Author Topic: Need help posting a film on the web  (Read 232 times)

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
Need help posting a film on the web
« on: June 30, 2008, 09:29:12 PM »
I've been trying to look up the instructions on how to post a film on a website for the past couple of days, but no luck.

Here is what I've been doing:
1) I recorded about 12 different films from in AH which I could watch on film viewer.
2) Then I used Fraps trial version to rerecord the clips of action I wanted and sent them to Windows Movie Maker.
3) Now that I've uploaded some music to Movie Maker and created my first film that lasts exactly 4:32 minutes, I want to upload it to the web and that's my problem.

I need to know what precisely I need to do to upload my film to the web. I've tried winzipping the movie and posting it directly to my squads page, but no one could view it because it needed to be "exported to a video format". If anyone could help me it would be much appreciated.
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: Need help posting a film on the web
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 09:36:57 PM »
In Windows Movie Maker there are options to publish your movie.  Select 'publish to this computer'.  Now you will be able to watch it on your Windows Media Player.  After you do that, you should be able to go to YouTube and upload your movie.  As long as the published version is not over 10mg.  I did this, but not to put on the net, just to burn on DVD's.

<<S>> Squadie
100Coogn :cool:
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 09:43:14 PM »
yeah Coog I wanted to put this on our site first for the 100 to view and critique before I posted it on youtube if its good enough.

I hear youtube is in deep crap with all the court battles over band's music and stuff.

<<S>> Coog man
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 10:04:44 PM »
I would just check out some of the AHII movies that are on YouTube, and see how yours compares with them.  I've seen some and they're pretty good, but I have dial-up, so it takes forever to try and view a lot of movies.  I look forward to viewing your film, but I'm not familiar with our video link deal on our forums.
Let me know if you are going to put on YouTube.  I will check it out.

<S>
100Coogn :cool:
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear