Author Topic: San Francisco plans to honor George W Bush  (Read 1979 times)

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
Re: San Francisco plans to honor George W Bush
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2008, 02:25:35 PM »
Well, if you ask me, it is disrespect for the President of the United states.  Of course that is the trend nowadays, but it is still wrong.

Les

Look...I have seen presidents come & go that I was not a fan of, but what they are doing is totally disrespectful of the office; much less the man.

While it doesn't surprise me that this location thinks that it's funny to do so, just remember who REPRESENTS THEM: Nancy Pelosi.

I went to the website of the Mayor of San Francisco and complained  http://www.sfgov.org/site/mayor_index.asp?id=22018  

I let them know that my planned week long anniversary trip to SF is now cancelled and that we are going elsewhere.  I also said that I am emailing everyone I know and informing them of the disrespect and advising them to boycott the city as well.

Here in Hot Springs there are large brown & white signs at every city limits that say "Hot Springs Boyhood Home Of President Bill Clinton".  Believe me, there are some folks here who aren't big fans of President Clinton--yet not one single sign has grafitti on it.  That's old fashioned respect for the office.

I no longer buy California wine, I buy Arkansas wine.  It's just as good.  Arkansas & Missouri provided seeds & plants to France in the 1800's after France's crop had huge failures.  Many French wines have their roots/seeds originate in Arkansas & Missouri.  Most people don't even know.

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2008, 02:37:38 PM »
Like starting a useless war, killing thousand of people ,spending billion of $$ in a war that benefit  no one in the US ?

I did have an excellent reply to this post.  It would have been truthful and accurate.  It might even have opened the eyes of the brainwashed...

But someone would go ballin' red to the mods and complain and I'd get PNG'ed again.

Guys like this get carte blanche---we get muzzled and banned.

ROX

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2008, 03:01:05 PM »
Like starting a useless war, killing thousand of people ,spending billion of $$ in a war that benefit  no one in the US ?

Really? We spend more on WELFARE than on the war in Iraq or the war in Afghanistan. Al Queda is pretty much gone in Iraq and we've set up the first muslim democracy in hundreds of years and if-not ever. Most soldiers who are in Iraq do 2nd, 3rd, 4th tours voluntarily, would you like to have Suddam Hussein in control of our oil supplies?
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2008, 03:27:36 PM »
Al Queda is pretty much gone in Iraq and we've set up the first muslim democracy in hundreds of years and if-not ever.
It's less gone than it was before the war and Al Queda and the Taliban are getting stronger again in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Offline AquaShrimp

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2008, 03:38:12 PM »
Really? We spend more on WELFARE than on the war in Iraq or the war in Afghanistan. Al Queda is pretty much gone in Iraq and we've set up the first muslim democracy in hundreds of years and if-not ever. Most soldiers who are in Iraq do 2nd, 3rd, 4th tours voluntarily, would you like to have Suddam Hussein in control of our oil supplies?

Haha yeah right.  Ever heard of Stop Gap? 

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2008, 03:47:53 PM »
if your going to sann frann siscooo, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair.

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2008, 04:11:17 PM »
wow, just wow...

He must be the most hated president of the early 21st century.

We adapted pretty well during his 8 year tenure. 

It must be the haters who can't adopt to the situation well.

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2008, 04:41:51 PM »
wow, just wow...

He must be the most hated president of the early 21st century.

We adapted pretty well during his 8 year tenure. 

It must be the haters who can't adopt to the situation well.

Not really, I'm sure Clinton had more dis-approval. Congress has an approval rating of 9% and GWB has one of about 30% so he's still doing something right over all the others. And if he was such an awful guy in his 8 years of presidency, then he should've only been president 4 years.
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline Stixx

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2008, 05:27:40 PM »
I disagree completely with the initiative and was even on the verge of sending an angry email to the mayor of that city to let my feelings be known.

But you know what?

This is America, like it or not these drunken idiots have the right to do what they are doing and are protected by the first amendment of the constitution which states in essence "that Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of "speech."
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in military aviation are:'Did you feel that?' 'What's that noise?' and'Oh S...!'
-Authors Unknown-

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2008, 05:47:04 PM »
Not really, I'm sure Clinton had more dis-approval. Congress has an approval rating of 9% and GWB has one of about 30% so he's still doing something right over all the others. And if he was such an awful guy in his 8 years of presidency, then he should've only been president 4 years.

Clinton left office with an approval rating of 68%.
sand

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2008, 09:37:17 PM »
 (quote)  What a disrespect to the man and the office.  Maybe you don't like Bush, but respect the man for his office. (unquote)

Absolutely correct, avionix.  With this stunt San Francisco disgraces itself. 
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2008, 09:53:05 PM »
Maybe SF will get really ticked off with GWB, and then secede from the union. 

If they should, would anyone else miss them?

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2008, 10:41:56 PM »
How exactly would a city go about seceding from the Union?
sand

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2008, 10:49:16 PM »
I think they already have.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2008, 11:07:10 PM »
I never ever give Bush haters any credit. You have to remember they started this campaign on day 1. You ask them why they hated bush and they say, "I just hate him".

Frankly, Bush is not my favorite president. Too me liberals should love this guy. He grew government, added new entitlements, and a host of other stupid things.

Still though, there is no call for what SF has done. That is pure lunacy.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter