Author Topic: Variable Dar Bar ??  (Read 456 times)

Offline Damionte

• Copper Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/cthunder16
Variable Dar Bar ??
« on: July 11, 2008, 05:35:31 PM »
I've looked around to make sure this wasn't mentioned someplace else and I just missed it.

The Dar Bar seems to have different rules every 3-4 days. There's no consistancy to it and that makes it hard to figure out what is going on.

For instance for the first few days of the last round the dar bar was pretty much the way it is in the MA.

Yesterday though it went all funky. I overheard folks who claim to have tested it say that the dar bar was not showing up until planes reached 3K. And was dissapearing when planes got as low as 800 feet.

I wasn't able to confirm either of those. But I do know that the dar bar is not showing up now the way it did the first few days. It kinda feels as if you get less dar bar the further you are from your own fields. Can't confirm that though.

I do know that my group was up on a strike mission yesterday. Less than a zone away from our nearest base and our own dar bar started to disappear. Ove about a minutes worth of time it just got smaller and smaller till it was gone completely. The group during that time was in the middle of the sector. We crossed no boundaries. Only guess we made was that we were in a zone with no radar towers in it. The circles of both allied and axis radar stations reached into the zone but there were no actual towers in that zone.

The dar never came back.

No telling what it looked like from the axls side. We're assuming their picture was different as the group was pounced on over a strat target. Could be the dar bar, or just un lucky timign as CAP fighters responded to the flashing strat regardless of the dar bar.

What's going on?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 06:34:28 PM by Damionte »
Drackson

Allied Commander: AvA / Campaign Series: North Africa / Italy

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
Re: Variable Dar Bar ??
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 12:11:47 AM »
I think Jester fixed it Thursday night.  At least it was finally working for us when JG-11 went toe-to-toe with us.  :D

:salute
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline meandog

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 01:25:33 PM »
Just a quick question with the hope of not stirring up a stink pot......why is there a dar bar anyway?

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 01:29:55 PM »
Just a quick question with the hope of not stirring up a stink pot......why is there a dar bar anyway?
It represents ground controllers.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 07:59:00 PM »
What's going on?

Honest answer?  Don't know. Radar settings are the same for both side but there have been some anomalies we have not tracked down. Nothing is being changed on a day to day basis.

Offline Damionte

• Copper Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/cthunder16
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 09:38:58 PM »
Honest answer?  Don't know. Radar settings are the same for both side but there have been some anomalies we have not tracked down. Nothing is being changed on a day to day basis.

Good enough for me. Just wanted to hear someone say..... something about it. :)
Drackson

Allied Commander: AvA / Campaign Series: North Africa / Italy

Offline Chemdawg

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 09:48:06 PM »
Agreed

:aok