Author Topic: Tank Club Reminder!  (Read 461 times)

Offline SKYGUNS

• Nickel Member
Tank Club Reminder!
« on: August 03, 2008, 02:13:54 AM »
Tank Club Today (sunday) at 4:00 PM pacific time in DA channel 203.
Sloehand has the instructions and plans...

thankyou for reading, Skyguns :salute
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 05:10:54 AM by SKYGUNS »

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
Re: Tank Club Reminder!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 01:15:09 PM »
Ill be there like always. Did you get my e-mail by the way?
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline SKYGUNS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 04:18:22 PM »
Ill be there like always. Did you get my e-mail by the way?

Nope....
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 04:23:35 PM by SKYGUNS »

Offline Rondar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 12:10:08 AM »
I like the tank club, but to be frank here, the younger chatterboxes who just cannot refrain from doing what they are asked nicely by the host to do drive me out of there.  I really respect Sloehand for his patience and for taking the time to do it.  You guys could learn a lot more from your host if you would let your keyboard and mic rest for say just 2 minutes.  He tries to say something and you guys just chatter about nothing and cover up what he is trying to say.  I grew up in an age where you respected your elders and I wish that trend would continue with the current younger generation. 
To understand true love, lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car for an hour and then see which one is glad to see you when you come back

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 12:12:14 AM »
I like the tank club, but to be frank here, the younger chatterboxes who just cannot refrain from doing what they are asked nicely by the host to do drive me out of there.  I really respect Sloehand for his patience and for taking the time to do it.  You guys could learn a lot more from your host if you would let your keyboard and mic rest for say just 2 minutes.  He tries to say something and you guys just chatter about nothing and cover up what he is trying to say.  I grew up in an age where you respected your elders and I wish that trend would continue with the current younger generation. 

Ditto... Sloehand has put himself out there for this community. I'd like to see something like this in the SEA.

:salute Sloehand!
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 01:07:37 AM »

I agree 100%.  I attended the first couple and it went pretty well.  The last two I attended was ruined by a few constantly chattering kids.  That's why I haven't attended for the last couple of weeks. 

I have to de-tune my squad vox occasionally because of this.  People need to learn, of all ages, that when Sloehand talks, everyone needs to listen, and maybe he wouldn't have to repeat everything 10 time.  If you come in late, just listen, you will figure out whats going on instead of interupting a scenario that has already started.

I give a big  :salute to Sloehand thought, he has far more patients than I have.

Fred 
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 01:09:15 AM by bmwgs »
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 03:27:57 AM »
I made it to one of the first ones, then to the one today. :)  It was a tremendous amount of fun both times. :)
Thanks very much for putting those together Sloehand :)
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline SKYGUNS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 05:05:22 AM »
Johnny Jr wasnt here today!  :aok

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 03:12:34 PM »
Well, thanx to everyone for their kind words.  I'm tickled TanK KluB has been so well recieved and that everyone is having a good time.  As for my patience, you should all know that it is artifically induced through a very large IV line in my arm, contineously running horse tranquillizers directly to my brain.
Actually, though I know it's been disruptive to some, we've had far less squeaker action than I might have expected.  And, generally, most don't seem to be making a career of messing up TanK KluB every week.  There is one in particular that is not really trying to be malice about it, like a couple others we've seen, he's just too impatient and unmannerly.  He may or may not be welcome as we move forward into
THE SPECIAL EVENTS ARENA!!!

Nothing is a done deal yet, but as I mentioned over the last two weeks, I have had contact with a prominent CM who wants to see something like this as a fairly regular event in the SEA and is willing to help out to make it happen.

Additionally, at this last TanK KluB yesturday, another CM who shall remain nameless, but if he was standing in a line for movie tickets he'd probably be the 4440 -th in line.   :rofl  Anyway, he came out to check us out and see how serious it all was, and was impressed enough to join in, then later tell us that he too would like to see TanK KluB develop into an event in the SEA.   :rock  :rock  :rock

We had so many players this last time, I couldn't count them using the roster at first.  We were having teams of 17-18 on a side.  Massive battles.  It's reached the point that I'm going to need to start recruiting additional referees to help out, and maybe enough to take over once in awhile so I can play too.  :D

TanK KluB has definitely started to out-grow the DA and the only place to go ist up, to the SEA.  Once there, we can regulate the squeakers and disrupters, and just have a great time tanking.  I'm busy working on the first major tank battle.  It's all still  "two weeks" away  :rofl , but it will happen fairly soon, I think.  Probably soon after the current Scenario Rangoon is completed.

And I'm working on the website, which I hope we'll open up, at least for the forum, sometime this week.

Glad everyone is having a great time with TanK KluB and hope more people keep checking it out.  This could be AH history-making.  A grassroots effort gets a new event into the SEA and out to the community. :O

Keep 'em Rolling!!!
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 03:20:10 PM »
As for my patience, you should all know that it is artifically induced through a very large IV line in my arm, contineously running horse tranquillizers directly to my brain.

:rofl :rofl :rofl
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline Baitman

• Nickel Member
      • Strike Manufacturing Inc.
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2008, 03:48:05 PM »

Exactly :aok

You will find the more you LISTEN the more you will learn. (In real life and AH)

"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition"
You can be one but NOT both...

Fully Fledged Practising Atheist Bishop