Author Topic: Nits, I'm SOOOO disappointed  (Read 1847 times)

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Re: Nits, I'm SOOOO disappointed
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2008, 11:42:10 AM »
Today, we had A111 capped, town down with two buildings left and troops in town.  Furballers were SO bent on vulching the field that NOBODY would take down the 2 remaining buildings for the capture even though we were pleading for them to do so and there were hardly any uppers.   Hangers were down after my drop but the furballers just couldn't pull themselves away from the field to kill 2 more buildings.

One hanger popped shortly after my drop and things just got ugly from there.  Furballers couldn't even keep a cap on the field....sigh.  5 minutes later, the sky was full of red dots and all hope of a capture was lost.

The day before that, I watched 4 carrier groups in a row, one after another enter a field within minutes after carrier the carrier before it was sunk.  Did anyone bother to take out ords, vh and shore battery (other than me of course).  Answer is NO.  Did anyone bother to bring in bombers to drop the hangers (other than me).  Answer is NO.

Luftmorder is becoming very disappointed with being Knights and we are presently in serious discussion to switch countries.

OH, I will say nits did win a map in blue a couple days ago.  Only because our tulips were kicked so hard in orange that everyone left in despair.  There were so many nits in blue that we couldn't help but win that map and did so within just half a day.

Hats off to you rooks who keep offense a priority.  And to the bish for the same.  Seems all nits do anymore is defend, defend, defend and then, nits even suck at that.

Ok, I feel better now...lol

If you do switch sides don't bring that hanger banging BS our way.  Question.... where do the troops run to  a)hangers or b) map room.

For the life of me I can't see why folk hanger bang a capped field when the bleedin town or VH needs the ords.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2008, 12:24:38 PM »

It's their 15 dollars,if that's what they want fine,but I'll be voting with my feet,and moving to Bish or Rook.

Do you promise?  The more timid tool shedders we can get rid of on the Knit side, the better.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2008, 12:26:46 PM »
A little courtesy from one person and town could have been down for them, not asking much. 2 buildings won't kill the hit % to much this late in the month.

The OP had the necessary means to take down the 2 remaining building himself, why didn't he?

ack-ack

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2008, 12:34:40 PM »
I don't know, I'm not the OP. I'm just saying a little courtesy would have been nice.

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2008, 12:41:48 PM »
If you do switch sides don't bring that hanger banging BS our way.  Question.... where do the troops run to  a)hangers or b) map room.

Um, wait, let me think......it's.. :uhoh....it's.. :noid....uh.......I'm going with A, final answer. :pray 

Did I win? Huh? :rofl
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2008, 01:10:14 PM »
Today, we had A111 capped, town down with two buildings left and troops in town.  Furballers were SO bent on vulching the field that NOBODY would take down the 2 remaining buildings for the capture even though we were pleading for them to do so and there were hardly any uppers.   Hangers were down after my drop but the furballers just couldn't pull themselves away from the field to kill 2 more buildings.

One hanger popped shortly after my drop and things just got ugly from there.  Furballers couldn't even keep a cap on the field....sigh.  5 minutes later, the sky was full of red dots and all hope of a capture was lost.

The day before that, I watched 4 carrier groups in a row, one after another enter a field within minutes after carrier the carrier before it was sunk.  Did anyone bother to take out ords, vh and shore battery (other than me of course).  Answer is NO.  Did anyone bother to bring in bombers to drop the hangers (other than me).  Answer is NO.

Luftmorder is becoming very disappointed with being Knights and we are presently in serious discussion to switch countries.

OH, I will say nits did win a map in blue a couple days ago.  Only because our tulips were kicked so hard in orange that everyone left in despair.  There were so many nits in blue that we couldn't help but win that map and did so within just half a day.

Hats off to you rooks who keep offense a priority.  And to the bish for the same.  Seems all nits do anymore is defend, defend, defend and then, nits even suck at that.

If a Bishop was in that M-3 he or she would have used the M2 on the pintle... It actually shoots .50 cal bullets!!!! it is easily within the M3's ammo loadout to kill 2 buildings.
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2008, 01:13:59 PM »

fighter jocks
you play the game your way, and we'll play it ours. to each his own.

MMOG gamers are NOT fighter jocks...  :lol :lol :lol :rofl :rofl :rofl :lol :lol :lol :rofl :rofl :rofl
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline balance1

• Copper Member
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2008, 03:15:06 PM »
No one cares about the war.
There's a WAR on?!?  :O
 hmmmm that would explain the constant gunfire  :noid

You know your a dweeb when you love flight sims so much, you believe you can do it better and go start your own flight sim company.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2008, 09:26:18 PM »

As a Knight....and been a knight bout 7 years....don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya. Ahhhh...that great looking green grass over there on that side of the fence.

Ya know....I been in a squad for years now...same one....and we have put down some defenses...and been pushed back...but almost every time...without fail....it's been fun. I was flying near a big darbar the other day...and when I got in comms range all I heard was...lets get a vulch going....yadda yadda yadda. If ya want to capture bases...fine....if ya want to furball...fine...wanna do a bit of both...fine. But don't blame anything on one group. You should have been better prepared. And the Vulchin furballers....well they did what they normally do.

Bishops , Rooks , Knights...no side is better. Just differant.

Have a good time over there--------------------->

<waves bye bye>
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2008, 09:28:52 PM »
 :uhoh
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 09:31:22 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2008, 09:30:29 PM »

I'm trying to think of the quote, oh, how does it go.    Ah! 

Sometimes whining pays off...

-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2008, 10:01:10 PM »
Ya know Erkle,

Now that I think about it....I'd say most of the players in AHII havent a CLUE as to what AH used to be...

You newer types have a whole differant mind set than the old days. I can remember flying for hours and seeing maybe 2 or 3 bases change hands on a map. Why? Everyone was fighting and haveing fun. It wasn't about winning the war it was about a fight and combat. Not about ground punding and griefing.

I been in AH for a total of 9 years now I think. Not all at once mind ya...but off and on for that long. Maybe it was 2000. Not gonna look it up under my ole CPID. At any rate....the skies were filled with people fighting and dieing and re upping for a fight again. Not much vulching at all that I remember. Just good ole clean fun and <S>'s. Good talk. Not a bunch of smack talking and name calling.

Those days are gone and I realise that. Things change.

But for you to get in this notion of "Knights suk" is just goofy IMO.

Theere have been some GREAT battles over bases in this game. For hours and hours it would go with neither side gaining a big advantage. I recall epic battles with the JB's , BK's , AK's , 56th. I remember fighting the original JB squad for 5 or 6 hours over a base. We'd bomb them and they'd bomb us. We'd fight thier 190's and 109's and they'd come in and fight our spits. Not a bunch of hoin and runnin....just wingman pairs all over from both sides duking it out for air supremacy in one lil area of a map. Thier side trying to get Bombers in and our side doing the same. But the fight was clean , fun and well mannered. Almost everytime.

The BK's with Levi , Slap , and friends , smacking us around like lil kids. Ak's bushwhacking the hell out of us and us them. Nomde and Fenchy and company doing thier thing.

It was long before the MOUTHS arrived on the scene and changed AH. Long before the word toolshedder became AHII's favorite pastime. Furballers wasn't a bad word or a group....it was EVERYONE.

This game isn't near what it once was nor will it ever be again. HT made his changes. MANY for the better. But don't think for a minute...that us older guys....the flyers from way back....have any sympathy for people complaining about some side being "Teh Suk".

It's your money...play your way.... :salute
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 10:13:55 PM by RedTop »
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2008, 12:41:46 PM »
Excellent post RedTop!

ack-ack

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2008, 01:08:29 PM »
WTG RED! :aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2008, 01:24:33 PM »
Today, we had A111 capped, town down with two buildings left and troops in town.  Furballers were SO bent on vulching the field.....

those aren't furballers, those are vulchers and point dweebs.
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"