Author Topic: Hey Rooks, nice missions last night!  (Read 326 times)

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
Hey Rooks, nice missions last night!
« on: July 02, 2008, 11:49:05 AM »
I'm not sure who put them together, but I ran into at least 2 big fighter sweeps and an HQ mission last night during my 2 or 3 hours on.  The first one was a really, really nice fighter sweep misson where these guys flew P-51s to our base at alt, but not unreasonably high...maybe 15k.  The best part was they hung out sorta on the fringes of the base with no vulching and they even left the radar up which really facillitated finding the fight.

I want to say a second one was 109's.

A third mission was in Hellcats, but I think it was a base capture.  It was actually kind of funny.  Trotter and I took off in Hellcats and were proceeding SW to grab some alt.  We're smoking and joking on vox, I check 6 and I see two red F6Fs diving on our base.  I yell, "Trotter check 6, the fight's behind us!"

We both turn 180, WEP on heading back to base when all of a sudden there are about 50 black dots coming in from the horizon and then more F6Fs than you can imagine diving on the base and the two of us at 4k.  It was a hectic time (and I didn't last real long).

Altogether it was just a ton of fun to run into dedicated fighter sweeps in the first two missions with folks that were flying to fight rather than porking the radar and then doing that 'other' stuff in AH2.

<S> to whoever put those missions together!
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
Re: Hey Rooks, nice missions last night!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 01:34:25 PM »
Hey Toonce if u are referring to the sweeps over A25 it was the Aces&8s, and a couple other guys from another squad (I believe they were from 4th fighter group). We took up ponies on the first and 109's on the second. It was a blast it was our sole purpose to just do nothing but have fights. We were not to strafe or vulch just let ya'll come up and fight. We had a cv offshore that we were using to have a furball, but it sprung a leak.

This tour ACES&8s are focusing on fighters from what our CO has ordered. So hopefully ya'll will see alot more fighter sweeps like that. <S> Toonce and also <S> to the other guys who were part of the sweeps and the defenders.
Ingame ID: Cajon

"SlapShot
There is no shame in putting up a good fight and dieing."
"You never know how strong you are til being strong is the only choice you have" Unknown author

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 04:05:59 PM »
Was a good time. Was the first time I've flown F6's with a squaddie in a long long time, and apparently that summoned the rook f6 undead that sprung to life behind us.

The 51 raid on our HQ was a blast to defend also.

Best thing about Titanic day is that theres always missions inbound and outbound.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 07:01:48 PM »
Good going Aces & 8s. I prefer base taking but still it sure is fun to do fighter sweeps. Use to do a lot of them.

<S>

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter