, you know any conversation that starts with "ever since you people" is not going to be plesant. but I don't see any new parts in the pic's, so I wonder what work was done.

That's just it. They didn't do any repairs because they couldn't find anything wrong (except maybe that powersteering pump).

I have no hard feeling against them. What would the point of that be? But i think i will stay out of this and let them talk to the insurance company.

The Few GFC

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2008, 06:04:38 AM »
Good call...
I think I'd rather talk to an irate customer than an insurance company :lol
9GIAP VVS RKKA
Fabricati diem, punc

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2008, 06:07:05 AM »
Naw, not me.  I never had a problem with an insurance company.  An irrate customer though, those were bad days.  I'd have the estimate done for the insurance company, they'd look it over, and then leave a check with me to cover repairs.  Irrate customers though...sometimes had to do some drastic damage control on those.  Even had to call the cops once.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2008, 06:12:43 AM »
I've not had to deal with one directly, but I've been witness to the fallout from an insurance rep visit over a job gone wrong, it wasn't pretty.
Mind you, these people were the original dodgy brothers, I worked for them for a month and after seeing how they did things I decided I didn't wish to be associated with them at all.
9GIAP VVS RKKA
Fabricati diem, punc

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2008, 06:16:42 AM »
Well, I can certainly understand that.  All of the ins. reps I worked with were highly professional and were only interested in getting the customer's satisfaction at 100 percent. 

Offline klingan

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2008, 06:19:18 AM »
Hopefully it is nothing too expensive but it is still probably more than i can pay anyway  :furious

The Few GFC

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2008, 06:22:18 AM »
Let's just hope the CV joints are ok. 

Good luck, klingan!

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2008, 06:26:45 AM »
ummmm Picture #3 does not bode well in that department :(
9GIAP VVS RKKA
Fabricati diem, punc

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2008, 06:34:37 AM »
Yup, that's why I said it.

Again, why I hate FWD cars...

Offline klingan

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2008, 06:46:55 AM »

Good luck, klingan!

TY I am going to need all the luck i can have  :pray

But at least it is Friday and i got Ice cold beers waiting for me when i get home from work  :rock

The Few GFC

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2008, 07:21:54 AM »
looked like the balljoint broke. whatever they were doing, they should've spotted that.

glad you're ok though
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2008, 07:44:22 AM »
As a former repair shop manager don't always assume it was the shop's fault, especially since the repair work was done last Monday.  If the defective repair was going to rear it's ugly head it would do it almost immediately, not 4 days later.  You should act like that and not just "Ever since you...".  Also, it looks like the ball joint on the lower control arm separated.  What kind of steering repair did they do?  Good luck, I hope they fix it for you.  And the car does look pink in those photos...not that there's anything wrong with that, hehe.

i think what he's getting at is that this problem should've been seen. he said they did front end work.
 i've been working on cars for 25 years now. managed one for 5. own my own now. whenever a car comes up off the ground for ANYTHING i check the front end. it's insane to not do this. it takes 2 minutes max, and that balljoint would've been spotted.
 as much as i hate to say it, there realy is/was no excuse for that. if one of my mechanics missed that, chances are he's be standing in the unemployment line right now.

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2008, 07:48:14 AM »

Good luck, klingan!

mostr likely not......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"