Author Topic: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable  (Read 25406 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable
« Reply #1395 on: Yesterday at 04:15:50 PM »
On the other hand the mission editor in DSC is brilliant.

Like most of DCS, I describe it as a beautiful hot mess. ;)

So much it can to brilliantly.  So many problems too.  It can be frustrating but I am willing to forgive a lot as long as code is being written and somethings getting fixed now and then.  As long as they don't quit bothering.

Having access to a scripting language that can access core components of the simulation is huge.  Gives you a lot of power.  A lot to learn and not ALL powerful, but soooo much potential.

Gives me a testbed platform to try some stuff and decide what I want to spend more time working on.

I have a spare box I setup a little custom server on to have a platform to play around mission building on and testing.  Right now I am running a couple of missions I made that were inspired by some if the AI missions I had made for Nefarious when he was getting his Fortress Europe going.  Same basic idea as I did there but reimplemented in DCS' editor and adding a little scripting in lua.

The other day I popped in to do some testing (I do have it open to the public) and had some guys in there.  I was admin stalking them grabbing some video just to watch how the gameplay ran for other than me.  They seemed to be having fun. 

Lost sound on part of it but I didn't go redo it.  Justa quickie video of some testing.

Same action recorded by one of those guys POV:

It's currently running a b-17 mission to Paris, and a Ju-88 mission to London in rotation.

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 04:25:23 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1396 on: Yesterday at 04:24:54 PM »
Add some narration Trips, make it epicer.

How many died, or at least suffered sorely bruised egos, ground handling that Anton. There were not two seat trainers me thinks.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 04:29:48 PM by AKIron »
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #1397 on: Yesterday at 04:50:06 PM »
Leyts look at it this. Including what I said above, this #2 in getting burned, ED has major problems their path and finances. This payment plan can only go do long before implosion. They are reaching then end of the clock on this method.

As far as being convinced to play,…Trippy Appleseed would try to sell it to a mole. He and Dickwood are nonstop, I’m not sure they ate actual humans. I don’t think I’ve seen someone more obsessed over crack cocaine.

End note; dcs currently has major issues, and if that fix doesn’t come right quick its a spiral. It’s not in optimal timing.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1398 on: Yesterday at 04:50:15 PM »
I'm not a pro but I have watched a Holiday Inn Express commercial. Turn down the game volume if you plan to narrate a video. People want to hear you talk.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1399 on: Yesterday at 04:51:37 PM »
No Animl, that's not it, no one cares. Make a video. Narrate it. Add some humor.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #1400 on: Yesterday at 05:37:17 PM »
No Animl, that's not it, no one cares. Make a video. Narrate it. Add some humor.

From my POV I’m spot on. Never saw anything like it, and I’ve been down a lot of roads. Its disturbing when it doesn’t involve drugs , alcohol or politics.

I did make a vid,  15 min of MotA. Waiting for new MB to finish it. New PC cooked. Vid 90% done.

I can be humorous. Some people don’t give me room on bbs. Got some real winners here. i have my fun on 200 and others have fun with me.

Many times I come to bbs and just want to jab a pen in my eye, over and over. :)
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1401 on: Yesterday at 05:42:47 PM »

Many times I come to bbs and just want to jab a pen in my eye, over and over. :)

Would it help if we cheered him on?  :rofl

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #1402 on: Yesterday at 06:04:39 PM »
Would it help if we cheered him on?  :rofl

And there ya go, the coward smart mouth.

Sig line, projection of himself. A true drama puddle of vomit
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #1403 on: Yesterday at 06:11:07 PM »
I'm not a pro but I have watched a Holiday Inn Express commercial. Turn down the game volume if you plan to narrate a video. People want to hear you talk.

I’m far from pro. The pros tell me to stick to sudio.

I just taught myself in the last yr because I saw it lacking.

70s I had a Triumph 750 .  Learned Harley’s in the 80s by rebuilding every single part, including trans on my first one, next to my bed in my bedroom. Lived and breathed it. I attack everything like that. I’m not the best, I just do MY best.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1404 on: Yesterday at 06:59:51 PM »
The Hughes OH-6A, exceptionally flown, poorly.

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #1405 on: Yesterday at 07:21:37 PM »
Populations of real players is possible but pings make it unplayable at times,

Try the Wolfpack US server
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #1406 on: Today at 04:42:59 AM »
Ya, I rem er dealing with Counter Strike servers. A real PITA. AH ya hit the MA, no search and struggle. Multi servers, Pings, weirdo players, rampant cheating, no mods, very gamey, low numbers. MAs were the best thing since napkins. It still is.

These games have one thing going for them, new graphics, which they all are catching up on. DCS doesn’t stand out as much.

Building acm against AI is very low.  Many vids of players shooting AI, very boring. The best thing dcs has is pretty cockpits. Buttons over game play. Notice whats intensionally not mentioned, price, game play, dropping numbers, finding large numbers to fight, production is shut down. “But we have pretty cockpits and graphics.”

Ya can’t trust words of salesmen, ya gotta dig past that fluff.to see reality. Its just not as sold.
« Last Edit: Today at 04:46:55 AM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks