Author Topic: Got 3 flights today till punted  (Read 438 times)

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
Got 3 flights today till punted
« on: July 31, 2008, 03:19:14 PM »
3 flights today and punted from my selected arena, only to return and be locked out by caps  :mad:

It is strange that a caps change cannot boot you out but it sure looks that way EVERY time it has happened to me  :noid
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Got 3 flights today till punted
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 06:36:49 PM »
3 flights today and punted from my selected arena, only to return and be locked out by caps  :mad:

It is strange that a caps change cannot boot you out but it sure looks that way EVERY time it has happened to me  :noid

HTC set it up that way just for you, so you'd have something to complain about while waiting to get back in your arena  :D

Offline Heretic

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 06:54:58 AM »
Same thing happened to me yesterday right after Skuzzy reset the terrain.     I was able to log back into the new arena and was flying around with 4 scalps when all of a sudden Poof!  Host Connection Lost.     Little ticked off  about not being able to land my scalps but when I tried to log back into LW Orange  nope................... Maxed out arena cap

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 08:03:04 AM »
I've never not been able to get into an arena, even if it's at its max. Sometimes I see a cap of 300, but there's 380 in the arena.

I log into another arena to load the textures and skins. I quit back to the arena menu and most times the cap is reset to 400.

Even if it's full at 400, I'll log in and out a few times and within a few minutes I'll find a slot.

I think many people simply quit trying after one or two attempts. Be a bit persistent and you'll get a slot in less than 5 minutes.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 08:06:35 AM »
Depends on what time you are usually flying. In my "prime" time the caps are just getting into effect, meaning that I can't get into LWO for much longer than only a few mins.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 08:09:15 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 10:59:42 AM »
I've never not been able to get into an arena, even if it's at its max. Sometimes I see a cap of 300, but there's 380 in the arena.

I log into another arena to load the textures and skins. I quit back to the arena menu and most times the cap is reset to 400.

Even if it's full at 400, I'll log in and out a few times and within a few minutes I'll find a slot.

I think many people simply quit trying after one or two attempts. Be a bit persistent and you'll get a slot in less than 5 minutes.

My regards,

Widewing

Usually but not always true.  I banged on the door for thirty minutes one day before I got in.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.