Author Topic: AH2 witness protection program?  (Read 1695 times)

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
Re: AH2 witness protection program?
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2008, 12:26:43 PM »
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2008, 01:03:16 PM »
I will tell you why , some people have developed a bad reputation on the game. Then people like you come in and ask silly questions to them ; If you know a shades a shade , let him be , he's a shade for a good reason. If someone wants to completely start all over and try better then next time whats wrong with that? You all talk about shades like its a bad thing. Leave them alone , I happend to know 4 shades , do I go around telling everyone ??? Of coarse not , that is ridiculously inconsiderate. Everyone does something for a reason and that means they have a reason. You shouldnt ruin there fun in the game with these kind of posts.And until you understand that , I have no respect for you.

That's a fair point, and one that I've used too.  Very few people know who I was "primarily" in AW, mainly because when I started there I was a 14 year old jerk and wanted to start fresh and more mature here, without spending half my time saying "sorry 'bout back then"...

Still, it's worth noting that it's not very hard for people to recognize familiar styles & attitudes.  If nothing changes, the same people who were the shades friends in past times will be their friends now, and the same people that didn't like them still won't.

It's also worth considering that there's a few well-respected members of this community who started off despised, and vice versa, without ever needing to change identities.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline TheMan

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2008, 03:30:05 PM »
That's a fair point, and one that I've used too.  Very few people know who I was "primarily" in AW, mainly because when I started there I was a 14 year old jerk and wanted to start fresh and more mature here, without spending half my time saying "sorry 'bout back then"...

Still, it's worth noting that it's not very hard for people to recognize familiar styles & attitudes.  If nothing changes, the same people who were the shades friends in past times will be their friends now, and the same people that didn't like them still won't.

It's also worth considering that there's a few well-respected members of this community who started off despised, and vice versa, without ever needing to change identities.
I agree

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2008, 03:47:50 PM »
My name took days  of contemplation to come up with so I wouldn't consider changing it.

And here I thought that most folks already had their choices for the baby's name picked out before the big day... {grin}

<S>
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline Baitman

• Nickel Member
      • Strike Manufacturing Inc.
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2008, 03:48:33 PM »

This is my point exactly why must any one even Mustard change his name. He is a good fighter and his tactics are good but his taunts and constant know it all chatter get to people. As he ages he will notice this and I am sure he will change.

Don't keep switching Names, stay who you are because there are things you do that will give you away every time.

"Mine, Mine, Mine"

:rofl
"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition"
You can be one but NOT both...

Fully Fledged Practising Atheist Bishop

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2008, 04:30:45 PM »
[quote Hmmm... I changed my name without taking a break or coming back....

Snailman - Snails Of Fortune
(Lusche in Tour 70-99)

You are not hiding Lusche neither is Vanscrew / Vandetta.

Maybe I just did a sucky job at trying to hide?  ;)

But seriously, after name change I actually did  hide for a tour. Was a refreshing experience flying peacefully without all that fuss in LW arena. Players that despise me suddenly cheered at some kills "Nice shot mate!" instead of "Weak pick, you tard", no rather embarrassing WTG's on two landed kills in La-7s, no arguments about what I fly, no one trying some idle smalltalks with me ;)

Contrary, but even more fun was the EW arena. Of course nobody there believed I was a n00b when I was quickly kicking around most (not all!) of the "opposition" there. Of course they quickly figured out that I had to be ROCKIES and was accordingly insulted each day  :rofl

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Slamfire

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2008, 04:54:32 PM »

Changing handles does very little hide your old identity - remember, your voice sounds exactly the same.  I literally know 100s of players just by their voices.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Air Chief Marshal, Elite Top Aces
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2008, 05:05:15 PM »
I've changed twice. Whatever my old name was to FBmensa, and that to Mensa.

I hope no one discovers my deep dark past as an FB.  :uhoh

YA THINK YA KNOW SOMEBODY! :furious
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Baitman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2008, 12:45:02 AM »
Changing handles does very little hide your old identity - remember, your voice sounds exactly the same.  I literally know 100s of players just by their voices.

Exactly why some people right now are claiming they are mic less. :noid

Offline TheMan

• Copper Member
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2008, 02:30:59 PM »
Exactly why some people right now are claiming they are mic less. :noid
I say leave the shades alone and get a life  :aok

Offline Rollins

• Silver Member
      • 4thFG
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2008, 04:08:08 PM »

I say adopt a measure of personal accountability and respect so you're not forced to shade.  :aok
http://www.flamewarriors.net    Here kitty kitty...

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2008, 08:02:11 AM »
I`d suggest you take up knitting if AH and shades gets too stressful .
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Baitman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2008, 01:23:48 PM »
I say adopt a measure of personal accountability and respect so you're not forced to shade.  :aok

Exactly  :aok

Got you  :rofl

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2008, 04:46:41 PM »
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2008, 05:14:00 PM »
Being a shade numpty I'd expect you would.
See Rule #4