Author Topic: suggestions?  (Read 535 times)

Offline NEARY

• Nickel Member
      • The 18th FG Killer Chihuahuas
suggestions?
« on: August 01, 2008, 07:47:37 PM »
i want to get an internet server that is reliable, some people don't get discoed,and i want to know who doesn't get discoed all the time and what internet service provider they are using. i have qwest right now and i am getting discoed all the time. comcast frame rate was terrible and really slow. are there any other internet servers that i won't get discoed all the time with?
The 18th FG Killer Chihuahuas.since tour 97.        CO: KCTHUNDR(me)
 ( NEARY tours 96- 107) 2nd in command: Penguin. www.freewebs.com/18thfg   in game i.d.: KCTHUNDR

OBey Teh ChIHuaHUa!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!11!!!1

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Re: suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 02:10:02 PM »
Chances are, you only have a few to pick and choose from. Do some research and post back with your options.

Offline DustyR

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 04:55:06 PM »
i want to get an internet server that is reliable,
Go to the Verizon Webb page & do a check to see if DSL is offered at your location.  They have been trouble free for me & I operate thru a wireless router. :noid  :pray
Coal Country WV -- Home of the free ** because of the brave.

Offline NEARY

• Nickel Member
      • The 18th FG Killer Chihuahuas
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 09:29:40 PM »
Go to the Verizon Webb page & do a check to see if DSL is offered at your location.  They have been trouble free for me & I operate thru a wireless router. :noid  :pray
verizon high speed internet is not available in my area :uhoh
does anyone know any other suggestions?
The 18th FG Killer Chihuahuas.since tour 97.        CO: KCTHUNDR(me)
 ( NEARY tours 96- 107) 2nd in command: Penguin. www.freewebs.com/18thfg   in game i.d.: KCTHUNDR

OBey Teh ChIHuaHUa!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!11!!!1

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 08:00:18 AM »
Oftentimes you internet connection has naught to do with getting discoed, one of the sticky threads Skuzzy put up shows how to do a 'tracert' from your house to HT's location, which usually seems to show the cause of connection grief. If you're wireless from your pc to your router, THAT could be your grief....lotsa possibilities, though I'm not the one to answer them, alas :)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 09:46:00 PM »
SBC DSL seems pretty good if that is available.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 04:01:22 AM »
Oftentimes you internet connection has naught to do with getting discoed, one of the sticky threads Skuzzy put up shows how to do a 'tracert' from your house to HT's location, which usually seems to show the cause of connection grief. If you're wireless from your pc to your router, THAT could be your grief....lotsa possibilities, though I'm not the one to answer them, alas :)

i like your avatar can i steal it please???? sorry for the hijack
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 10:46:06 PM »
(I stole it;)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Marshal

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 11:03:50 PM »
Neary I have Comcast and have no problems at all. My frame rate stays constant at 59 fps. I am also hard wired to the cable modem, so if you are using wireless that could be a problem.

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 02:51:38 AM »
Of course no one would mention it, but Satellite is improving and is quite nice.  I use WildBlue on wireless router and only troubles i get are from extreme weather.  So unless you have frequent storms it's fine, speeds are good, i get DLs at 150-300KB/s average, max 1.5MB.  One problem you may have is if you use internet 24/7 you can exceed max Bandwidth, which is not an issue on hardlined internet.
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 10:05:37 AM »
i want to get an internet server that is reliable, some people don't get discoed,and i want to know who doesn't get discoed all the time and what internet service provider they are using. i have qwest right now and i am getting discoed all the time. comcast frame rate was terrible and really slow. are there any other internet servers that i won't get discoed all the time with?

i am on at&T 512k  dsl i very rarely get disoed ocasionly i may warp or notice otehr planes warping due to hicup but most of time its reliable and they always deal farily with me when i have a problem
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008, 01:24:47 PM »
I use Embarq, which is a fairly new company. You can try Comcast, which is cable, but works VERY well.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2008, 02:27:48 PM »
NEARY no matter what internet provider you go with ALL internet providers have problems of some sort or another. just make sure you have a sit down talk with each one and ask any and all questions you might have. some internet providers offer high speed internet but you have to pay extra for it.
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey