Author Topic: Zazen13 please explain "Grace"  (Read 1949 times)

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Re: Zazen13 please explain "Grace"
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2008, 07:56:25 AM »
Thats some very nice circumlocution. :salute

If you can explain it as thoroughly as I did and more concisely I'd love to hear it... ;)
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

storch

« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2008, 07:57:03 AM »
The universe is only here because we imagined it so, it expands at the same rate as our consciousness of it. If we think, it is becomes so.
how solipistic of you, sort of.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2008, 08:08:28 AM »
how solipistic of you, sort of.

Entirely storch!  It's a kiddy-ride lie.  Try it on the boss, wife, or cop.  Pish.

Offline dentin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2008, 10:42:58 AM »
Well, if I do this, this thread is going to probably get booted to the O'Club.

Divine grace is the reconciliation of mortal souls with the divine.  

All mortal beings are intrinsically flawed simply by virtue of the fact that they are subject to the vagaries and temptations of corporeal existence. Through the unavoidable manifestation of these flaws during the course of mortal life a chasm develops separating the individual's soul from the spiritual resonance of the universe. Divine grace is the spiritual "tuning fork" that brings back into harmony the divine consciousness and the soul of a sentient being. Once resonance of spiritual essence is reconciled that soul is considered living in "Divine grace", a state that continues into the afterlife. The central concept of Divine grace is that it is unconditional. Individual souls are not necessarily bound by any requirements. It is a gift from God, the reasons for bestowment known only to him.

For example, a water droplet in a cloud is water, it has the same basic properties as the water in the ocean. But, a water droplet in a cloud is not the ocean. It is a separate and unique element representative of the whole in terms of properties, but divorced from it by time, space and unfulfilled potential. Now, atmospheric conditions change and suddenly the water droplet in the cloud falls in the form of a raindrop, by no will of its own, but as a result of universal forces. Suddenly the water droplet is now in the ocean, separate only in physical theory, but from the perspective of absolution it has become an indivisible entity.

My head hurts.   :D
"The more I see of the depressing stature of people, the more I admire my dogs."
 Opinions are like Armpits..everyone has two and sometime they both stink!
"No matter how much things change, They remain the same"