Author Topic: Once and for all......  (Read 2017 times)

Offline Chemdawg

• Copper Member
Once and for all......
« on: July 09, 2008, 02:58:22 PM »
Okay....I REALLY dont want to stir up any issues, buuuuuttt......

I have posted this issue before and had alot of opinions posted but no answers. I get some time to fly during the daytime when I am on leave. I enjoy the game and the goal oriented play and can't wait to get on the 'puter. However, it has been stated that I have been milkrunning. I dont care what other people think of me. I believe in following the rules. So, once and for all.........am I allowed to fly when I am on alone, in the arena, unopposed?

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Re: Once and for all......
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 03:03:01 PM »
No.
"6. Any player(s) found to be using an empty arena to advance their war effort without opposition is an offense"

Offline Chemdawg

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 03:10:50 PM »
Thank you. :aok

It was stated before the first round that as long as it was not a coordinated effort it was not against the rules. That is the ROE that I have been flying with since the beginning. This statement is obviously in my defense so, my apologies to all for having broken the rule and it wil not happen any more.

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 03:25:53 PM »
LOL

Why does it even matter what ever you take down will be back up soon anyhow.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 03:28:16 PM »
No matter how you rationalize it you're not above the rules.

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 03:32:02 PM »
Yes you are right but there is usually a bit a truth in any rationalization. That why they seem to make sense to the one doing it and sometimes to others.

Just speaking in general terms now.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 03:40:23 PM by flatiron1 »

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 03:39:28 PM »
flatiron, what you take down today unopposed will not be available to our side during prime-time.

Thank you for following the rules chemdawg. :aok  Fwiw, until recently I was in the same situation and unable to fly during prime-time hours.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 03:52:21 PM »
I am going to quote Mr. Fork from an post on 6-8-08 entitled BOA player conduct expectations. Maybe this needs further clarification/ What I am looking for is a solution.

"Quote from: Damionte on June 08, 2008, 10:17:28 AM
Questions for number 5.

Is this meant to squash large off peak hour raids, or knock out the more casual off peak players.

Personally I am often on at off peak hours. I'll come into the Ava and find maybe 2-3 people in there. Usually 2-3v1-s for one side or the other.

If one side launches a mission and the other side logs off, does that mission then have to turn around and land?

Good question Damionte.  Rule 5 is meant to stop 5-10 players coordinating and sticking to one side to pummel their vacant opponent in an organized fashion - what we consider unreasonable player conduct. 2-3 players,  is reasonable.  Conversely, side CO are expected to defend their territories - war doesn't sleep and if they have players from a variety of time zones, the could coordinate their times in the arena.  It all goes down to what is reasonable. 

If a side logs as you're in the middle of a coordinated attack, the attack continues.  It again goes back to what is reasonable.  Sized are expected to defend their resources." 

Hope this answers your question.

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 03:57:13 PM »
Hence the addition of Rule #6.  :salute
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 04:04:27 PM »
6- Members are asked to not act as "back seat moderators". Issues with any breach of rules should be brought to HTC's attention via email at support@hitechcreations.com.

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 04:07:08 PM »
Speaking as a Staffer here, not a player.

Gonna go out on a limb here and enlighten some of the guys on the Allied side about something.  The vast majority of the Axis side does not give a flying hoot about "Winning the War".  They want to have fun, action packed nights, in a growing arena.  Not mindless furballing, but organized fun.  When the Allies milk, unnopposed every day ( and you know I have seen it) (thus take away), the tools for this action packed fun, the axis guys simply go fly somewhere else.  Please try to act mature and think before you "Up a squadron of Jeeps" for a diversion.  Now I know a certain allied squad brings these gamey, lame, fun destroying tactics to the allied side.  Please think for yourselves.

You all need to look toward the Veteran players on your side, if you think anything I am saying is not right in the bullseye.  Do you really find worth in congratulating eachother on unopposed accomplishments?  I do hope not.

As a staffer, I implore you all to look at the bigger picture.  That being the healthy growth of the AvA Arena, as a fun, action packed historically based Arena of play.  Send the gamers back to early war, or better yet, midwar.

<Salute>
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 04:08:47 PM »
6- Members are asked to not act as "back seat moderators". Issues with any breach of rules should be brought to HTC's attention via email at support@hitechcreations.com.

:huh  I hope your not being a smart arse there.

This Rule # 6.

During the BOA, we expect all conduct to be fair, respectful, and reasonable.

Fair Play Rules
1. We ask that all players be respectful to one another in the Arena and on the BBS forums.
2. There is 0-Tolerance to any kind of smack-talk or taunting on any open channel or on the BBS.
3. There is 0-Tolerance to complaints about HO's, vulching, or 'unfair gameplay' that is disrespectful to other players on any open channel.
4. Three-strike offense system. First offense is a warn. Second is a mute. Third we ask you to leave. If the player refuses, we eject.
5. Players who reach the point of having 3 strikes will be banned from the arena for an indefinite period of time.*
6. Any player(s) found to be using an empty arena to advance their war effort without opposition is an offense - see rule 4.

Our intent is to trust everyone to be reasonable and respectful to one another.  Break that trust, you will be asked to leave the arena.  Any player that has an issue when a Staffer is not online, please use the built-in .complain feature to report it to HTC support. If you have screenshots of an incident please send them to an AvA Staffer, do not try and handle it via the forums.

*Please note: A player does not have to reach 3 strikes for action to be taken. Appeals to a ban will be heard on a case by case basis.

So stick to having fun so no one has to mess with any of this sort of nonsense.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 04:15:52 PM »
whoops wrong set of rules but the one I posted does seem to apply in this case. sorry and i will ignore that smart ---- statement.

By posting anywhere on this bulletin board, it is assumed all users have read and understand the following posting rules.

1- Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.

2- Threads should remain on topic, do not "hijack" topics.

3- Do not open a new thread that duplicates a current topic.

4- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users and HTC. Flaming or abusing users is not tolerated.

5- Flamebaiting, trolling, or posting to incite or annoy is not allowed.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2008, 04:18:50 PM »
Right flatiron.  So which forum rule was broken that caused someone else to act as a back-seat moderator?
1- Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.

2- Threads should remain on topic, do not "hijack" topics.

3- Do not open a new thread that duplicates a current topic.

4- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users and HTC. Flaming or abusing users is not tolerated.

5- Flamebaiting, trolling, or posting to incite or annoy is not allowed.
None of them.
We can tell you all we want about the rules of the ava without being moderators.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2008, 04:23:46 PM »
Flat, your reply to the one irrelevent and erroneous part of this whole thread, while ignoring the multitude of important issues I brought up, does not bode well for someone supposedly interested in helping the Arena.  Folks need to lose the Axis VRS Allies mindset and grow up and look at the bigger picture, which I attempted to outline (though ignored) above.

BTW..there was no Forum rule #6 infractions in this thread.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -