Author Topic: looking for a uk clan/squad  (Read 557 times)

Offline turdy

• Zinc Member
looking for a uk clan/squad
« on: July 06, 2008, 12:13:34 PM »
i hope someone can point me in the right direction on this, i used to play this game 3 or 4 years ago and looking to get back into it again, i'm already a member of a gaming clan but thats a FPS type clan, so what i'm looking for is a squad thats very chilled out, has around 20 to 40 members and has a lively t.s, do NOT want a squad with 100+ members where you say checking in/out yes sir no sir if i want that i'll go and join the army !!!
a bit about me, i'm getting old !!! 38, i drink too much, i swear too much, i talk ... yeap too much ! talk mostly rubbish when drunk :)
theres got to be a squad of drunken brits out there that like shooting things out the sky and have fun doing it !!!!
thanks for any help in advance :)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: looking for a uk clan/squad
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 12:43:09 PM »
welcome to come check us out in late war, knights, vox channel 171. fly on channel for a week and see what you think before makin any choices. 
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline turdy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 12:54:16 PM »
thanks for the quick reply mechanic, i'll drop into your vox hopefully tommorow i need to go and pick up my flight stick and give it a good dusting :)

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 12:39:58 AM »
Turdy,

www.thefewsquadron.co.uk

We only recruit British and European pilots due to time zone conflicts.  To my knowledge we are the only squadron to do so and are the biggest in terms of pure British Talent.

Don't make any hasty decisions and try out ALL of your options before commiting to a life full of regret and unhappiness.

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline turdy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 01:45:48 AM »
cheers bruv119, i'll be droping by to share my regret and unhappiness with your happy lot :)
i've had a quick look at your site, its a bit sparse ! but like the fact you have no rules as such, do you have a in game vox channel or the ventrillo i.p i can pop into so we can have a chat,

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 01:53:09 AM »
sparse?  whats sparse about it? 

We rotate countries in game every 4 months (we don't buy into country loyalty because they are all the same in one way or another)  Just a bunch of mercenary gypsies looking to build a British Horde.

In game we are Rooks channel 119, but as stated we use Vent for comms.

:salute
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 12:44:14 PM »
join Bruv, he needs the members more. Its hard to concentrate so hard on rank and score without enough members ;)
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline turdy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 12:54:43 PM »
lol cheers mechanic, you've just read my post on the few forum and now your trying to get rid of me   :frown:
dont think the few will even want me now ! 

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 01:11:13 PM »
not at all turdy, i was making a joke at bruv's expense! The choice is yours and either squad will be alot of fun.

Offline turdy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 02:10:28 PM »
well i'm about to jump in now, its been a pain getting setup, first off i had the spinning clipboard, found a post that fix that (thanks to the chap with the hotfix link, it worked )
got 5 mins flying in on pratice, now got to see if i can work out the comms, but i must say i've been online gaming now for a few years (fps) and this looks a very nice community of players !

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 04:49:50 PM »
join Bruv, he needs the members more. Its hard to concentrate so hard on rank and score without enough members ;)

:rofl :lol
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008, 03:34:53 AM »
well last month we somehow finished number one for Squad score so  guilty as charged  :D

Just shows a great balance of what different guys in our squad are capable of and when they all chip in with what they do best it shows.

and yes I do need the members more than the 71st because we dont have 3 wings of yanks  :P

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline turdy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2008, 04:32:19 AM »
i managed to get some flying in last night, big thanks to sparkplg for the one on one training !!!! i started the night with a score of zero went to bed on minus 100 !!!!
40 deaths - no kills  :pray,

Offline dentin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2008, 04:08:50 PM »
well last month we somehow finished number one for Squad score so  guilty as charged  :D

Just shows a great balance of what different guys in our squad are capable of and when they all chip in with what they do best it shows.

and yes I do need the members more than the 71st because we dont have 3 wings of yanks  :P

Heyy now, you do realize that every "yank" secretly wishes to be a "Brit.   :rofl

"The more I see of the depressing stature of people, the more I admire my dogs."
 Opinions are like Armpits..everyone has two and sometime they both stink!
"No matter how much things change, They remain the same"