Author Topic: Cheating - ** Need for VOX Change **"High Tech Please Read"**  (Read 16631 times)

Offline SKULLY7

• Zinc Member
In the past, and most recently the last week or so there have been a few players who use the vox loophole for "SPY" purposes.  Currently a player may switch sides and then remain in contact with players on private channels regardless of country affiliation.  Last Saturday, 7-5-08 three missions were blown due to a side switcher joining mission and then alerting his squaddies who reported to country the mission target and location. Mission met with 20 or sore uppers even though it was noe with no DAR . This player was "Johhnyjr".  I am sure he is not the only one who uses this loophole to his advantage, but the one who was caught.  It was noticed that he switched and it was reported to a mission member what he was doing on his country channel.  I believe that a Jokers Jokers member has the event recorded as he reported on vox 269.
This takes away from the game one of the most important factions, that being the FUN part.  Please High Tech will you address the VOX issue if possible to eliminate the ability of players to use the loophole. It should not be the players  paying the 15 dollars a month to monitor such events but the service provider, in my opinion ,who eliminates the possibility of the cheat.  Once a players switches sides he should only be able to communicate with that side with voice and text. How has this gone overlooked for so long?  I have been playing for I believe 4 years now as Skully6 and Skully7 and to have the enjoyment "I Pay for "allowed to be ruined by some "Noobie or Dweeb" (to use some 200 terminology) this I will not tolerate anymore.   
I am testing the bounds of reality, curious to see what is going to happen, That is all   JDM

Never Forget. 9-11-2001. 
343 Brothers Lost. <S>

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
Re: Cheating - ** Need for VOX Change **"High Tech Please Read"**
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 03:35:21 AM »
OH OH, The c-word! :uhoh
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 03:39:58 AM »
remove vox altogether.   Problem solved.

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 03:56:57 AM »
 :uhoh 

-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 03:58:50 AM »
"spying" is a legit part of war ? yes??(hells kitchen) yes yes??? dang i hate that........ :rock
Live each day like it's your last, and one day, you will be right.---- rush 2112,--->" and the sheep shall inherit the earth"......

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 04:08:24 AM »
In the words of the shawk look alike Alice Cooper....  "Schools out for summer". 

Happens every year without fail.  Some kids get to figure out how the game works to their.... muhahaha advantage.  Unfortunately some kids don't realise their being taken advantage of by those that put them up to it. :noid

P.S.  Monitor channel 6 help orange text........a wealth of information can be gained  :D
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 04:12:29 AM by LYNX »

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 04:21:05 AM »
Its amazing what extent these people go through to GAME the GAME. I have issues with the 1 hour rule of side switchers and I totaly disagree with it. All it does is promote  dweebs from other countries to flood our sides roster, shoot ENY to the roof and create these problems that skully was stating.
Im thankful that my squad most times has good numbers so we can run private missions and not come across these dweebs. trust me, its much more effective.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 04:22:58 AM »
This player was "Johhnyjr".

Not to mention that this kid is extremely annoying on the range channel.  Tonight he was actually singing, and he sounds like he's 14 years old. :uhoh
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 04:23:14 AM »
Skully, I agree with you but I'm afraid just fixing the vox won't help as they can PM the same information. As for switching sides, I say if you switch, you stay there for the rest of the tour.Them johnny boys have always been a little too gamey for my taste. I think if I see a con on either one of them from now on, I'll just fly on by like I never seen a thing. :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 06:03:10 AM »
And if they didn't have vox or PM they'd use a landline, yell from window to window, or find some other way to do it.

Spying happens, sucks when it hits a mission hard, but thats life.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 06:46:22 AM »
....and you were running an NOE for what reason?  To steal a base with out much opposition maybe? The whole game is setup around one thing, making opportunities to get into a fight. HTC will not change the VOX because by having a "spy" bust your NOE, it created a fight!

Next time, go in with a little balls, buffs at 10k, fighter support, and attacking fighters. 15 guys with a plan can wipe out a base just as easy as an NOE, ya just have to work at it a bit.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 07:33:09 AM »
remove vox altogether.   Problem solved.

pretty selfish attitude, one that can only be held by those whose use ventrillo   :huh
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 07:40:25 AM »
....and you were running an NOE for what reason?  To steal a base with out much opposition maybe? The whole game is setup around one thing, making opportunities to get into a fight. HTC will not change the VOX because by having a "spy" bust your NOE, it created a fight!

Next time, go in with a little balls, buffs at 10k, fighter support, and attacking fighters. 15 guys with a plan can wipe out a base just as easy as an NOE, ya just have to work at it a bit.

NOE missions are not the point of his post. Spying is.
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 07:48:01 AM »
Spying is a legit part of warfare. 

If HTC didn't want other aspects of WWII in this game, they would never have added tanks.

P.S.  My only gripe are those people who run multiple computers and accounts to make you a wingman on one account to keep hunting you on the other.  There is a Trainer who has been doing this for a very long time.  HTC should implement something into the game which would let you know when someone makes you a wingman.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 08:14:07 AM by Xargos »
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2008, 07:53:00 AM »

pretty selfish attitude, one that can only be held by those whose use ventrillo   :huh

if people cant play nice it gets taken away.  it can be easily abused.  I've had squaddies get verbal, offensive tirades, on private vox.  Range is probably worse with all the shrieking and sometimes swearing.

lock down channels to specific squads is the only way to tighten it up and the option to disable range.  or remove it altogether.

As it is now anyone could mis-behave and get away with it.  

The Few ***
F.P.H