Author Topic: Crashing into tower that isn't there.  (Read 104 times)

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
Crashing into tower that isn't there.
« on: March 16, 2000, 12:32:00 PM »
I couldn't find a post on this but I wanted to mention it.  Even if a tower is destroyed, you can still fly/taxi/land into where it used to be and you will crash.

I had strafed a tower and destroyed it.  Then one of my countrymen buzzed the deck where the tower used to be and died because he flew into the space where it used to be.  I didn't believe him at first and thought it was rather humorous.

Then we took the field and my less-than-perfect landing forced me to taxi to the runway.  As I passed over the spot where the tower usually is, I crashed and died.  Eventhough no obstacle appeared.  This does not seen to happen with any other base target.

Now I for one *agree* with a post from about a month ago that aircraft should take damage when rolling into trees, craters, etc.  I think that aircraft having to avoid craters would make non-bomber rocket and bomb drops more of a strat element.

But how are we crashing into something that isn't there?

Mickey

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2000, 07:40:00 AM »
They don't have  "3D" depth programmed in bomb  craters, what you are  doing is driving into  a very deep crater which could kill the pilot if you are over 50MPH while taxiiing.

------------------
Ripsnort(-rip1-)
++JG2++ ~Richthofen~ XO
Aces High Training Corps
JG2 "Richthofen"

"Some people are only alive because it is illegal to shoot them."

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 03-17-2000).]

Offline Rocket

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2000, 08:10:00 AM »
Also if you look closely,ie. bail from a landed plane and walk to a destroyed tower, you will find walls on the ground. You may have hit debris  

S!
Rocket

------------------

The Red Dragons
Fierce and Bold
With Honour and Courage

www.reddragons.de

[This message has been edited by Rocket (edited 03-17-2000).]

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2000, 01:47:00 PM »
AND!  

Notice that when you are in a tower at a field where the tower is destroyed, you are floating up in the air.

Other buildings do not have this problem, once they are destroyed they are gone.  The tower seems to be a special case.  Probably because the tower has a function in the game for players.  The other buildings are just targets.

------------------
Mino
The Wrecking Crew