Author Topic: Okay, I REALLY need help with this one!  (Read 1175 times)

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
Re: Okay, I REALLY need help with this one!
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2008, 06:44:32 AM »
DVI cables are very expensive...

Did you install drivers for that monitor? If so, did you try something simple like deleting the drivers?
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2008, 06:46:06 AM »

Did you install drivers for that monitor? If so, did you try something simple like deleting the drivers?

No, it didn't require drivers. The tower and moniter came together as a pack, and were supposedly instantly compatable.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2008, 06:50:47 AM »
Cross posting is bad form.  Do not do that again.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2008, 06:54:42 AM »
Cross posting is bad form.  Do not do that again.

My apologies. It won't happen again.

Offline NOT

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2008, 06:58:24 AM »

actually you can get DVI cables rather inexpensively at e-tailers like newegg.
here is one for 10 bucks +shipping.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812189047

NOT

AKNOT

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2008, 06:59:48 AM »
So what is this DVI cable and how is it supposed to fix my monitor?

Offline NOT

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2008, 07:06:52 AM »
after actually reading the whole post :rolleyes:, i doubt the cable is your issue. all a dvi does is give you a digital signal from your vid card, as opposed to analog. most monitors have a master power switch on the back, as well as the front button, try turning it off for about 30 sec, then turn it back on. that should reset the monitor.

NOT

AKNOT

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2008, 08:03:51 AM »
DVI is a digital interface, the cables are a little more expensive but worth it because the image is kept digital all the way from the software to the pixel on the screen. the PC/GPU controls how the image is displayed, monitor controls and "auto" buttons shouldn't do anything if you're using a DVI cable.

with VGA the GPU converts dig -> analogue, sends it over the cable, then the monitor converts it back to digital again to display on screen, so its never displayed as the software intends it. this way you can get fuzzy image, sync/timing issues, gaps etc.

if your monitor is DVI (yours is) you should be using it. $5 says it works fine with a DVI cable ;)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 08:06:04 AM by RTHolmes »
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2008, 04:46:54 PM »
I have the same monitor (except the 2207H with the HDMI output).  I tried the analog and had this same issue.

I quickly picked up a HDMI/DVI converter and everything went fine. 

"You rebel scum"

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2008, 11:45:09 AM »
I have had this problem as well, but it normally is easier to fix than it seems, unless the monitor is messed up.  Most times the problem will happen if you hit "auto adjust" and have something open that takes either more or less of the total screen.  For instance, if you have a picture open that is 1300x1200 on a res of 1280x1024 and hit "auto adjust" it will attempt to adjust to fit the picture.  Normally it won'thappen on the desktop, unless you have a res not supported by the monitor, or just too big for the monitor.  Try setting res to as low as you can hitting the button again, see if it fixes it.  If you have messed with "V position" or "H position" or V/H sizes (Vertical Horizontal) set them back to default and try again.  If need be try decreasing the V/H sizes to fitthe monitor manually.  If this doesn't work you may have faulty hardware, or messed with something that should not have been messed with.
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2008, 02:44:17 PM »
I have had this problem as well, but it normally is easier to fix than it seems, unless the monitor is messed up.  Most times the problem will happen if you hit "auto adjust" and have something open that takes either more or less of the total screen.  For instance, if you have a picture open that is 1300x1200 on a res of 1280x1024 and hit "auto adjust" it will attempt to adjust to fit the picture.  Normally it won'thappen on the desktop, unless you have a res not supported by the monitor, or just too big for the monitor.  Try setting res to as low as you can hitting the button again, see if it fixes it.  If you have messed with "V position" or "H position" or V/H sizes (Vertical Horizontal) set them back to default and try again.  If need be try decreasing the V/H sizes to fitthe monitor manually.  If this doesn't work you may have faulty hardware, or messed with something that should not have been messed with.

So... in theory, if I create a picture in paint the EXACT size of the moniter, open it, and hit auto adjust, would that fix it?

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2008, 09:30:02 AM »

Actually they are only expensive in stores.  Look for them online and you will save a ton of money on DVI cables.

All the Best...
    Jay
 awDoc1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!