Author Topic: TAGMA map bug?  (Read 1550 times)

Offline KG45

• Nickel Member
TAGMA map bug?
« on: July 12, 2008, 02:51:03 PM »
not sure if this is place to put this.

and it may have been posted elsewhere but,

at V203 there are 3 arrows to nearby bases but only two buttons on the clipboard.
all you fascists, you're bound to lose...

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: TAGMA map bug?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 03:56:25 PM »
I can't tell which map you say this bug is on, can we get some fication from clara?
I know I have no map titled TAGMA.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 03:58:10 PM »
go to blue arena
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 04:11:14 PM »
I can't tell which map you say this bug is on, can we get some fication from clara?
I know I have no map titled TAGMA.
I do now, though.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 12:32:54 AM »
TAGMA also had RV8 enabled, and sdk and p-39s disabled (new planes added, old plane list saved?)

Offline spacer

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 03:34:59 AM »
Another Bug with TAGMA map!   Taking off with formation of B17 to the NE lost drone #3.   Didnt think much of it.  Next time I looked and Drone three turned around on Runway and took off to SW.  Took off fine when whole formation took off to SW.

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 12:23:02 PM »
KG45,

Here in the AH2 Bug Reports forum is the right place to report these things.  Spawn point buttons are based on the direction you will be facing when you span.  Two of the three spawn points are facing in the same (SE) direction.  Thanks KG45.

(Note:  Vehicle entry point F203VHE001 should point east -- not SE.  The Check Entry function in Terrain Editor, Version 2.10 Patch 2, only detects if there are more than one entry point pointing in the EXACT same direction.  At least this is the way it appears to be working for SE spawns.  The Check Entry function should check for more than one spawn point pointing between 112.5 and 135.5 degrees for SE spawns.)
--

Krusty,

All fields are supposed to be set to Standard.  The most current version of the Terrain Editor (AH2EDIT2101.EXE, 5/10/2007) does not include the latest weapon systems like the sdk and P-39.  It was hoped that the field settings would get updated as the terrain got prepared for the MA.  If there is a way to add the new equipment to the Terrain Editor, let me know.
--

spacer,

It would be helpful to know which field you had this happen.  This problem used to be caused by not having the tile’s subtypes under the field set to 0 (zero).

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 01:02:31 PM »
Krusty,

All fields are supposed to be set to Standard.  The most current version of the Terrain Editor (AH2EDIT2101.EXE, 5/10/2007) does not include the latest weapon systems like the sdk and P-39.  It was hoped that the field settings would get updated as the terrain got prepared for the MA.  If there is a way to add the new equipment to the Terrain Editor, let me know.

I don't know about the TE, but Skuzzy or Pyro can fix this without reworking the map. I think they just need to set it then save a table for it, then every time the map loads they load that table. This being the first time, there was no table to load, but it's definitely something you can fix in the arena settings.

Offline spacer

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 05:30:08 PM »
OOOPs!   Sorry, I had the info for the take-off problem on my little note!  Just forgot to put it in here!   :cry

The base was A157.   I did not try any other bombers to see if it happens to them too!  ( All for one, One for all?)   Will try if Knights still own the base!

Offline spacer

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 04:54:31 AM »
Well I tried it with some B-24s on A157 it did the same thing.  #3 drone took off SW when trying to launch NE.  It does the same thing at A190  #3 drone launches SW no matter what.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 10:01:50 AM »
The planes and vehicles missing are all fixed now.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 11:27:26 AM »
spacer,

Thanks for the info.  I checked the terrain in the Terrain Editor and the subtypes are set to all zeros for both A157 and A190.  Back when the tile subtypes under the field was causing this problem; it would do the same offline.  I tried both of these fields offline in 17s and 24s with Auto Takeoff on and off and did not have a problem.  Do you lose the #3 drone offline too?
--

Skuzzy,

Thanks for fixing the missing planes and vehicles.  On the spawn point problem, are you expecting me to submit an update?  Not sure how we keep from stepping on each other’s changes.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 02:01:40 PM »
If you have something fixed, go ahead and send it to me.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline spacer

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2008, 05:10:36 AM »
MachNix  I just tried it off line at numerous bases.  Funny the only base it did it on was A157.  A190 launched ok off line.  Too many bases to try them all, but I did try a few of each type in the NW area of map off-line.

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2008, 03:34:25 PM »
spacer,
No need to do them all.  Just try the ones that did it to you online.

I will look at A157 and see what is unique about that field and make some changes.  Unfortunately, since A157 works okay for me offline, I won’t know if the changes I made fixed the problem until the terrain goes back up.

Thanks for taking the time to report the problem and checking offline. <S>