Author Topic: Will pay $150 for skin of Witchcraft  (Read 9103 times)

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Re: Will pay $150 for skin of Witchcraft
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2008, 01:59:45 AM »
Sorry for the dark images, its MUCH brighter ingame, but for some reason the SSs are always dark...

Since you havn't said specifically (Or maybe I missed it) whether you want the Red and White cowlings as seen in the WWII photo or the white-gray that was described to you, I have chosen to leave the red and white for two reasons:
1) Its unique. Its something that I have not seen on many other B-24s and will set Witchcraft appart
2) We have photographic proof that red and white alternating cowlings was, in fact, a combat-paintjob, whereas the grey-white is simply the recollection of a crewmember. Its probably accurate as well, just a lot harder to "defend" per say.
But, as always, this is your bird, so I will go with whatever you like sir!

Known issues:

The left-side serial number is reversed. Ive reversed it in the BMP with no effect. Im not sure whats going on there...

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2008, 07:25:50 AM »
Serenity, I have noticed this with a lot of your pictures...they are "jagged".  They would look a lot better if there was some setting to smooth them out, and make them larger.  Also, you're getting better at it, but still need to zoom up closer to your work.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2008, 01:57:20 PM »
Serenity, I have noticed this with a lot of your pictures...they are "jagged".  They would look a lot better if there was some setting to smooth them out, and make them larger.  Also, you're getting better at it, but still need to zoom up closer to your work.
If you zoom in too close, it starts to fish-eye and look like crap.
Serenity... gonna send you a PM

Offline BoSoxFan

• Copper Member
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2008, 02:25:18 PM »
Man I wish I was here when this thread was started I could use that $150. Hell $20 is enough, its not that hard once you get your system down. :)

Serenity send a PM my way when you get a chance.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 03:26:24 PM by BoSoxFan »

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2008, 05:12:20 PM »

I'm not terribly sure whats up with that, its jut like the darkness. It looks GREAT in game, but the screenshots look nothing like it...

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2008, 05:18:31 PM »
I'm not terribly sure whats up with that, its jut like the darkness. It looks GREAT in game, but the screenshots look nothing like it...
What video card are you using?
AH does not have built in anti aliasing, so you have to force it on through your hardware. Takes a chunk out of your FPS but looks great.
Also may have to do with the forums compressing the pictures.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2008, 06:24:35 PM »
What video card are you using?
AH does not have built in anti aliasing, so you have to force it on through your hardware. Takes a chunk out of your FPS but looks great.
Also may have to do with the forums compressing the pictures.

Its an nVidea one, but I dont recall which. The thing is I'm game its a lot brighter, its not jagged at all, its great really! Its only in films and screenshots where it starts looking jagged. I know I dont have anti aliasing on though because I couldn't find a setting that had an effect without MASSACREING my frame rate. IIRC the available settings are 2S 4S and 8S. Which would you suggest?

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2008, 02:50:59 AM »
If you have some spare HDD space one thing you can do is set up a second copy of AH just for skinning. I do this mainly to avoid the cache rebuilding problem whenever I want to play the game after updating a skin. However doing this also lets you set up the skinning copy for graphics and the playing copy for framerate.

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2008, 08:00:31 PM »
If you zoom in too close, it starts to fish-eye and look like crap.

Hit the Z key and use [] to zoom in and out.  Removes the fish eye effect.
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2008, 09:07:02 PM »
If you have some spare HDD space one thing you can do is set up a second copy of AH just for skinning. I do this mainly to avoid the cache rebuilding problem whenever I want to play the game after updating a skin. However doing this also lets you set up the skinning copy for graphics and the playing copy for framerate.

I do have some spare space, but I don't want to push it so I just change the settings between skinning and gaming. Could that have some effect on this perhaps?

Also, Brooke, just waiting for your oppinion! In my oppinion shes ready to go unless anyone sees something wrong...

Offline Fencer51

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2008, 09:20:32 PM »
I thought those "white" patches were actually bare aluminum.  Look at the profile Brooke posted.
Fencer

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2008, 03:42:24 AM »
I thought those "white" patches were actually bare aluminum.  Look at the profile Brooke posted.

They look white to me, and the same as the white cowlings. So either theyre both white, or perhaps the cowlings are bare aluminum too? What do you think Fencer? (I think white, but you have far more experience with these things than me)

Offline Fencer51

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2008, 07:47:02 AM »
For the "circle p", I'd just do one like on this (as I can't find a good real pic of it):

Fencer

Offline Lord ReDhAwK

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.revivecomputing.com/aggressors
« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2008, 08:12:12 AM »
I gotta agree with Fencer on this.  Bare metal replacement pieces were common although generally painted in the field.  I cannot imagine anyone painting replacement panels or such in a non camo color (read as white) unless it had to do with the national markings.

I do love that particular decal sheet Fencer.  Great amount of detail on the coloring (particularly where it pointed out the fabric coverings discoloration.)  I am going to try to find a similar one for the N1K2-J from them.

ReDhAwK
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 08:14:34 AM by Lord ReDhAwK »
C.O.
The Aggressors

Offline Fencer51

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2008, 09:23:48 AM »
Looks like the Q2s are too big, and there should not be the stencil space on them.

Also the white stripes on the tails are not wide enough.

Any of those engines or other areas leak oil? 

I don't see any fuel caps.  Where they red as usual or painted OD?

The over all Olive Drab seems a bit dark for a plane that has set outside for as long as that one had by the time you are depicting.  Not alot of wear/tear or stains on the paint either and I don't mean chipping.  Don't see alot of dirt either.
Fencer