Author Topic: Frame 1 DZB Pics... Post em Up!  (Read 1115 times)

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Re: Frame 1 DZB Pics... Post em Up!
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2008, 02:24:18 PM »
and 24 of us flew in circle after circle looking for more!   :lol   Some of the 24 never even saw one of the 262s.  I saw the one that Lambo shot down but it was a fleeting glimpse.

That was me..There was only 9 of us there and to be honest I only got a few glimpses of the other 262's on my squad. The jets are just too fast to stay in contact with each other and was far too many red guys. I stayed down about 10k the whole time just hoping someone would shoot me down, because I sure as hell wasn't gonna fly 10+ sectors back home.

This is pretty much what it looked like the entire flight once we found the red guys..

btw at the time of that SS, there was 21 Allies on range and two 262's. so it's no surprise you never saw a enemy con.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 02:44:44 PM by crockett »
"strafing"

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2008, 03:22:14 PM »
21 Ta152s.

Jumped!

I got one hit, the entire frame..

Luckily, it was one 30mm hit :devil

And, the moment that would condemn me to 50 minutes of actionless flying.

Offline Jappa52

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2008, 07:16:16 PM »
Here are a few from the 367th  (either photobucket or I am doing something to kill the quality.  :furious :furious sorry for the blurry images)

It started way up here... wish the film viewer could have kept up with all the trails so you could see how intense this was!

It ended on the deck.

Rider was trying to cut my flight short.

I got lucky and took off a chunk of GRHAVOC's wing.

Unknown K-4 pilot...

ATTAQUEZET CONQUEREZ
8TH FIGHTER GROUP

Jappa52- 36th FIGHTER SQ Flying Fiends

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2008, 09:51:56 AM »
Fun all around as my old squad, the 353rd FG, wore us out :aok

My doom started as I took QSRU's wing half off.

...then I took up to chasing Vapor7 who had just overshot me...

NavyCVX tried to get me off Vapor, but target fixation had a firm grip of me, and he overshoots too

Hamm and GSR try to get me off my quary, but I remain elusive and resolute to down this vexing P-51

Hamm overshoots and Pots takes his place...  :uhoh

PotsNPans lands a fatal blow to my engine... but I press on. :pray

Pots overshoots and Nestle takes his place?!?! Curse you 353rd where are you getting all these planes?  :O

The Daisy Chaim of Doom for the 49th :eek:

Nestle finishes me off by breaking my wing...  :cry

All in all a great FSO fight with a great squad.
 :salute
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 11:42:26 AM by Odee »
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2008, 10:52:21 AM »
lol Those were good Odee. :)

Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2008, 12:38:40 PM »
Great pics all.  :aok
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline AKKaz

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2008, 07:23:53 PM »
It's hard to take a good picture as you are doing 500 mph into the water :lol

Sorry -- the mongrels had a bad night.  35 to 40k is not an area we have a lot of experience being at.  Those of us who did make it back down to 15k and below (where the 190D9s were) had an alright night, but those lawn darts of squad mates didn't help our K/D or K/S rate.  Oh well, there is next week to redeem ourselves.

WTG AK's.  Glad someone in Bravo sector could clean-up.

Thnx, got lucky on this one as a couple of misfortunes turned the fight into a bonus.  (the misfortunes) - I got discoed right at launch which put me behind the group.  A second squaddie was on call for his job and received a phone call in flight.  With him being AFK, he missed the scheduled course chg.  2 others decided to hang back so the 4 of us could group up for mutual cover than attempt to catch up to the rest of the group.  As we did so, about 12 to 16 T152's showed about 5k higher over us.  (the bonus to the misfortunes) - As they dove in on us, we thought it would be a quick death with their alt advantage and 4 to 1 numbers.  Not all came in, about half with the others coming down abit but staying higher.  The ones that came in decided to turn fight our spit14's, which increased oour chances drastically.  By that time, the rest of the squad rotated back to us and ended up higher thatn the attacking cons.

Just goes to show, that things that go wrong in the beginning can be the best thing in the end  :aok
AKKaz
Arabian Knights