Author Topic: MEMORIAL SERVICE FOR PROP 31ST UNITES FRIEND AND FOE  (Read 549 times)

Offline TC31st

• Zinc Member
MEMORIAL SERVICE FOR PROP 31ST UNITES FRIEND AND FOE
« on: July 26, 2008, 02:24:51 PM »
As previously posted a memorial was held for Prop 31st Friday evening.  The participation in this service was surprising and speaks volumes for the AH community.  Many indivdual Bish joined in as well as The UNFORGIVEN, BOPS and JOKERS who filed in without hesitation.  Even more heartwarming and appreciated were the many ROOKS and KNIGHTS that switched sides to participate. 

While we mock, curse and hate each other in confrontation, there was no red or green last night for this ceremony.  The AH pilots that joined all showed their true colors by uniting together to honor a fallen brother.  The enormous troop drop on behalf of our lost squadmate as the missing man fomation flrew through was an awsome spectacle to behold. 

I would like to personally and on behalf of the 31st Fighter Group extend my thanks along with respect and admiration to all that flew in this service. 

Gentlemen and ladies, this is truly what we are all about.... I SALUTE YOU ALL!

TC31st
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 02:26:23 PM by TC31st »

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: MEMORIAL SERVICE FOR PROP 31ST UNITES FRIEND AND FOE
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 02:27:50 PM »
srry, havent been on much later... got alot 2 do, who did we lose in combat?

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 08:55:25 PM »
Posted this earlier before i saw this post, To the family and friends of Prop i wanted to post this here

We may have been adversaries in the MA, but in real life we are all men and women here to honor the people that went thru this horror in real life.

I believe that everyone here from the squeeker noob , to the pro, in one way or another honors the men that dropped their flaps for real, and dealt with the horror of not comming home every day 24/7. Honors the men that spent weeks and months in trenches on starvation rations, cold and wet for a belief, for something that they heald dear that was not tangeable.

Gentlemen  and women reading this post, this could be anyone of us, and I for one am proud to be a part of this "game". This is why we do this, not to see how many people we shoot down, not to see how many of our eggs land on target, or how many people we kill in GVs. Maybe in the short picture it is, but i believe Its about the friends, those that we know personally ,and those that are just a press of the T key away ,that makes this thing work.  Those that we know are on the other side waiting to be shot down, or to shoot down  us with or without malace.

All that i am trying to say is know matter how much the person on the other end "makes you mad" just think about this post, why that other person is here. Yes its for fun but look at the bigger picture. He or she is here because they have intrest in this real life struggle. That person, weather or not he is 13 or 80, is here because he chooses to be, because that intrest is here.
On a side note we "older players" get annoyed at the squeekers coming in and joining our ranks. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but these younger players have an intrest in this game, have an intrest in this era, thank god they do because i for one do not want to live in a world where the sacrifice of the men and women that came before us, the real HEROS, no matter what side they fought for are forgotten. Believe it or not, we are here because we can be, because people went thru this in real life, and didnt get to re up.

Prop,
Sir, i did not know you, but i wish i had. And i can promise you that my son will grab a plane and honor those that came before us, just like you did, and just like all of us do everyday. Those that think of this "game" as fun are mistaken. If they know it or not, they honor those that came before us, just like you did, giving us the right to play this game.

I know that you are like all the other people that i fly with here, Bish, Knit or Rook, good people, ones that will never let people forget about the sacrifice that these brave men and women made in real life. God bless you sir, and thank you. Also, god bless your family. You are in my familys thoughts and prayers. How proud to have known a man such as this , wether he picked up a rifle or not, he was responsible for allowing a memory to live long past he did. He was here, known by us, known by his squadies.

Props, May your have a strong tail wind on your journey, may your seat be comfortable, and your landing gentle.

<S> Props

Mbailey
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 09:46:44 PM »
I missed the flight so wasn't happy bout that. Is anyone going to put it on youtube?
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline shegotya

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 09:17:44 AM »
Sorry for the delay in this post but, I had to say thank you to the 31st. for having SOARING EXECUTIONERS/femme fatale and all the others that participated in the memorial flight. I am thankful to/for this community for times like this when we have no choice but, to morn the loss of a friend and we come together to do it. What a memorial it was ... perfect and massive troop drop with the missing man formation!! Then appropriately taking base A31 in his honor!! Thanks again 31st.

RIP Prop31

:salute

Offline OSU

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 11:49:42 AM »
I was planning to take part in that if I wasn't in the FSO. Before the CM opened the fields, we all observed a moment of silence and gave a nice big <S> to Prop 31st.

:salute Prop, I didn't know you, but I sure wish I had!
If I can't win, I die. But if I win, I live. And I can't win if I don't fight.
--Mikasa Ackerman

Offline toddus1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 04:19:45 PM »
I want to thank all who participated in Prop31st memorial, it goes to show the unity of friendship That grows through this Game even though we don't alway's know the other guy personally.I for one am proud to be a member of this great establishment,and to share in honoring my fallen friend and squadmate. I <S> you prop31st and all the members who took place.May this camaraderie continue for many generations to come.