Author Topic: Unofficial Trainers - Read This Please  (Read 14136 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Re: Unofficial Trainers - Read This Please
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2008, 03:51:06 PM »
come on DB... I'll let you use the purple crayon :D
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2008, 04:22:57 PM »
Call-sign:  Banshee7
BBS Handle:  DickBong
General Location/Times Available:  CST  usally midday or later in the evening, mostly late night
E-mail:  ahbanshee7         at        yahoo  .   com
Preferred Contact Method:  BBS Private message
Online Flight Sim Experience:  AH since March 2007
Preferred Aircraft:  P-38 lightning (can fly most all planes to some extent)
General Style:  TnB with a mix of E fighting
Can Teach Topics:  1v1 fighting, Jaboing, P-38 tips
Teaching Method:  Training Arena with final test being DA
Can Teach Skill Level(s):  Beginner to Intermediate.  I dont like dealing with complete clueless n00bs and, some say im modest, my skill level isn't good enough for "advanced" sticks

come on DB... I'll let you use the purple crayon :D
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2008, 05:11:33 PM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2008, 05:12:11 PM »
To anyone who has doubts about this:  I think humble's idea about "check rides" for these unofficial trainers would sort out most potential problems with this.  I for one know that so far, I'm pretty much hopeless with any ACM more complex than a barrel roll (I just don't really understand how other things fit together, and my air-to-air gunnery isn't exactly impressive (to put it very mildly).  However, I am fairly good at the B-25H's pumpkin-lobber, and am still working on it.  In addition to this, I rarely ever foul up any landing in any aircraft, and I usually take-off successfully from a turning CV.  Whilst I'm sure many other players can do all of the above and more, I'm more than willing to be very patient with anyone in the TA, or MA who needs help.

I really hope this idea gets the go-ahead.  Also, since many of the trainers that I know of live in the USA, for people like me (in London), it can require a late night (although I'm almost always up late anyway) to get in contact with a trainer.  If this programme were approved, it would allow players to access unofficial trainers at many more times.

<S>

Yossarian
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2008, 05:16:17 PM »

The resources available; the trainers site, the AH help files, Soda's and DocGonzo's sites, this forum, the Aircraft and Vehicle forum and others provide a wealth of information should someone be inclined to want to learn more about an aspect of the game.  More importantly, these resources are reviewed by the community and inaccuracies, ambiguities and outright bad information is quicky caught and rectified.  How can you be certain the same applies to "unofficial player/trainers"?

While these are great places and I am a frequent flyer at all of them . They only give an explanation . Performance oriented training also requires a demonstration then practical application .

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2008, 06:33:50 PM »
Callsign: BJ229r

step 1:RTFM!

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2008, 06:44:33 PM »
This thread is very well intended.  <SALUTE>

Maybe some trainers wil be born of this thread. The down side is that there may be those who make claims of being able to teach at an advanced level when they have no right to make that claim. I believe this was already mentioned.

The fact is, most experienced sticks are already unofficial trainers to one degree or another. Vudak is looking for a way to catalogue them and make their names known to the masses.  With this sort of informal training going on  already, is this really such a bad idea?

most excellent reply, Steve....... I had a talk with Vudak expressing to him, with him being my long time good friend, my reservations/thoughts and I believe we both agreed with my thoughts.......which revolved around part of your quote:
The down side is that there may be those who make claims of being able to teach at an advanced level when they have no right to make that claim.

and I too agree with your quote of:
This thread is very well intended.  <SALUTE>

Last thing, Vudak, I need to correct you on one thing, Sir!  you said:
This is your forum, trainers, you make the call.

No Sir, this is not The Trainers Forum, we do try to keep it all in good content, but this is The Aces High Community Help & Training Forum.it belongs to the Community, it is just where the trainers do most of their posting  ;)     :salute
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 06:47:51 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2008, 08:06:25 PM »
 :lol

Call Sign: PERVERT
BBS Handle: PERVERT
General Location/Times Available: 10am sharp by the pool
Preferred Contact Method: carrier pigeon

Online swimming Experience: 7 years
Preferred trunks: speedos
General Style: backstroke and doggy
Can Teach Topics: padding speedos, peeing in pool undetected

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2008, 09:05:50 PM »
:lol

Call Sign: PERVERT
BBS Handle: PERVERT
General Location/Times Available: 10am sharp by the pool
Preferred Contact Method: carrier pigeon

Online swimming Experience: 7 years
Preferred trunks: speedos
General Style: backstroke and doggy
Can Teach Topics: padding speedos, peeing in pool undetected

sign me up can we meet at the Y.M.C.A ?   :rofl :rofl
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2008, 01:00:26 AM »

Call Sign: Delirium
BBS Handle: Delirium
General Location/Times Available: EST- but I work nights, I can move my time online around as needed
Email: only given to repeat students
Preferred Contact Method: PM via the forums
Online Flight Sim Experience: I was in AirWarrior in 1993 and served as a trainer there, I've been in AH since 2000/2001
Preferred Aircraft: P38J
General Style: Both Boom and Zoom, and Turn and Burn, the P38 has to choose, depending on the target
Can Teach Topics: P38 centric fighting only, no GVs, no Jabo
Teaching Method: An exchange of films to review, TA, and 1v1s
Can Teach Skill Level(s): Intermediate to Advanced

note- I will only teach students serious about learning the P38 over a minimum of 3 sessions. You must have a joystick, fly with stall limiter off, and be at least as mature as I am. A throttle, pedals, and a microphone are a plus but not necessary.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 01:09:34 AM by Delirium »
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2008, 05:11:08 AM »
As TC indicated, HTC and the Trainers have been communicating for awhile about the direction of future plans for training.  I think we're ok in that regard.

Something that could really help in the way of disseminating information about BFM, game mechanics, and aircraft, is getting more knowledgable contributors involved in AHWiki.  I basically stopped flying for awhile to make time for contributing in the pre-launch setup.  We just don't have the extra time as a group to take advantage of its capibilities.  Actually, there is even potential to provide the kind of player information that was asked for via the ahwiki user pages. 

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2008, 08:31:03 AM »
As TC indicated, HTC and the Trainers have been communicating for awhile about the direction of future plans for training.  I think we're ok in that regard.

Something that could really help in the way of disseminating information about BFM, game mechanics, and aircraft, is getting more knowledgable contributors involved in AHWiki.  I basically stopped flying for awhile to make time for contributing in the pre-launch setup.  We just don't have the extra time as a group to take advantage of its capibilities.  Actually, there is even potential to provide the kind of player information that was asked for via the ahwiki user pages. 

I tried contributing to the Wiki when it was first released.  I couldn't figure out how to create a page or link it to the right topic and gave up never to try again.  I'm not computer illiterate either.

I'm guessing some instructions might be useful if others had the same experience I did.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2008, 08:45:24 AM »
I tried contributing to the Wiki when it was first released.  I couldn't figure out how to create a page or link it to the right topic and gave up never to try again.  I'm not computer illiterate either.

I'm guessing some instructions might be useful if others had the same experience I did.

I sense a new AH2-Wiki Training Wing (to be attached to the Training Corps) will soon be created.  :lol
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2008, 11:11:05 AM »

Some help articles exist. See:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/Help:Contents

and Wikipedia has some more:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Contents

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2008, 02:21:32 PM »
Call Sign:UberSlet
BBS Handle:UberSlet
General Location/Times Available:Monday-Friday 12 noon-8PM EST
Email: Kebrown@tek2000.net