Author Topic: Boston formation never gets lost?  (Read 324 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Boston formation never gets lost?
« on: August 07, 2008, 01:49:32 AM »
I encountered a Boston formation that when engaged would begin rolling and snap rolling his lead plane and the drones would warp to and fro but the drones were never lost as in other formations. If another plane drifted too close the drones would collide but take no damage. Is this a bug or feature? It seems very gamey. I could handle killing one aerobatic drone but its risky with warping drones about and I believe it should be fixed as at least one player is using it to full advantage.

I uploaded a segment of film to youtube as an example but its still 'processing.'
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Boston formation never gets lost?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 11:04:46 AM »
Here is a (link to youtube) short portion of aerobatics that went on for several minutes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7KG1AZXaU

This same individual was turning his engine on and off at the point I initially attacked him. It took a lot longer to kill him and to save ammo I waited until he was lining up on our cv to finish the job but I watched as two guys collided trying to take him out. Funny stuff to the guy in the Bostons Im sure.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 12:05:40 PM by Chalenge »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline sethipus

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 09:10:15 PM »
I think this is part of the same general problem of jumpy drone movement.  Nothing is more aggravating when shooting down bombers as one who has moved radically enough to get some separation from his drones, and then when you're trying to shoot down the drones they keep warping away from you trying to return to their master.

I have the opposite problem, really, to this particular post - twice lately I've had AR234 drones explode even though they were quite close to me when I had the flaps and landing gear down and took a sharp turn.  This was extremely bogus.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 10:47:08 PM »
No this guy was all over the sky. Magic drones? I dont know. Maybe this is the way the A20 is designed?

A longer film might help clear it up a little: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDhrxL0MPmQ
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 11:31:12 PM by Chalenge »