Author Topic: an interesting gameplay addition for WEP using water, MW50, GM1  (Read 160 times)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
could these types of wep somehow be connected to a separate fuel guage which would determine their endurance in addition to the engine temperature guage?

since most carried a finite amount it would be interesting to see how people would choose to use their emergency power in airplanes equipped with such additional power systems.

TA152 with its dual mw50 and GM1 would provide some design implementaion difficulties however  
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

whels1

an interesting gameplay addition for WEP using water, MW50, GM1
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2001, 04:41:00 PM »

Originally posted by Citabria:
could these types of wep somehow be connected to a separate fuel guage which would determine their endurance in addition to the engine temperature guage?

since most carried a finite amount it would be interesting to see how people would choose to use their emergency power in airplanes equipped with such additional power systems.

TA152 with its dual mw50 and GM1 would provide some design implementaion difficulties however  

duel wep kinda could be P for 1 kind and shift p for the other.

Cit i have said for over 6 months that we should have a limited supply of mw50/gm1/waterinjection on planes that had tanks for it. not just wep till u overheat,, turn wep off, cool down and repeat. i think
 this kind of limited wep feature. also have it tied to fuel burn multiplier.

Whels

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2001, 08:54:00 PM »
not to mention ID like to see some engine overheat penalty. Running an engine at 100% military right now never heats the engine up, heck even at WEP until it goes redline does no damage or has any effect other than removing your wep power.

Was it SWOTL or Aces of the Pacific that had the engine overheat = engine dies off or blows up stuff? Or was it Pacific Strike? Ack, I forget. Either way, it was really cool.

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2001, 10:09:00 PM »
one game ..was it CFS? ..had an engine damage system that you could hear the pistons start knocking when you ran the engine full blast for too long.that was cool.

------------------
Hazed
3./JG2

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2001, 11:52:00 PM »

Originally posted by hazed-:
one game ..was it CFS? ..had an engine damage system that you could hear the pistons start knocking when you ran the engine full blast for too long.that was cool.

I don't know about CFS, but EAW has this.

Camo

------------------
Camouflage
XO, Lentolaivue 34
 www.muodos.fi/LLv34

Brewster into AH!

"The really good pilots use their superior judgement to keep them out of situations
where they might be required to demonstrate their superior skill."
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2001, 03:03:00 AM »
To add this in AH, with Water Methanol fluid would be great.

190 Had enough fluid for around 40-50 minutes of wep, they could run it 10 minutes, then they had to cool down for 5 minutes, run it 10, cool down 5 till the fluid was finnished.
This would make it better for many LW planes in AH since they don't fly in the air more then about 30 minutes (combat) anyway.

------------------
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson
III/JG5 Eismeer

"Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be."

Adolf Galland
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

AG Sachsenberg

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2001, 09:06:00 AM »
As it stands MW-50 should not overheat the engine!  I think it would be a great addition though. But you still could use extra manifold in the FW's BTW   GM-1 depending on boost could last up to 13-18 minutes.

------------------

Verkaaft's mei Gwand `I foahr in himmel!
Sell my clothes I am going to Heaven!

[This message has been edited by AG Sachsenberg (edited 05-07-2001).]

Offline R4M

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2001, 09:49:00 AM »

Originally posted by whels1:
i think
 this kind of limited wep feature. also have it tied to fuel burn multiplier.

Whels

LOL sure, dude...the US planes are the lest hurt for the fuel modifier,with the possible exception of the japanese...so lets give them les problems by cutting the enemy wep by 2.5 right?.

Fuel modifier is there to keep the arena ranges at a decent level. GM1 and MW50 are there to give WEP to planes, so they can increase their power while fighting.

In short: the reason why the fuel modifier is there does not demand the booster systems "fuel" to be included.

[This message has been edited by R4M (edited 05-07-2001).]

Offline Fokker

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.inbusiness.no
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2001, 07:40:00 PM »
In Warbirds overheating would make your engine smoke on some planes.