Author Topic: Disco / booted every hour  (Read 1687 times)

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
Disco / booted every hour
« on: July 03, 2008, 05:01:36 PM »
Every hour of game play ends with a disconnection. I have been playing in orange but it seems to happen in every arena.

What can i do?

D/L the game over or is this a prob for a few players?

Thanks

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
Re: Disco / booted every hour
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 06:04:08 PM »
internet connection issue I'm thinking.  Sometimes a file can get messed up, but it will effect the same plane, sound, something every time.  The question is, what are you doing before each disco.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 08:10:34 PM »
Thanks for responding Dragon, I'm thinking maybe I won't be able to get help till Monday on this because of holiday.  Happy 4th BTW

I'm doing the same thing every time. Just flying or Gv'ing around. A couple of times it's happened in the tower as well. I have 11 hours on and 11 boots. One an Hour. I even clocked it the last time it happened. I'm logging off now and then going back in game before the hour is up and it seems to work but WTF?  heheh

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 10:13:02 PM »
It sounds like another program is borrowing your connection for a second to check for an update of ping a site. Possibly spam or spyware. If its that regular you should be able to pin it down.

Run virus scan, and ad-aware, then check to see what programs you have running in the background. All it takes is a second of disconnect (thats why cable pulling doesn't work) and your out of the game.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 10:39:31 AM »
Thanks Fugitive,

I did run all of those over the last 3 days and it did not help at all yesterday until miraculously the problem disappeared last night sometime after posting here. I had absolutely no probs in Blue last night.

Being disco'ed almost on the hour out of Blue musta been a fluke and made me think it was for all of AH. Now I'm thinking it's an Orange prob or Titanic Tuesday map issue. I'm going to hang in orange for an hour before i get ready to leave.

HAppy 4th all

I did mess with my vid settings trying to increase frames as well. Was getting 11 - 22 frames in orange when I normally get 30 to 50

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 11:22:52 AM »
I have had the same issue T00L, which is one of the main reasons I have not flown for a while... because I got sick of it and just needed a break from it.  Mine I think has to do with something in my bios as my clock does not stay up to date.  So I am wondering, maybe mine is discoed every hour because of this issue, such as my information coming from HTC and my computer not having the correct time.  Migt be something, but am not sure...
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 02:59:44 PM »
Thanks for responding Dragon, I'm thinking maybe I won't be able to get help till Monday on this because of holiday.  Happy 4th BTW

I'm doing the same thing every time. Just flying or Gv'ing around. A couple of times it's happened in the tower as well. I have 11 hours on and 11 boots. One an Hour. I even clocked it the last time it happened. I'm logging off now and then going back in game before the hour is up and it seems to work but WTF?  heheh

Couple things about your system/connection..  Are you running Vista or XP?
Who's your ISP?
Are you behind a router/hub/switch?

Also, what are you using as far as Antivirus/Antispyware/Firewall, etc.?

A few antivirus and antispyware applications try to update every hour by default..
Really, it's kind of hard to determine the issue without doing a battery of tests..
Have you ever used Hijackthis?
Basically, what Hijackthis does is determine all your processes especially those running in the backround..  It makes a logfile of these processes....  Then, if you know what you're doing, you can disable or remove certain processes that may be causing problems, or you can put the logfile on one of their forums and they can determine if anything is an issue.. 
Buy yeah, if it's on the hour every hour, sounds like something trying to access your internet connection.. 
I like classy, beautiful, intelligent woman that say the "F" word a lot....

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2008, 03:22:45 PM »
I've also had a number of "Lost UDP" ---> discos this past week. Can't recall this happening anytime in the past 6-9 months. I'm on a solid DSL and re-power my modem once a week.

Offline Hawk55

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2008, 09:58:34 PM »
I've also had a number of "Lost UDP" ---> discos this past week. Can't recall this happening anytime in the past 6-9 months. I'm on a solid DSL and re-power my modem once a week.

Ditto Max...this past week has been absolutely brutal and not even worth logging on.
The Lynchmob-Outlaws--HAWK

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2008, 10:08:29 PM »
Wonder if it's the influx of summer vacation kiddies takin' up our bandwidth.  You guys notice if there's more logged than pre-summer figures?
I dunno, seem busier to me.   I came back to the game in early May, and around mid June, seemed like more people were logged on. 

I have no idea as how large HiTech's capacity as far as bandwidth or server ability.  Do you guys play any other games beside AH?  Are you getting discoed there to?  Just curious.  Then you'd be able to sort of tell if it's just your connection being moody, or something on Hitech's end.

I play a few other games pretty regularly on line and I have to be honest, I pretty much never get discoed from them.  In the time I've been back, I've gotten maybe 4 or 5 discoes in the span of about 2 months while playing AH in the late evening hours.
I like classy, beautiful, intelligent woman that say the "F" word a lot....

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2008, 06:45:19 AM »
Wonder if it's the influx of summer vacation kiddies takin' up our bandwidth.  You guys notice if there's more logged than pre-summer figures?
I dunno, seem busier to me.   I came back to the game in early May, and around mid June, seemed like more people were logged on. 

A few weeks ago Skuzzy mentioned summer vacation (aka Squeakers Gone Wild) as a possible jam point in the internet nexus. HTC maintains, however, that their server capacity is not overwhelmed by the current number of players.

Like I said, I'm at a loss to explain why I can putter along for months at a time with no connection issues, and all of a sudden, BOOM...repeated disco/UDP problems come outta nowhere.  :cry

Offline Falcon94

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2008, 06:55:03 PM »
Ive been getting the same problems here, seems to start around 2pm est time and ends around 10 pm. UDP loses connection and disco. My ISP tech ppl said it could have been the router and to try it without the router in the equation and i tried it, it worked for about 12 hours then started right back up again. I got booted about 15mins prior to posting this so it is on going  :cry

Hope we get this sorted out soon.

Twintail
Xtreme

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2008, 11:03:18 PM »
Are you running an anti-virus program while playing? You may want to post your dxdiag output here. You didn't by chance download any intel disk management software?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2008, 02:34:09 AM »
I Thought it was cleared up but seems to be A PROBLEM WITH ORANGE or TITANIC TUESDAY MAP.

Every hour on the hour boot there.

Thanks for all the suggestions...tried them all..Salute

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2008, 04:48:31 AM »
It's a Bish plot :noid
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder