Author Topic: A well Regulated Militia  (Read 2004 times)

Offline bcadoo

• Nickel Member
Re: A well Regulated Militia
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2008, 02:51:54 AM »
Yeah, still pretty good for a 11 year old.

Lets see her do that with a real mans weapon, like an M1 Garand!

Would probably require a little more upper body strength.  I recall the spring on the Garand to be killer....sometimes shooting across the room.
The fight is the fun........Don't run from the fun!
"Nothin' cuts the taste of clam juice like a big hunk o' chocolate" - Rosie O'Donnell

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2008, 03:39:32 AM »
Sorry there couldn't have been a white flag waving involved for your benefit :)

very funny coming from a guy whose handle mean arse hole and is a synonym of cobarde :D

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2008, 03:39:37 AM »
Belch , completely disgusting.

I totally agree. Anyone who would teach their child that has some serious issues. She should be out being a kid in the tire swing or something. Not learning how to put together an assault rifle! What's wrong with you guys man? I'm all for gun rights but guns don't belong in the hands of children.
Lighten up Francis

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2008, 03:51:05 AM »
I find very strange for an male adult to be fascinated by a not nubile girl.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2008, 04:00:50 AM »
 :huh
Lighten up Francis

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2008, 04:45:38 AM »
I'm all for gun rights but guns don't belong in the hands of children.

With close adult supervision, why not? What is a better time to learn about guns and gun safety than from one's parents?
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2008, 04:57:02 AM »
a .22 or a 410 is one thing but I think a AR-15 is a wee bit over the top. The girl is 11yrs old.
Lighten up Francis

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2008, 05:34:13 AM »
Dad sounded so proud. :rofl

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2008, 07:04:59 AM »
I started teaching my kids when they were 8-9 years old. They've handled, cleaned and fired almost every weapon I own. The only ones they haven't fired are my large bore hunting rifles, 30-06, .308, 7mm. My daughter was 9 the first time she fired my AR-15. My son was 10 when he asked if he could try my 12 gauge.

I've raised my kids around guns, I've NEVER told them they couldn't hold them, or look at them, as long as I am there with them. They know that they are NOT to touch them if I'm not there.

There is NOTHING wrong with teaching a child about guns. In fact it's the most responsible thing you can do if you own guns and have kids. Teach them young, and teach them right and then you wont have to worry about accidents, they wont be curious about them and go sneaking into you guns when your not looking.

AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2008, 07:34:48 AM »
well hornet, i see where you're coming from and i agree with you. but the way that 11 year old handles that weapon just seems.....well scary. she does that like a Marine. i got 2 boys that go huntin' with me. 9yr carrys a pellet gun and the 12ys has a 20ga. but when i start teaching them to break down a m60 in 14 sec. the wife will come unglued!  :lol
Lighten up Francis

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2008, 07:36:15 AM »
I started teaching my kids when they were 8-9 years old. They've handled, cleaned and fired almost every weapon I own. The only ones they haven't fired are my large bore hunting rifles, 30-06, .308, 7mm. My daughter was 9 the first time she fired my AR-15. My son was 10 when he asked if he could try my 12 gauge.

I've raised my kids around guns, I've NEVER told them they couldn't hold them, or look at them, as long as I am there with them. They know that they are NOT to touch them if I'm not there.

There is NOTHING wrong with teaching a child about guns. In fact it's the most responsible thing you can do if you own guns and have kids. Teach them young, and teach them right and then you wont have to worry about accidents, they wont be curious about them and go sneaking into you guns when your not looking.

Exactly the right thing to do. for exactly the right reasons IMO.
And I dont even own a gun.

By making it a forbidden fruit.
You only ask for trouble
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2008, 07:41:49 AM »
Belch , completely disgusting.

because?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Stixx

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2008, 08:11:51 AM »

And it's a solid bet none of your kids will end up on the nightly news for accidentaly killing a friend when they found Dad's guns.
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in military aviation are:'Did you feel that?' 'What's that noise?' and'Oh S...!'
-Authors Unknown-

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2008, 09:01:08 AM »
well hornet, i see where you're coming from and i agree with you. but the way that 11 year old handles that weapon just seems.....well scary. she does that like a Marine. i got 2 boys that go huntin' with me. 9yr carrys a pellet gun and the 12ys has a 20ga. but when i start teaching them to break down a m60 in 14 sec. the wife will come unglued!  :lol

Well her dad probably is a Marine or something. My son can break down my AR-15 like that. He asked me how I learned to do it so fast and I told him I learned in the Army. He asked me to teach him, so I did and he's pretty darn quick now. I haven't gotten him to try it blind folded yet, but one of these days I'll hit him with it. I had to do it blind, so will he. 1 minute to disassemble and 2 minutes to put it back together. It's been so long since I did it I would probably have a hard time with it so I need to practice :D
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2008, 09:13:13 AM »
Yeah, still pretty good for a 11 year old.

Lets see her do that with a real mans weapon, like an M1 Garand!

Hell, I can barely hold up for the garand.  But field stripping it is fun.

Still, my favorite to do is the 1911.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"