Author Topic: Drop all eggs at once....  (Read 135 times)

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Drop all eggs at once....
« on: December 08, 2000, 04:47:00 PM »
I could be wrong... but was it not possible for the majority of AC used in the divebombing role to drop all ordnance at once, instead of having to select either or?

I'm not referring to the JU's 20 50's, but for example the P47 with 2 eggs on wings and one centerline.. could they not all be dropped at once?
Would sure be a nice option to have in the sim...

AKSKurj

eskimo

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2000, 04:50:00 PM »
If you have a programable stick,
you can tell a button to:

BB Backspace BB

or whatever.

eskimo

Offline Rickenbacker

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2000, 05:11:00 PM »
Just use ".salvo XX"  where XX is the number of bombs/rocks you want to use with one button push. You can also set the delay between them with ".delay XX", where XX is the delay between them in milliseconds (I think it is).

Offline Rickenbacker

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2000, 05:13:00 PM »
Oops, guess I totally misunderstood your question  . Did the P-47 have the ability to drop from different stations at once IRL?

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2000, 10:41:00 PM »
Not sure if the JUG did or not Ricken, but I seem to recall from other sims in the past, being able to drop from all stations with some AC (Stuka comes to mind).  I don't know if in reality many planes had the ability to drop from all stations or not.

I would think a slow mover like the stuka might have the ability to dump all stations due to the fact that by the time the stuka  regained enough alt for another dive pass, the war was over....

AKSKurj

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2000, 06:28:00 AM »
P-47 should be able to drop all ordnance same time, by activating the switches for each bomb rack..

P-38 probably worked in same manner as well.

and yeah.. it would be nice feature, because that small delay in dropping those two bombs might cause second bomb to drift off a bit more than wanted to.

Heh.. in some of those early versions it was possible to drop both bombs from the wings same time, which actually happend quite many times because it was so sensitive for it   (bugggg..)