Author Topic: a leason learned  (Read 548 times)

Offline hyster

• Copper Member
a leason learned
« on: August 09, 2008, 06:28:02 AM »
just thought id post this as it might help some new players.

a few months back i was in a 51-d and came across a 38-? (dadonkey).
the 38 had 3-4k alt advantage but i wasn't that worried cuz at the time most 38 pilots id come across didn't no how to fly them.
to cut a long story short the fight lasted 3-4 Min's with loads of turning and me getting onto the 38's low 6 and we were both at low speeds.
now being new and not that good at acm all i kept trying to do was get my sights onto the 38 and the result was that id be twitching on the verge of a stall and only get the outer ring of my gun site onto the 38.

at 1 point i thought i was close enough to pull hard and get a kill, instead i pulled to hard and lost control. straight down with the 38 following me next thing i no I'm in the tower.

up the 51-d again and made sure i had more alt than b4 and i hoped id get above the 38 for an easy kill. sure enough the 38 was there at a lower alt :rofl
the fight lasted less 20 secs as i messed it up big time.

i was in a fight yesterday and waited a while to get into a good firing position and i thought were did i learn to wait?

now the point to this is that the fight id had with dadonkey taught me a major lesson.  PATIANCE. i now no that if i had waited and got my alt high to match the 38 i would have got a kill.

Offline lagger86

• Nickel Member
Re: a leason learned
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 07:28:20 AM »
I don't even mess with 38's unless I have to. Sure there are guys that have no clue how to fly them(like me) and are easy kills, but The ones that DO know what they're doing in that crate...well it just gets ugly in a hurry.
Lagger

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 08:11:40 AM »
No shame to loose to the P-38 in this case. In fact, getting anywhere near a kill on him was quite good. The P-38 is superior to the P-51 in most all respects related to dogfighting except top speed and dive handling.

Offline hyster

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 08:17:17 AM »
sorry I'm not good at  writting what i mean.

the above is an example of where inpatients got me killed.
what i was trying to get over is that if your patient and wait to get into a good firing position you will get better results in the game.

another example is when a fighter go's after bomber's they get impatient and attack from below or from co-alt. if there patient and grab to 5+k above them they will increase there chances of a kill allot.

hope this makes it clearer what im trying to get over.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 09:44:50 AM »
sorry I'm not good at  writting what i mean.

the above is an example of where inpatients got me killed.
what i was trying to get over is that if your patient and wait to get into a good firing position you will get better results in the game.

another example is when a fighter go's after bomber's they get impatient and attack from below or from co-alt. if there patient and grab to 5+k above them they will increase there chances of a kill allot.

hope this makes it clearer what im trying to get over.

patience is a virtue

greed kills :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 12:27:43 PM »
patience is a virtue

greed kills :aok
too much patience kills aswell
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 12:47:19 PM »
I don't even mess with 38's unless I have to. Sure there are guys that have no clue how to fly them(like me) and are easy kills, but The ones that DO know what they're doing in that crate...well it just gets ugly in a hurry.

The more you fight them the more you know what to do to beat them.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 01:02:37 PM »
too much patience kills aswell

funny you say that...i've experienced that too :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2008, 06:52:59 PM »
just thought id post this as it might help some new players.

a few months back i was in a 51-d and came across a 38-? (dadonkey).
the 38 had 3-4k alt advantage but i wasn't that worried cuz at the time most 38 pilots id come across didn't no how to fly them.
to cut a long story short the fight lasted 3-4 Min's with loads of turning and me getting onto the 38's low 6 and we were both at low speeds.
now being new and not that good at acm all i kept trying to do was get my sights onto the 38 and the result was that id be twitching on the verge of a stall and only get the outer ring of my gun site onto the 38.

at 1 point i thought i was close enough to pull hard and get a kill, instead i pulled to hard and lost control. straight down with the 38 following me next thing i no I'm in the tower.

up the 51-d again and made sure i had more alt than b4 and i hoped id get above the 38 for an easy kill. sure enough the 38 was there at a lower alt :rofl
the fight lasted less 20 secs as i messed it up big time.

i was in a fight yesterday and waited a while to get into a good firing position and i thought were did i learn to wait?

now the point to this is that the fight id had with dadonkey taught me a major lesson.  PATIANCE. i now no that if i had waited and got my alt high to match the 38 i would have got a kill.

Ah ha, my brilliant plan 5 years in the making has finally paid off.  Yes it was worth the 7.5 agents we lost in the time travel device and the catering bill, but I knew you'd learn to be patient.
2sBlind