Author Topic: John Glenn said this....  (Read 6916 times)

Offline Stage1

• Copper Member
John Glenn said this....
« on: August 03, 2008, 12:36:39 PM »
John Glenn (DEMOCRAT) said this ----- It should make us all think a little:

There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq in January. In the fair city of Detroit there were 35 murders in the month of January. That's just one American city, about as deadly as the entire war-torn country of Iraq.

When some claim that President Bush shouldn't have started this war, tell them the following : 

FDR (DEMOCRAT) led us into World War II. Germany never attacked us; Japan did. From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost ... an average of 112,500 per year. 

Truman (DEMOCRAT) finished that war and started one in Korea. North Korea never attacked us. From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost ... an average of 18,334 per year.

John F. Kennedy (DEMOCRAT) started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam never attacked us.

Johnson (DEMOCRAT) turned Vietnam into a quagmire. From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost ... an average of 5,800 per year.

Clinton (DEMOCRAT) went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent. Bosnia never attacked us.
Clinton was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing!!!! Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

In the years since terrorists attacked us, President Bush has liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in Libya, Iran, and, North Korea without firing a shot, and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people. And the Democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking.

But Wait, There's more.

It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno (DEMOCRAT) to take the Branch Davidian compound.  That was a 51-day operation .

We've been looking for evidence for chemical weapons in Iraq for less time than it took Hillary Clinton (DEMOCRAT) to find the Rose law firm billing records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took Ted Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquiddick.

It took less time to take Iraq than it took to count the votes in Florida!!!

The Military morale is high! The biased media hopes we are too ignorant to realize the facts.
If it can't get there on it's own, leave it at home!!

Buick GS, Fast with Class!!  www.V8buick.com

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Re: John Glenn said this....
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 12:52:21 PM »
well.......you know, there is something to think about in that writing.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 12:53:55 PM »
Link?
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 12:54:05 PM »
well.......you know, there is something to think about in that writing.

Yeah, it could be said there is some nonsense mixed with other stuff said many times before.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 01:16:16 PM »
I dont for a minute believe this was said by the quoted Senator. For one thing he tends to agree with the people he is quoted as attacking. If he had actually attacked Kennedy like that it would have met with great criticism and absolutely no one attacks Hillary and lives to breath later.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 01:46:01 PM »
It is mighty scary that some idiots actually believe this stuff.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 01:52:57 PM »
MT,

So far I don't see anyone who says it's true in the thread yet. The reason I asked for the link is simply because it sounds like typical internet BS. So far snopes doesn't have anything on it.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008, 01:55:48 PM »
MT,

So far I don't see anyone who says it's true in the thread yet. The reason I asked for the link is simply because it sounds like typical internet BS. So far snopes doesn't have anything on it.

Except of course the guy who posted it. 

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2008, 01:56:33 PM »
Snopes says Glenn did not say that and offer an explanation as to how it came to be attributed to him.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/glenn.asp

Even if he didn't say all of that, what is not true in those statements?

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2008, 02:01:17 PM »
If Glenn didn't say it perhaps he should have. What in there isn't true?

It's also worthy of note that the Clinton/Reno attack against Texans in Waco left no survivors. Bush has done much better in Afghanistan and Iraq.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2008, 02:03:01 PM »
It is mighty scary that some idiots actually believe this stuff.

Believe what? 

That Glenn said it or the content?

Offline Stage1

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2008, 02:03:39 PM »
If Glenn didn't say it perhaps he should have. What in there isn't true?

It's also worthy of note that the Clinton/Reno attack against Texans in Waco left no survivors. Bush has done much better in Afghanistan and Iraq.

RIGHT ON!!!!
If it can't get there on it's own, leave it at home!!

Buick GS, Fast with Class!!  www.V8buick.com

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2008, 02:05:09 PM »
There are a lot of lies of ommision in that list....

1. Germany declared war on us 1st.
2. Truman started the war in Korea? I'm pretty sure it was a UN police action.
3. The 39 deaths in Iraq don't include anyone other than US military personnel. I wonder what the real number is?

no need to go on. You know it's a bunch of hooie as much as I do.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2008, 02:06:57 PM »
There are a lot of lies of ommision in that list....

3. The 39 deaths in Iraq don't include anyone other than US military personnel. I wonder what the real number is?

So, does that mean you do not fault Bush for going into Iraq since it was/is a UN action?
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2008, 02:09:23 PM »

So, the point is that they never attacked us.

Pretty sure?  Link?

Real number of what?  The context is military causalities.

No need to go on because this is all you have....a weak attempt to refute facts.