Author Topic: Chog - Not to be perked  (Read 3726 times)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Chog - Not to be perked
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2001, 11:50:00 PM »

Originally posted by SFRT - Frenchy:
Stop that Vulcan, 1/5 of your deaths are due to F4UC's.

Maybe because you didn't really encountered a lot of them.

I'm borred of fighting F4C's. I got 41 of them of my little 330 kills. I got killed by a F4C 2 times more than my second "highest killer"  

My bomber leader, barely able to dogfight likes it a lot because he can achieve kills in it, even 2/3 a run sometimes  

Out of 88 tiffie deaths 12 were from Chogs. Hardly stunning stuff considering the number of chogs in the arena.

Ponies have had their way with me more than chogs.

So even though proportionally I see more chogs, they are not #1 on the list for tagging me. Compared to my kill stats where Chogs, n1kis, and ponies are my tiffies favourite food, spread pretty evenly too :-)

p.s. how the f**k did I get a kill in a chute?

Offline fscott

• Banned
  • Copper Member
Chog - Not to be perked
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2001, 12:12:00 AM »
Hitech was asked today if the CHog was going to be perked. His answer was no.

fscott

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
Chog - Not to be perked
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2001, 12:47:00 AM »
Cool, we get an La7  

I think if its a perkie then it should be a low-value perkie - its a 1943 aircraft!
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
Chog - Not to be perked
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2001, 12:55:00 AM »
Vulcan, <S>

I think you can get a manuever kill in just about anything.   How many times has a C-47 killed you? or anyone?

Voss 13th T.A.S.

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
Chog - Not to be perked
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2001, 01:08:00 AM »
Not "perking" C-Hog propably means that also Dora will be free  

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
Chog - Not to be perked
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2001, 01:12:00 AM »
If you wont perk the C-HOG then dont perk the Tempest, the La-7, the Spitfire XIV and the 190D-9 with MW50.

I dont see how HTC can use double standards. And I want to see HOG-dweebs chased and killed by Tempest-dweebs for free  

"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline Kirin

• Nickel Member
Chog - Not to be perked
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2001, 01:32:00 AM »
Heheh, wonder who the whining masses were in the Chog-Perk-Issue...  

Hey Nash, had a couple of good fights with ya - no problem with a single CHog but very annyoed of their mass-appeal in the MA... (no, not Mass aka SAW)

Make it a low-price perk and balance will come back.

F4UDOA, we will never (well, except for the very first day) see an arena full of Tempests - perk cost of 500-1000, hey come on start thinking! I don't know anyway what you Big-Blue-Fanatics are afraid of you still have an almost identical twin, just without the Lazer-Cannons - is firepower all you can rely on?

<S> to the dedicated D-Hog drivers! These people are the ones who really love the big blue bird!!!!

------------------
~Kirin~

[This message has been edited by Kirin (edited 01-23-2001).]
Real men fly Radial!

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Chog - Not to be perked
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2001, 01:39:00 AM »

I will only say this (ok, flame me again)

If next tour is like this,full of blue flying turbolasers, be sure I will be packing my things to flee as soon as WWIIOL or IL2 are up. Is the only way I REALLY can make HTC note I HATE the Chog so much that it SPOILS my fun enough not to be back here.

Kirin, I agree. One chog is not a problem. 5 at a time are. And 5 hogs at a time is a very common sight in the MA.

(20% of kills and they dont perk hte !·$!%ing thing...sheesh...call that "concession for gameplay")

funked

Chog - Not to be perked
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2001, 01:43:00 AM »
Pretty bored with C-Hogs high here.  They are not that hard to beat... but seeing only one plane gets quite old.

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
Chog - Not to be perked
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2001, 01:46:00 AM »
You guys ever think they may rotate the perked rides? Or, determine the perks on some other basis then a fixed set?

Voss 13th T.A.S.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Chog - Not to be perked
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2001, 01:49:00 AM »

Originally posted by RAM:

I will only say this (ok, flame me again)

If next tour is like this,full of blue flying turbolasers, be sure I will be packing my things to flee as soon as WWIIOL or IL2 are up. Is the only way I REALLY can make HTC note I HATE the Chog so much that it SPOILS my fun enough not to be back here.

Kirin, I agree. One chog is not a problem. 5 at a time are. And 5 hogs at a time is a very common sight in the MA.

(20% of kills and they dont perk hte !·$!%ing thing...sheesh...call that "concession for gameplay")

Hmmm its almost an "I quit" post  

OK RAM and the rest of the statistic quoting whiners consider this: You all admit that the arena is full of Chogs right? So we assume say 33% of aircraft are flown are chogs - too much? OK, 25% then?

So if 25% of the aircraft in being flown are chogs, and 20% of kills are getting racked up to chogs, then what does that tell you?

Chogs aren't getting their fair share!!!

IE if 25% of the arena flies chogs, and its this freaking amazing uberplane that even dweebs can get 3 kill runs in, then you'd expect it to rack up say 75% of kills.

For me the top 3 planes in AH right now are the Pony, the N1ki, and I have to say the tiffie (coz i luv it). I find the chog no more difficult than a Jug to kill.

Pepino

Chog - Not to be perked
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2001, 02:02:00 AM »
I think perk points is a somewhat dynamic arrangement to try to balance arena. In that sense, I don't mind which planes are perked at any given time. I found the cheap perk solution quite sensible, in order to cure the C-Hog disease, or any other arising in the future. It is utmost boring when you see a genetic-clean horde of C-Hog coming low from any CV. Not a single TBM's to make mud job, let alone Hellkitties..Zekes? you crazy?.

Plus, C-Hog encourage the no-brainer, fly-straight, Quake-minded style of playing. That's the main difference with N1K2. Not that N1K2 can be another cheap perk (maybe, maybe not), but just stating the difference in flying styles. Yes, C-Hogs are (roughly talking) easy preys. That's because you see more and more people T&B'ing with this bird against Zekes, Spitfires, N1K2.... Does it make any sense?. Only if yo think on newbies or Quakers giving all for a snapshot or a HO. Sad. I like this game because of its balance. You can tell whatever, but now (at least in terms of Arena appearance) it is NOT. Way too many F4U-1C. Of course, it's my opinion. I bet somebody out there thinks Quakebirds are still too low in numbers, and FW190-A8, Zeke, 109's, C205, C202 should be perked, better if banned.

Flame on,

Pepe

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Chog - Not to be perked
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2001, 02:04:00 AM »

Originally posted by Vulcan:

So if 25% of the aircraft in being flown are chogs, and 20% of kills are getting racked up to chogs, then what does that tell you?

That one of each four planes I see is a Chog.

And that I am tired of it. gets REALLY old.

Pepino

Chog - Not to be perked
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2001, 02:19:00 AM »
And no, I am NOT starting a Poll   hehehe

Cheers,

Pepe

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
Chog - Not to be perked
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2001, 04:24:00 AM »
Gee, I wouldn't mind to see C hogs be used more than D hogs..
it would be historically total BS and would take away all the reasons why not to add some rarer LW planes in the game without being perked.