Author Topic: Unbelievable....  (Read 3807 times)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Re: Unbelievable....
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2008, 08:13:49 PM »
The gun would have come out if it meant saving my daughter, sign or not..
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2008, 08:24:21 PM »
The gun would have come out if it meant saving my daughter, sign or not..

I right there with ya!  :aok

Another sad reality is that IF this dad managed to get a couple of good hits in on one of these thugs while he was being attacked, you know there would be some lawyer beating down the door to represent the thug and sue the father.

One of the talk show host here was reading an email someone sent in regarding the host's suggestion that criminals do hard labor in prison or work while they are in. 
The listeners response was something along the line of this......
"it's not fair to have them work while in prison, you are punishing them by sending them there in the first place...if they want to sleep and watch tv they should be able to....if you want them to work then don't send them to prison and let the get jobs!"

WOW!  It amazes me that people actually think this way.

It also amazes me that people think that signs posted saying that handguns are not permitted makes the place safer.  Personally, I would feel much safer walking into a place that had a sign posted stating that hanguns were welcome...encouraged, even.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2008, 08:50:54 PM »
Waiting for the MT comment.
See Rule #4

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2008, 09:03:19 PM »
I right there with ya!  :aok

It also amazes me that people think that signs posted saying that handguns are not permitted makes the place safer.  Personally, I would feel much safer walking into a place that had a sign posted stating that hanguns were welcome...encouraged, even.

There is only one explanation for it.

The amusement park owners KNOW that common criminals are not going to be concerned. (And of course, even a truly weaponless enviroment favors the thug, since they will be young, strong men used to fighting, and will be choosing their victims.) They have to know that this is basically disarming potential victims.

They HAVE to know that any nutcase planning on shooting the place up isn't going to be stopped either.

So the only explanation is that they are MORE afraid of CCL holders/armed citizen than either thugs or murderous nutcases. Scary, isn't it?

Or more likely lawsuit. The scenarios run like this:

A. Rampant nutcase smuggles gun in, kills 15 people. Since he violated policy by bringing the gun in, no lawsuit that will fly!

B. Rampant nutcase shoots 2 people, then takes two dead center of mass from an armed citizen's weapon. Families of the two dead patrons AND dead nutcase sue the park because they allowed guns in.

So the difference is 12 fewer stiffs  with scenario B than A. But in scenario A, the corporation is not sued, so they prefer it.

And that, gentlemen, is why their should be some CEOs swinging by the neck from the cotton-wood branches in America.

Offline Rollins

• Silver Member
      • 4thFG
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2008, 09:06:46 PM »
Thugs like this should swing first, then get a good batch of lawyers up there, then we can move on to the CEOs. :aok
http://www.flamewarriors.net    Here kitty kitty...

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2008, 10:12:32 PM »
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2008, 10:15:44 PM »
If this went down the way the story tells it, then put 'em down.  End the needless suffering they'll cause to others in the future, and save some tax dollars now.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Slamfire

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2008, 10:40:19 PM »
That's nothing - I'm actually quite surprised it's even considered newsworthy, considering that this case (see below) was all but blacked out by the media until a massive outcry on the Internet:

The Horrific Torture/Rape/Mutilation/Murder of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom...

...by these fine young gentlemen:

You can read all about it here:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/newsom.asp
and/or watch it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqLe_pDpq4s&feature=related
or here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwoKQq3oHko&feature=related

« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 10:47:35 PM by Slamfire »
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Air Chief Marshal, Elite Top Aces
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Jappa52

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2008, 10:47:11 PM »
That's nothing - I'm actually quite surprised it's even considered newsworthy, considering that this case (see below) was all but blacked out by the media until a massive outcry on the Internet:

The Horrific Torture/Rape/Mutilation/Murder of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom...

I was just about to post the same thing. Both are horrible but this turned my stomach....

Shot Christopher and took Channon to a house and held/raped her for days before finally shooting her.

*Slamfire-didnt mean to double post the pictures but yours weren't showing at first...
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 10:51:00 PM by Jappa52 »
ATTAQUEZET CONQUEREZ
8TH FIGHTER GROUP

Jappa52- 36th FIGHTER SQ Flying Fiends

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2008, 11:27:35 PM »
I'm sure that was a big news on the stormfront forums.

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2008, 11:34:02 PM »
I'm sure that was a big news on the stormfront forums.

The important question Sir is why that is the ONLY place it is big news. No media frenzy over either of these crimes that I recall, and I read the newspaper nearly every day.

Unlike the odd White-on-Black crime that happens. Even made-up White-on-Black crime like the Duke case.

Is Black-on-White crime so common as to not be newsworthy, :D or is the REAL explanation even worse?

« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 11:43:18 PM by BnZ »

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2008, 11:57:44 PM »
At some point I would say those vermin need to be shot.  Maybe not killed, but at a minimum paralyzed.  You don't see many paraplegics committing violent crimes.  Then set them up with little pencil for sale sets so they can make enough money to replace their piss bags.

hang them all by their  nuts, and shoot em in the kneecaps with a .22. see how long they last.

ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2008, 12:26:43 AM »
payback for slavery maybe?

Perhaps slavery restitution would calm these angry young men down some and turn them into decent folk....at least until the newly purchased supply of crack ran out.  I know its racist....I know  :cry
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Newman5

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2008, 12:32:58 AM »

Perhaps slavery restitution would calm these angry young men down some and turn them into decent folk....at least until the newly purchased supply of crack ran out.  I know its racist....I know  :cry

Isn't Affirmative Action part of that idea?
"Hello, Newman."

Offline mentalguy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2008, 12:33:58 AM »

It may be racist, but for most it's true.
PFC. Corey "Mentalguy" Gibson
USMC