Author Topic: how to?  (Read 303 times)

Offline Odisseo

• Copper Member
how to?
« on: July 20, 2008, 03:56:49 PM »

first thanks to anybody who will help me, second, sorry for my bad english ;)

I'm trying to get practice with AH fil viewer and read all the help, but I still don't understand how do you edit and save the view you wish to modify.

For example if I wish to save a fight, I select the portion of film I wish to edit..then I would follow the action from different point of view and mooving them...how do you "record" your view changes?

Thanks in advance!

Have fun!
Save Swiss Milk, drink Beer!

Offline goody

• Zinc Member
Re: how to?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 07:35:34 PM »
http://www.fraps.com/

You can use Fraps to record your film, or a program like it.  :)

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 08:55:02 PM »
 Here's a quick lesson in movie making:

1- Download Fraps, you will need it.

2-Start Fraps (1st!). Under the Movies section in Fraps, change your hotkey to something other than the default F6.  I use R.  F6 is the key for snap view in the film viewer and will mess up your shot when you go to record.

3-Start your film viewer. 1280 x 1084 resolution is what the film viewer was designed for.  If you use a smaller res., you will lose view of some function keys for the viewer. 

4-Review a recorded AH film.  Find the shot you want, angles, distance, etc.

5-Important!  Re-open your film.  If you just rewind, the smoketrails and ack explosions will still be there from the first viewing.

6-About 15 seconds from the point where you want to start recording the clip you want, set the angle you want, then go to fullscreen (gives you much better film quality). Fullscreen takes about 5-10 seconds for all the details to load up, so do this 5-10 seconds before the point you want to start recording w/ Fraps.

7-Record your clip.  Hit the hotkey again to stop filming.  Fraps will save the clip as an .avi, the film format you will need for Movie Maker.  I think the default destination is the fraps folder, but I made a folder in My Documents called My Videos and I save it there.

8-Exit Film Viewer and open Movie Maker.  Import your .avi's into Movie maker.

9-In Movie Maker, you can arrange your clips, add titles, transitions, music & effects.When you have it all done to your liking, go to File>Save as Movie file.  You will then get options for the finished product.

I used Windows Movie Maker as the example because everyone has it with XP.  I use Sony Vegas, but it's basically the same operation for all the editing programs.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 08:56:35 PM by USRanger »
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Odisseo

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 02:55:02 AM »
Thank you!

As soon possible i will try it!
Never thought there was software like frap :)

Have a nice day

Offline Odisseo

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 07:34:02 AM »

Hello,
it's all ok, but I still have troubles in AHfilm.

In your point 4
4-Review a recorded AH film.  Find the shot you want, angles, distance, etc.

do you have to moove your point of view, zoom ect. in real time while fraps record? isn't there a way to record in AHfilms the point of view, camera moves ect?