Author Topic: Passing of a Member of the 31st  (Read 2484 times)

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Passing of a Member of the 31st
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2008, 07:32:45 PM »
 :salute

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2008, 07:37:58 PM »
We may have been adversaries in the MA, but in real life we are all men and women here to honor the people that went thru this horror in real life.

I believe that everyone here from the squeeker noob , to the pro, in one way or another honors the men that dropped their flaps for real, and dealt with the horror of not comming home every day 24/7. Honors the men that spent weeks and months in trenches on starvation rations, cold and wet for a belief, for something that they heald dear that was not tangeable.

Gentlemen  and women reading this post, this could be anyone of us, and I for one am proud to be a part of this "game". This is why we do this, not to see how many people we shoot down, not to see how many of our eggs land on target, or how many people we kill in GVs. Maybe in the short picture it is nice to see our " Name in lights"  but i believe Its about the friends, those that we know personally ,and those that are just a press of the T key away ,that makes this thing work.  Those that we know are on the other side waiting to be shot down, or to shoot down  us with or without malace.
This reminds me of a post by Tull a little while ago, he was looking for someone to help him find out some information about his relative that was killed in the war, Guppy stepped up and helped him. Why, because he could. Maybe he knew Tull maybe he did not, But the one thing i noticed is that he never asked what side he flew for.
These are the people that i fly with every day. Personally i dont know what side Tull or Guppy are on, but in a sence i do. They are on the same side we are all on. Just good people helping good people.  We pay $15.00 a month for this, and to tell you the truth, in my eyes its worth every penny. Were here with people such as this that share our intrest, that share our compassion for the ones that came before us. Did we all know Prop, probably not, but i know that we will all mourn him. He was one of us. The few people in this world that remember what was done during the horrid time in our history. One person that was not caught up in the day to day problems that is reality, Just a person that mattered.

I guess all that i am trying to say is know matter how much the person on the other end "makes you mad" just think about this post, why that other person is here. Yes its for fun but look at the bigger picture. He or she is here because they have intrest in this real life struggle. That person, weather or not he is 13 or 80, is here because he chooses to be, because that intrest is here.
On a side note we "older players" get annoyed at the squeekers coming in and joining our ranks. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but these younger players have an intrest in this game, have an intrest in this era, and i for one thank god they do because i for one do not want to live in a world where the sacrifice of the men and women that came before us, the real HEROS, no matter what side they fought for are forgotten. They are truly the next generation, the ones keeping the flame lit for us and  Believe it or not, we are here because we can be, because people went thru this in real life, and didnt get to re up.

Prop,
Sir, i did not know you, but i wish i had. And i can promise you that my son will grab a plane and honor those that came before us, just like i promised Tull he would honor his relative and just like you did, just like all of us do everyday. Those that think of this "game" as fun are mistaken. If they know it or not, they honor those that came before us, just like you did, giving us the right to play this game.

I know that you are like all the other people that i fly with here, Bish, Knit or Rook, good people, ones that will never let people forget about the sacrifice that these brave men and women made in real life. God bless you sir, and thank you. Also, god bless your family. You are in my familys thoughts and prayers. How proud to have known a man such as this , wether he picked up a rifle or not, he was responsible for allowing a memory to live long past he did. He was here, came in and made a difference, known by us, known by his squadies, known and honored by all that posted their thoughts and prayers,

Props, May your have a strong tail wind on your journey, may your seat be comfortable, and your landing gentle.

<S> Props

<S> to all from The Blind Bats

Mbailey
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 09:37:13 PM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2008, 08:43:48 PM »
 :salute  I'm sorry to hear this; my wishes go out to him and his family.

2sBlind

Offline Bode

• Zinc Member
« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2008, 09:12:42 PM »
Everyone knows I talk alot of crap, But honestly If there ever came a time that anyone of you needed help with anything in RL I would not hesitate to do what I could. My Hopes and Prayers go out to the family of ProP and to the 31st. I lost a squad member during the time I have played the game. It is heartbreaking. SLOT we miss you. So  :salute to all that plays the game try not to take my banter to seriously I don't.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2008, 10:13:04 PM »
<S> Prop31st

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2008, 10:41:22 PM »
Thoughts and Prayers to family and friends.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Sgtlead

• Zinc Member
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2008, 11:58:06 PM »
 :salute

In God we trust, all others we run through NCIC

When you see that Mosquito easing up on your 6 relax.  Its just me.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2008, 01:03:18 AM »
<S> Prop31st, condolences to family and friends.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2008, 11:57:02 PM »
<S> Prop :(
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/
« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2008, 03:38:15 AM »
 :salute  Prop  :salute
 real real real good spelling mbailey......

Offline SpazMan

• Nickel Member
« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2008, 09:01:03 AM »
 :salute To Prop

Sorry for your loss Prop's family and to the 31st...... :salute

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2008, 10:17:37 AM »

<S> Prop31...you've always been a fun opponent. RIP, Sir.

My condolences to your Family, Sir.

Patches
"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2008, 10:48:58 AM »
I always had fun flying with the 31st. My condolences, thoughts and prayers to his friends, squaddies, and family. He will truely be missed... I wish I knew how he went, he was young I believe...

<Salute> Prop31st - Rest in Peace

BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline jtking

• Zinc Member
« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2008, 11:50:03 AM »
my condolencse to Props family.

DogFart
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 12:12:50 PM by jtking »
you know that i care what happens to you. and i know that you care for me too. so i dont feel alone or the weight of the stone. now that i found somewhere safe to bury my bone. any fool knows  a dog needs a home.a shelter from pigs on the wing

Offline John Curnutte

• Nickel Member
      • Precisionsquad.org
« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2008, 02:24:11 PM »
< S > Prop Godspeed
Don't be afraid to put it out there , if it gets cut off it'll grow back
On your mark , Get set , go away !