Author Topic: Cheating - ** Need for VOX Change **"High Tech Please Read"**  (Read 16475 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: Cheating - ** Need for VOX Change **"High Tech Please Read"**
« Reply #465 on: July 20, 2008, 02:21:13 PM »
Guppy is scaring me  :uhoh  but he's right!
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #466 on: July 20, 2008, 02:23:56 PM »
Dan

I took the time and read your post and and the quotes.  I have no problem with your replies...you have every right to defend yourself if you feel attacked.  My problem was with the tone and nature of the other respondents...who were extremely vitriolic and personal and i think fueled his behavior.  I also agree with ROX in his posts about HTs approach (or non-approach) to dual accounts and spying.  Im not sure why you posted them? 

Lets be honest about this...

You DON'T always fly for the country with the lowest numbers and there is NO shame in that.  I'm not sure why you make that part of the definition of you are.  Witht the way numbers shift in arenas that would be a near impossible task and im sure would detract from your game play.  

So why not let that almost indefensible position go and be honest with what most furballers do/don't do:

(im generalizing)

1.  they dont typically participate in active ganging or hoarding
2.  they dont typically spy or pass on country info
3.  they DO want to be where there is the quickest furball style action as fast as possible
4.  they DO try to set challenges for themselves with plane selection etc
5.  they DO use ch 200 ALOT when they are on
6.  they DO tend to ridicule guys who like missions and base capture as an objective
7.  they DONT like to die so most of these guys dont show up to help a ganged base

So they are not a bad breed..more positives then negatives..and the negatives are pretty forgiveable.  

Now this ROX guy does seem to react strongly to criticism...but i'm not sure I've seen so many harsh comments (especially about his private life and real life character) in a long time.

Lets also be honest about STANG.  I like Stang....he actually will show up and help fight off an noe or base cap when he is on your country. He has got a good sense of humor and l  like seeing him on.  But i read that thread where ROX called him a spy.  I cant speak for what STANG did or didnt do.  But when ROX posted a screenshot of Stang joining a posted mission I knew that if nothing else STANG was trying to bug him.  Especially when Stang was in a c47.  So i guess playing on ROX's concerns of him being a spy by doing things like that would tend to fuel a situation...NO?

AND while i would agree that ROX needs to tone down his rhetoric "minister of deceit" etc...maybe you, Dan/CorkyJr, should enjoy playing the game the way you do and quit poking at guys running missions.  It is not a style you understand or enjoy yourself.  I don't understand alot of things but that doesn't make them bad.

<S>  Dan .. you continue to have my respect and friendship :salute
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 02:32:25 PM by FALCONWING »
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #467 on: July 20, 2008, 02:30:03 PM »
Your not too good at math are you?  The original poster said his squad could do in ONE hour what ROXs squad could do in a weekend (48 hours)..

Lets do the math for simple people....

Rox's squad flew 7.2 times as many hours as the 71st.....

They had 60,918 bomber points per hour.....

71st had 1,492 bomber points per hour.....

So they actually cant do in ONE hour what ROX's squad can do in ONE hour....

want to try multiplying that thru by 48 hours versus one???

Unfortunately your the only one PAWNED here....

Well you and the folks claiming your post as pawnage???? :rolleyes:

(continued later..gotta run)

I'm not looking for "pwnage" (is that right?) I'm looking for perspective.  35 times more bomber missions.  8 times more active squad members for that tour.  perspective.

And, the original post mentioned the 71st v the alliance of 15 squads which Rox truncated for the sake of succinctness.  Of course, there are two other wings of the 71st, which, if you could get all active members on at the same time, could get maybe 35 people together at once.

I have nothing against Rox.  Just seems a bit  :noid.  I don't care for his missions and I usually don't fly them.  A hoard flying every plane on the hanger list doesn't reflect a lot of planning and thought.

I heard about this thread in the MA yesterday because Rox and company were still talking smack about Humble on ch.2.  "Oh, I was there!! I heard him go off...."  when the alliance hoard came in and killed a closed a capped field with a dead town.  

Who doesn't want to let go of what?

I chalk the original intent of this thread up to paranoia.  "Our mission got busted, it had to be a spy.  Maybe put that in perspective as well.  How many missions get busted v. how many missions are run.  Sometimes things just don't work.  Sometimes maybe there is a spy trying to grief.  SO what?

Then again, there seems to be lots of paranoid rants on the boards nowadays.

I think it's either aliens, sunspots, or the black helicopters.

wrngway
(resigns from this thread)
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #468 on: July 20, 2008, 02:31:05 PM »
"1.  they dont typically participate in active ganging or hoarding
3.  they DO want to be where there is the quickest furball style action as fast as possible
6.  they DO tend to ridicule guys who like missions and base capture as an objective
7.  they DONT like to die so most of these guys dont show up to help a ganged base"

Being a "furballer", I will give my insight.

1. this is true
2. this is true
3. this is relatively true, but a good fight where it's just your wingman and you vs 10 baddies is as much if not more fun.  Bonus points if you use historical moves.
4. this depends on the person.  Personally, my challenge is staying in the air, and seeing how large of a red blob I can fly into and still come out alive.
5. I use it to say hello, or wtg/<S> someone.  But I don't really "smacktalk"
6. I don't ridicule the fact they do it, I ridicule some of the methods.  It is completely unnecessary to level the entire base.  
7.  Wrong.  I think that is one of the key points in being a "furballer".  We really don't care if we "die", so we go into any fight, no matter the odds.  It is fun for us.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #469 on: July 20, 2008, 02:33:00 PM »
Dan

You DON'T always fly for the country with the lowest numbers and there is NO shame in that.  I'm not sure why you make that part of the definition of you are.  Witht the way numbers shift in arenas that would be a near impossible task and im sure would detract from your game play.  

Exactly....the only way to always fly low numbers is when a country is down by 10+ players, (which happens).  They could also be flying and having a good fight and the country they are on all of a sudden gets an influx of players (which has happened a lot).  ROX thinks that they intentionally go to the higher #s country
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #470 on: July 20, 2008, 03:51:49 PM »
Dan

I took the time and read your post and and the quotes.  I have no problem with your replies...you have every right to defend yourself if you feel attacked.  My problem was with the tone and nature of the other respondents...who were extremely vitriolic and personal and i think fueled his behavior.  I also agree with ROX in his posts about HTs approach (or non-approach) to dual accounts and spying.  Im not sure why you posted them? 

So why not let that almost indefensible position go and be honest with what most furballers do/don't do:

(im generalizing)

1.  they dont typically participate in active ganging or hoarding
7.  they DONT like to die so most of these guys dont show up to help a ganged base

So they are not a bad breed..more positives then negatives..and the negatives are pretty forgiveable.  

Now this ROX guy does seem to react strongly to criticism...but i'm not sure I've seen so many harsh comments (especially about his private life and real life character) in a long time.

Lets also be honest about STANG.  I like Stang....he actually will show up and help fight off an noe or base cap when he is on your country. He has got a good sense of humor and l  like seeing him on.  But i read that thread where ROX called him a spy.  I cant speak for what STANG did or didnt do.  But when ROX posted a screenshot of Stang joining a posted mission I knew that if nothing else STANG was trying to bug him.  Especially when Stang was in a c47.  So i guess playing on ROX's concerns of him being a spy by doing things like that would tend to fuel a situation...NO?

AND while i would agree that ROX needs to tone down his rhetoric "minister of deceit" etc...maybe you, Dan/CorkyJr, should enjoy playing the game the way you do and quit poking at guys running missions.  It is not a style you understand or enjoy yourself.  I don't understand alot of things but that doesn't make them bad.

<S>  Dan .. you continue to have my respect and friendship :salute

<S> Falc.  No problem with anything you said.  I do play the game for fun.  Are there times where I'm not on the team with the lowest numbers? sure.  But what I do when I log on is first check the roster for the low numbers country and go there.  If in the course of an hour the numbers swing there isn't anything I can do about it, and if the fights are good during the swing, I'm not paying attention to the numbers at that point just the fight. If the fights are lousy in one LW arena and I go to the other, sometimes the numbers are high and I can't yet move.  Is there any absolute?  No.  My 'preaching' in regards low numbers is to emphasize the fight and trying to keep the numbers fair so the fight is fair.  That won't change.

Where ROX crossed the line with me is calling me a liar and a cheat.  He then went after other folks I respect as well.  Trying to Joke with the silliness of it all didn't work.  Trying to raise a reasonable discussion didn't work.  So I called him out, and I note he's not responded.  To me the silence is deafening.

I appreciate your input Falc, and out of respect to yourself and the others in this thread who tried to be civil, I'm done with it.   I think the point was made.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #471 on: July 20, 2008, 04:54:45 PM »
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #472 on: July 20, 2008, 05:35:12 PM »
snip....
7.  they DONT like to die so most of these guys dont show up to help a ganged base
...snip

Falc --

I know you were generalizing, but just for the sake of the (suddenly civil and substantive) discussion let me explicitly point out this:

FURBALLERS do not equal SCORE WHOIARS

I see many capture guys make this mistake, maybe because it's siimpler to divide AH into 2 than 3 groups. It's a bit aggravating to see people claim that furballers "only care about themselves and their scores, so they never want to die" when that's really only true of the guys chasing their score. Again, there's not anything wrong with playing that way, but in point of fact furballers tend to do the opposite of "never wanting to die" -- as Dan said, most end up flying INTO red and liking the challenge of fighting from disadvantage, even thought that increases the chance of dying.

In the last 6 months or so I find myself doing this more and more, just because. Last night my first three sorties I flew alone into a place where I KNEW I was going to get jumped by 3-4 guys with a 5K alt advantage...and I climbed above the picking and vulching that was available right underneath me. For my troubles I died twice, lost my engine and glided home once, and dove out another time (nice thing knowing the squad involved wouldn't give up THAT much alt advantage to finish me!)...but on the way home that time I couldn't resist getting in on a bad matchup that ended up seeing me dead.

SO...for my first 4 sorties, my "score" was 3 deaths and a ditch, for no kills. But I had fun -- the part that doesn't show up in scores saw me evading the attacks of multiple bogies for 3-4 passes each time, and knowing that if I possessed even minimal deflection skills my moves would have given me a kill or two. Since I keep putting myself into tougher and tougher situations, my KPD keeps going down, and my KPH and hit % are falling too...not exactly what the 200 field generals accuse furballers of trying to do.

Have to admit that after going about an hour before I had my first outright kill, it rankled a bit to see somebody say people like me only care about their scores.

So anyway, my point is that there are really 3 groups in AH, not 2 -- It's better to think of us as being dogfighters, points players, and base takers. There's not anything wrong with any style! Truth be told, lately I've been seeing some smart base takers take advantage of the differences by calling for vulchers (ie points guys) or furballers to show up when the takers hit a snag.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #473 on: July 20, 2008, 08:14:13 PM »

It's a shame the entire thread that snaphook went bizzerk--lied about his tantrum--then confessed about it and dissapeared got Skuzzified.  It made for excellent reading.  

Plase ask Racdogg, Gunnit222, notch, bignadsy, Toadstul, madhat3, videgin, nero64, Raider, Heretic,Check2, 154681, Pannono.  

They were all present.  To quote Rac:  "That's just uncalled for."  To quote bignadsy:  "Hey snaphook go smoke a joint."

Stand by, I'm trying to host the film.

Another lame attempt, snap.

ROX

EDIT:I uploaded it to the web, yet clicking on the .ahf film file it only comes out in code.  Does ahnyone know how to host a film on the web without changing it (re-recording it using another program) so it's simply the original .ahf file?  Please help.  Thanks!

I dont have a need to lie about anything, I was MFing like a sailor...further if you or anyone of the tards was physically available i'd have beat the tar out of 1 or all of you...yes I was seriously torqued and have never hidden it. Probably the most ballistic I've ever been in a game that didnt involve pads and real blood.

What was lame is your "mission". Gunnit22 was in a flak and I spent the entire time driving in both giving him a sitrep and telling him to get troops in. Racdogg is the total lamo who did nothing but "yell" at solar B2B myself and others to "clear channel". Whilke my reaction was over the top the reality is that you guys are a pox on both teamwork and good gameplay.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 08:33:32 PM by humble »

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #474 on: July 20, 2008, 08:36:48 PM »

FURBALLERS do not equal SCORE WHOIARS

Wholeheartedly agree :aok
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #475 on: July 20, 2008, 09:05:41 PM »
"1.  they dont typically participate in active ganging or hoarding
7.  they DONT like to die so most of these guys dont show up to help a ganged base"

Being a "furballer", I will give my insight.

1. this is true
2. this is true
3. this is relatively true, but a good fight where it's just your wingman and you vs 10 baddies is as much if not more fun.  Bonus points if you use historical moves.
4. this depends on the person.  Personally, my challenge is staying in the air, and seeing how large of a red blob I can fly into and still come out alive.
5. I use it to say hello, or wtg/<S> someone.  But I don't really "smacktalk"
6. I don't ridicule the fact they do it, I ridicule some of the methods.  It is completely unnecessary to level the entire base.  
7.  Wrong.  I think that is one of the key points in being a "furballer".  We really don't care if we "die", so we go into any fight, no matter the odds.  It is fun for us.

i think your answers reflect exactly the feelings of every 'furballer' mensa

S!
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #476 on: July 20, 2008, 09:40:56 PM »

This is the same guy we proved to be lying about the whole incident before--complete with wittnesses and film.  He refused to ask for the film.

And while "any 6 guys from his squad can do more in an hour then the alliance can do in a weekend"...let's look at the numbers shall we?

Since quoting all the numbers for all 15 squads in the Knight's Alliance would be overkill, let's just make it easy and quote the numbers for his squad vs my squad

Tour 101, LW

71st RAF, snaphook commanding:

Overall Rank:                                    169  
Total Kills:                                        899      
Field Captures:                                     1
Bomber Damage Points:                 240,244

77th FS "Gamblers", ROX commanding

Overall Rank                                     140
Total Kills                                      3,180
Field Captures                                     5
Bomber Damage Points             74,076,431

This guy lost all credibility the last time he did this, and what's left just got sucked out the window.  He also gets a "D" in name-calling.

We rest our case, your honor.

ROX

I am not CO or XO of 71 Squadron, Redtop is CO, I believe SteffK is XO and Batfink functions as a fill in for both. Biggles and I function as a kind of CO/XO for our C wing but its really more for book keeping then anything else. Of the 12 members in C wing only 7 actually even flew last tour at all.

Those 7 pilots flew 424 fighter sorties and scored 463 kills and ranked 77 overall (not that we worry about rank). If I compare that to the 77th whcih flew 3720 sorties for just 1652 kills and had a fighter rank of 343. 77th squad has 27 members with 20 being active.

So....roughly 3 times the numbers flew over 8 times the sorties to land just over 3 times the kills. Strictly as a fighter on fighter squad any flight of 4 from 71 Squad could hammer down any mission you guys upped.

The attack numbers are pretty similiar, so basically in any aspect of game play that involves flying a plane vs another plane even C wing with its limited headcount and obvious lack of leadership (afterall its just me with Biggles in SE asia) is capable of totally dominating your entire squad.

My issue with you has nothing to do with your overall lack of ability. Its your pompous nature and arrogance totally unsupported by either ability, character or true leadership skills. Whats really funny when you look at the raw numbers is that for the most part 71 squadron flies in the thick of the action, almost always out numbered and often in high ENY rides (and in my case normally the A-20 or P-39D) while by and large your squad only engages in large numbers with significant advantage. Anytime you actually meet any meaningful resistance you get slaughtered...hence your complaints of spying etc.

When you actually look at the numbers its really shocking just how pitiful you guys are. A squad with 20 active members flying for over 500 hrs in fighter mode and ranking 343rd?????

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #477 on: July 20, 2008, 09:54:36 PM »
Humble, there is no need to defend yourself or the 71st on here.   His posting the "numbers" backfired on him.   Those who actually play the game know it. 

-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #478 on: July 20, 2008, 10:06:32 PM »
A real classy thing to do would be to let this thread die.  Rox hasn't posted in a while, maybe that's what he's doing.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #479 on: July 20, 2008, 10:14:03 PM »
A real classy thing to do would be to let this thread die.  Rox hasn't posted in a while, maybe that's what he's doing.

Agreed