Author Topic: Bullet drop changed in 1.06 ???  (Read 176 times)

TheWobble

Bullet drop changed in 1.06 ???
« on: March 15, 2001, 07:45:00 AM »
Ever since 106 came out I have had real trouble hitting anything with luthwaffal planes at even minor deflection, i used to not have this problem and i still do just fine with 50cals

It seems that the canno/mg that are NON 50 cal and non hispano drop ALOT more than before.

Its hard to hit anything at as close as 300 if there is even MINOR deflection.. am I the only one having this problem???

it just seems wierd that i cant hit anything from 500 with the 151/20 mil cannon, but i can still reach out to 900+ with 50 cal and hispano at even high deflection with no problems?

Am I missing something?
(no pun intended)

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2001, 11:45:00 AM »
Wobble said:  "Am I missing something?"

Yep.  Data.

Every version a handful of folks end up convinced that "something changed", when most of the time it didn't.  The only way to find out is to run some tests.  Otherwise, it may just be your subconscious mind trying to justify piss poor gunnery.    (Lord knows I could use an excuse!)

BTW, I want to see anybody hitting at 900+ with anything in this game with "no problems".  I don't believe it.  I'd love to see a film of somebody consistently hitting at 900+ versus maneuvering targets.  I think you are exaggerating that significantly.  I certainly can't pull that off, and I've been flying .50 cal planes constantly from the beginning.  In a deflection shot, anything outside of 500 or so is wishful thinking, and won't do any damage even if you do get lucky. (With .50's that is... with Hispano's the lucky shots pay off.)

------------------
Sean "Lephturn" Conrad - Aces High Chief Trainer

A proud member of the mighty Flying Pigs
http://www.flyingpigs.com

Check out Lephturn's Aerodrome for AH articles and training info!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2001, 01:15:00 PM »
Leph,

Actually I think the guns model WAS changed. Range, velocity, the resulting trajectory, energy and explosive effects were all downgraded. It was only changed for Axis armament, however, and the biggest change was to any LW weapon.

I think all Allied weaponry was upgraded and US weapons were give damage multipliers of about 3X from where they were before.

I can't prove any of this, but I know it's all true.....BECAUSE OF THE CONSPIRACY!!!!

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline janneh

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2001, 01:39:00 PM »
I've almost broke my joystick due the fact I don't hit a s**t anymore.My gunnery wasn't good before but now it totally BS.
I thought that increased speed (dora compared to 109's)and BnZ made my gunnery so bad, but according these reports in this forum...perhaps something has changed. Dunno, but I can always pretend to myself that it's game that changed, not my excellent gunnery  

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2001, 06:39:00 PM »
I've been having problems putting rounds on target now too.  But I've wondered if it's the 'gun vibration' causing the difference, like the whole kite is bouncing around and that's causing even greater dispersion in the rounds.  I thought the whole point of the dispersion model (pre-gunshake) was to simulate the vibrations from recoil affecting the pattern.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2001, 10:11:00 PM »
It's Squidley doing it. Everytime he gets blown up he degrades the LW weapons another 20%. The Rooks are negotiating for him to start flying on their side. He agreed as soon as they can get him a fighter with a water tank big enough for him to sit in.

BTW keep this very quiet. it's a SECRET!!!!!!

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline SpitLead

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2001, 06:12:00 PM »
DITTO!!  My gunnery this tour has gone to hell in a hand basket.  Can't seem to hit the broad side of a barn.  I think part of it is the gun vibration affect.  I fly a mix of Axis and Allied planes and haven't noticed any difference between them.  I'm shooting worse no matter what I fly!  My kill/death ratio of 2-1 last tour is now .8 to 1!!  Go figure!

prz

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2001, 06:47:00 PM »
fly and shoot 37mm exclusively for couple of days. After you go back to 20mm and 0.50 you'll be able to hit a penny from 100 yards. 100 yards because you won't try to hit anything from further out anymore ;-)

Seriously, I'm flying la7 a lot now and the trajectory is REAL hard and clip real short and that teaches you to saddle up the shot properly. Before was flying nikki and thought there the trajectory was hard but boy, little I knew that I may not be able to make all those 400 yards high-deflection shots anymore after changing ....

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2001, 10:06:00 PM »
"BTW, I want to see anybody hitting at 900+ with anything in this game with "no problems"

Hehe, try buffs  

P-38 and F4UC still retain theyre long range sniping ability. Manouvering they wont hit much, but let em fly straight for a little while....  

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2001, 09:45:00 AM »
Hitting 900+ isn't very hard provided they don't pull heavy G's.

1 hit per 50 rounds is about avg for me, but lately I've been closing to 150 yards for hit percentage reasons.

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2001, 11:32:00 AM »
I'd have to say that the cockpit shake new to 1.06 is what is lowering the gunnery percentages. Mine went from .10 to .08. Not a biggy, and I don't care... I'm still getting kills.

Wasn't the entire point of the new version to lower gunnery and prevent long range sniping?

Sure was, now you wanna whine about something you whined to get?

Hmmm makes no sense to me, but \/\/hatever.
-SW