Author Topic: unperk the Ta-152  (Read 189 times)

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
unperk the Ta-152
« on: March 29, 2001, 12:02:00 PM »
The buffs can out turn this thing at altitude.  It's no kind of deterrent at all to stopping the stratobuff dweebs, especially since they have the extra enhanced turbolasers.  And yes Pyro, something has happened to those guns since 1.03, they are much more deadly now.

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
unperk the Ta-152
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2001, 12:19:00 PM »
Yet somehow, despite everything being against it, it manages to plug along at a mere 1.65 k/d. (on the other hand I'm all for putting dispersion effect back on buffs)

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
unperk the Ta-152
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2001, 01:53:00 PM »

Originally posted by Fatty:
Yet somehow, despite everything being against it, it manages to plug along at a mere 1.65 k/d. (on the other hand I'm all for putting dispersion effect back on buffs)

I'd wager most of the people who fly it do the '1 pass haul ass' type of attacks.  I won't get into an extended turning fight when I'm flying it.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
unperk the Ta-152
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2001, 02:01:00 PM »
I agree bout the buff guns, yes I always whined bout them but before this you could actually do the recommended high angle high speed frontal passes and be pretty safe, although I was only killed by b17 twice this tour both times I came in fast and high and was blown to bits by the top turret with only 2 weapons at about 700yds range. Its too much. BTW why dont some of you show me some TM-45564 whatever manual bible that says 2 50cal guns should blow (wingr ripped fuse torn in half no rudder no engine etc, not pilot kill) up a fighter in one ping at
that range.

Even worse it the recent upgrade in the MG34 7.62mm on the Panzer. I did a few high speed rocket attacks in a typhoon ad the single MG34 tore me up in 2 secs.

BTW  Yes this is a whine!, its because the current buff gun modeling has gone too far to favor the bombers. Its a valid argument that I share with many AH fiter pilots, and we hope HTC redresses the balance of bomber guns.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
unperk the Ta-152
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2001, 02:50:00 PM »
A buff outturning a fighter  

Maybe they should add structucal limits for bombers..  with bomb load I highly suspect that any even less brainy pilot would do stunts in a B-17. (would cause nice structural failure)

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
unperk the Ta-152
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2001, 02:54:00 PM »
It would be nice if there were some recoil type shaking to the buff guns and a bit of dispersion. Someone had a good idea in a post a few days ago about there being a delay from the time the player controlled turret fires to when the other turrets slave on.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
unperk the Ta-152
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2001, 02:56:00 PM »
Fishu,
Actually, as far as I could tell, the bombers aren't manuevering any better up there than they do down low.  The fighters, on the other hand, can't manuever for crapover 20,000ft.

Either the bombers need the altitude penalty added to their manuerverability or the penalty is WAY over done for fighters.

Personally I suspect the latter.  Performance at altitude in AH has always felt "off" to me.  Of course, I'd need real evidence to really go there, and I don't have any.  That's why I've never mentioned it before.

------------------
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Bring the Spitfire F.MkXIVc to Aces High!!!

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
unperk the Ta-152
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2001, 03:12:00 PM »
I had a ju-88 out-loop and out-turn my 202 once. The battle of the pea-shooters.

Unperk the ta152, perk the n1k. Nice trade  

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
unperk the Ta-152
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2001, 06:27:00 PM »
Yeah, that's ridiculous.  A hi-alt buff outturning a fighter. Fancy that
 http://www.targetware.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000080.html

The real problem is the guns guys.