Author Topic: New Forum  (Read 508 times)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
New Forum
« on: July 23, 2008, 05:46:21 PM »
Not sure how this will go down or even if it has been proposed before.....how about a grievances forum. Obviously standard forum rules apply. Looking through the pages of posts there is alot of stuff that just gets sidelined due to "this su#$s that su#$s wa de wa blah blah. There is a good amount of informative and entertaining posts which are affected by this and some shockers also. Having this separate you can then choose (I know you have the choice now too) to look at and post who rammed who with what and for how long if you like but it's not putting good quality posts out the back. Just a thought.
And Whilst here and understanding the need to move posts to other areas due to misplaced posting, what would the work involved be in making an area and placing a moved tab to look at moved posts so as not to clutter the (especially) opening page of each particular forum, for the same reasoning as the original reason for this posting.

Thoughts, queries, comments or theories.

Offline Rollins

• Silver Member
      • 4thFG
Re: New Forum
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 06:03:40 PM »
  While I think it would be refreshing to clear some of the incessant whines out of the forums, I think it would be a bad idea overall.
  I think if you created a forum specifically for grievances, it would seem to encourage it.  I think the admins and mods are busy as is with the topics they have to police.  Even when I post what I feel is fairly innocuous stuff I occasionally get 'ruled'.  I'm not griefing that, mind you, just using myself as an example.  No sweat, I don't make the rules and conversely don't go out of my way to break them, I just roll with it and post up what's on my mind.

Now that's me just posting up in a comedic light and very rarely with any malice to the posters.  Imagine an entire forum of angry numbers guys, grade school dropouts, mouth-breathers and noobs in a contest of sweetheartbaggery with the intellectual vulchers shooting fish in a barrel. 

« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 07:52:25 PM by Rollins »
http://www.flamewarriors.net    Here kitty kitty...

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 07:26:49 PM »
Not sure how this will go down or even if it has been proposed before.....how about a grievances forum. Obviously standard forum rules apply. Looking through the pages of posts there is alot of stuff that just gets sidelined due to "this su#$s that su#$s wa de wa blah blah. There is a good amount of informative and entertaining posts which are affected by this and some shockers also. Having this separate you can then choose (I know you have the choice now too) to look at and post who rammed who with what and for how long if you like but it's not putting good quality posts out the back. Just a thought.
And Whilst here and understanding the need to move posts to other areas due to misplaced posting, what would the work involved be in making an area and placing a moved tab to look at moved posts so as not to clutter the (especially) opening page of each particular forum, for the same reasoning as the original reason for this posting.

Thoughts, queries, comments or theories.

I thought thats what this was :uhoh
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 07:43:23 PM »
Just gather together all of the LOCKED threads and it would be the same thing.  It could be titled the FU section, but it still won't work.  Every thread would be locked within a few posts.  That's just no fun.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 09:03:23 AM »
In addition to what everyone else said, people can't seem to stay on topic for the forums we have--as evidenced by Skuzzy having to move threads all the time.  So having yet another forum would do no good, as it seems everyone posts whatever they want wherever they want because they are either A) too dim to read the forum descriptions and figure out in which category their post should belong, or B) too dim to know there is more than just the Aces High General Discussion forum.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 10:11:35 AM »
I thought thats what this was :uhoh

ditto
Lighten up Francis

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 10:33:49 AM »
Oh lordy.  A whole forum dedicated to the art of whining :cry?  No thank you, there is not enough Zantac in the world.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!