Author Topic: June KOTH results.  (Read 1265 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
June KOTH results.
« on: July 08, 2008, 10:47:27 PM »
June SatKOTH was just over three hours in length. We had two dozen combatants through nine rounds to get a winner.
Two Wabbits trying to win it all and in the 9th round Stang won.
Congratulations and <S> to Stang for the win!!!  The Bf 109F-4 was chosen as July's first airplane.

Round by round results:
1 ) BearKats in a F4U-1
2 )TonyJoey in a Spitfire Mk.VIII
3 ) TC in a P-51D
4 ) BluKitty in a P-40E
5 ) BluKitty in a F4U-1D   (Wabbit)
6 ) Stang in a Bf 109K-4
7 ) Stang in a Bf 110G-2   (Wabbit)
8 )  Dedalos in a P-39D
9 ) Stang in a Ki-61-I-Tei

Tournament Of Champions invitations will be reserved for:
KOTH: Stang
Wabbits: BluKitty

Top five double digit killers were TonyJoey, 14; Stang, lucine and BearKats with 11; and BluKitty with 10.

FriKOTH lasted about 3 1/2 hours and was longer than SatKOTH, a rarity. We had about 20 people flying and in the 10th round we had three wabbits going after the win.
Congratulations and <S> to F4uJunky for the win!!! The F4U-1 was chosen for July's crate.

Round by round results:
1  ) F4uJunky in a Bf 109G-14
2  ) RikiTiki in a F4U-1
3  ) F4uJunky in a Spitfire Mk.IX   (Wabbit)
4  ) TonyJoey in a Boston 3   
5  ) BearKats in a P-40E
6  ) TonyJoey in a D3A1   (Wabbit)
7  ) RikiTiki in a La-5FN   (Wabbit)
8  ) Yenny in a Spitfire Mk. IX
9  ) Bosc00 in a Fw 190D-9
10) F4uJunky wins in a C.202

Tournament Of Champions invitations will be reserved for:
KOTH: F4uJunky
Wabbits: RikiTIki, TonyJoey

Top six killers were F4uJunky 13; TonyJoey and Yenny with 11; RikiTiki with 10 and BearKats and Bosc00 with 9.

Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
Re: June KOTH results.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 02:07:44 AM »
Congrats to the Koth winners, well fought and earned I am sure.

I have a small problem with the new rules, hence my absence (other than my normal dismal appearance) of late.

My problem is with having to film every engagement. It used to be that we were able to take someone at their word.

Now, we must provide film to support our kills.

I think if we are in a position to cater to, or attract, a player who abuses the rules, then the CM on duty that very night should make the call. Much like an umpire in  BB game or a Ref in a FB game. Enough of the instant replay...let the game play and let the Ref make the call insitu, and let the players live with the call as it happens.

Just my humble opinion.

RTR
The Damned

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 03:10:53 AM »
That was a fun one.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 11:51:16 AM »
Congrats to the Koth winners, well fought and earned I am sure.

I have a small problem with the new rules, hence my absence (other than my normal dismal appearance) of late.
<snip>
RTR

The basic rule set hasn't really changed much, with the film exception. KOTH went astray for awhile and that was one rule we brought in to get the event back on track. The last couple months have been 'on track' as far as I know and therefore we have relaxed that rule. If a problem does arise or a player questions another's actions, we will continue to ask for that person's film as evidence. The accused should have filmed his sortie to use as his defense lawyer, so to speak. As a host CM we could stop the event and decide what should happen but then we have many players sitting in a tower getting bored so we try to run the event with as few interruptions as possible and then discuss any situations with the other KOTH CM and other CMs if need be after the event.
When we finalize the wording on the latest rule revision we will post it. If you do fly squeaky clean and well within that mysterious 'Spirit of KOTH' mentality you shouldn't really need to film. Not sure I'm up to it but I've had the idea of maybe releasing a short filmette of the good fights in KOTH for release. Probably shouldn't have mentioned that as I think it will be too much work for lazy old fuzeman.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 04:48:53 PM »
I had an idea, weather it has been brought up before idk.
I was wondering that if the top killer of Friday or Saturday KOTH should get and invite to TOC?
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 07:57:05 PM »
I had an idea, weather it has been brought up before idk.
I was wondering that if the top killer of Friday or Saturday KOTH should get and invite to TOC?

It was brought up and they get honorable mentions in the results post, that's all. As usual there were pros and cons but we settled on honorable mentions.