Author Topic: Historical/classic planes  (Read 678 times)

Offline zoozoo

• Silver Member
      • http://myspace.com/zachisbackforasnack
Re: Historical/classic planes
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2008, 05:48:00 PM »
The ju-52 would probably be needed more than the b29, we already have several types of bombers but only one aerial troops transport plane.
Zoozoo
Jokers Jokers
zoozoo fighter ace issue one:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,240022.0.html

Offline sparow

• Nickel Member
      • http://249sqn.wordpress.com/
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2008, 06:16:45 PM »
<S> Gents,

In terms of priority, I would choose the G4M "Betty" immediatly! This was one of the most important Japanese bombers of WWII, a model without wich no historical sim will be complete. The Ju52 is a third or fourth priority...only to get things right, nothing to add, really, except on a Spanish Civil War setup...that would lack all the other planes...Much more important would be the introduction of the He-111, a Luftwaffe workhorse in early and some mid-war theatres of operations.

Personaly, I am sympathetic with the B-29 development - without the nuke - but there's so much to do before that...The Brewster Buffalo, the Curtiss Hawk 75, the Polikarpovs, the Fiats, the Savoia-Marchettis, oh, so much to do and so little time...

Cheers,
Sparow
249 Sqn RAF "Gold Coast"
Consistently beeing shot down since Tour 33 (MA) and Tour 8  (CT/AvA)

Visit us at http://249sqn.wordpress.com/

Offline JHerne

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2008, 11:11:24 AM »
Sparow,

I agree wholeheartedly, but something we have to consider is the amount of playability those early-to-mid-war aircraft would provide.

When I log in, I go looking for the arena with the largest numbers. So far, it's always been a late-war arena. Most of those aircraft, P-35, P-36, Buffalo, I-16, I-15, I-153, are all hopelessly outclassed in the late-war arena, so chances are no one would use them.

Personally, I think Brewster Buffalos vs. Polikarpovs or early 109s would be great (Finland/Russia/Germany 1940-41), or P-36s vs. early 109s (France, 1940), or even Spanish Civil War, but all of those events put us in the minority of players in the game. If HTC is going to develop a new aircraft, I'm sure they want to select one that will be utilized by the majority of the players, not just a select few.

Don't get me wrong, I'm with ya on your choices. I'd love to see PZLs, IAR 80s, Mig-1, CR.42, Re2000, etc., but I doubt we're going to.

J
Skunkworks AvA Researcher and
Primary Cause of Angst

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2008, 11:34:28 AM »
  Correct if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Junkers 52 was also used as a light bomber in Spanish Civil War, and (if I'm correct) in early phases of WW2. I doubt the payload would be much, but hey, imagine several Junkers bombing a town, then 2 more goes in and drop their goons....

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2008, 11:58:43 AM »
Isn't it a little strange that 90% of us say we need this or that early war bomber, or 1942 fighter, and 90% of us never take the opportunity to fly these aircraft when given the opportunity?  Like in the ava? :rolleyes:
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2008, 06:03:31 PM »
Isn't it a little strange that 90% of us say we need this or that early war bomber, or 1942 fighter, and 90% of us never take the opportunity to fly these aircraft when given the opportunity?  Like in the ava? :rolleyes:

There would be more people in the EW arenas if we actually had a true early war plane set.  The way it is now, there are only a few planes that can actually be considered early war (1939-1940) and the majority of the planes in our current EW plane set are better suited for the Mid War plane set.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline SKYGUNS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2008, 06:39:35 PM »
Another one of the most common aircraft we are missing is the German He-111, founded in the 1930s and over 7,000 produced. Its the germans most popular. Yet, we don't have it... :( But we'll get it!  :aok