Author Topic: The most over-rated aircraft in the hangar  (Read 6850 times)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: The most over-rated aircraft in the hangar
« Reply #195 on: August 11, 2008, 04:42:39 PM »
yanno kweassa, as much as i've ragged on you over the years about your WOTs - you're a pretty good writer.  :)

i'd have gone with  "any given sunday."

:aok

but as to this....     

....whom they'd dearly love to spank around, but cannot, due to the fact that those dang Hoers and runners are usually in superior planes and runs away a lot. Upping something like a La-7 of their own, is like a signing a confession that they can't catch these runners and HOers despite their pilot skill.. so they can't do anything about it. Instead, they choose to downplay the situation at hand, profess that flying La-7s are no fun, and start a campaign on how newbies should stay away from superplanes and "learn" more ACM from them - by fighting to the death every time, and becomming cannon-fodder all the time. Right this way n00bs - come and get shot down by me all the time, and you'll learn something!

i have fun in the La7 doing precisely that, and not just in running down n00bz...

i also think there's a fair number of so-called vets who don't mind being in disadvantageous situation as long as that uber plane doesn't simply just run away or repeatedly joust.  not all fights have to be TnB style. E-fighting is just as fun, and, for me, BnZ less so. 
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 04:51:12 PM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline mef4ud

• Zinc Member
« Reply #196 on: August 11, 2008, 09:38:15 PM »

Let me offer an analogy that highlights the flaw in your reasoning.

Two guys, one a master craftsman, the other just an average guy.

The master craftsman is limited to manual hand tools (saws, screw drivers and such).

The average guy gets to go to Lowes and buys every new power tool he desires.

Both set out to build you a bookshelf. You have to decide which bookshelf you must buy prior to it being made.

Which guy gets your money?

Tools don't make the craftsman, skill makes the craftsman.

The other guy is just a duffer with a garage full of tools. The tools don't make the bookshelf.

A poor craftsman will make a poor bookshelf, regardless of what tools he owns.

Stop by the TA tomorrow evening after 8 PM your time and we'll put the analogy to the test.

My regards,

Widewing

:rock :salute
Proud Flyer of the F4U's since tour 36.

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #197 on: August 12, 2008, 09:10:47 AM »
 I think all the planes have their attributes and deficiencies. Over rated? Thats kind of like asking what is the best plane. It all depends on the pilot.