Author Topic: Player Names  (Read 1506 times)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Player Names
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2008, 09:01:45 AM »
Radio shorthand for "I'm leaving the area for various reasons and am a dot on the horizon"  :D
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2008, 09:13:37 AM »
1LTCAP=

1LT Civil Air Patrol
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2008, 09:17:13 AM »
I can deal you aces or jokers...... it's all in the cards............
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2008, 09:45:18 AM »
awDoc1... Well back in the late 70's I was the youngest chief of police in a town in the state of Indiana and I had to deliver a baby on a kitchen floor and about six months later I had to assist in the delivery of my first son in the entrance to the hospital's Emergency Room as my first wife didn't have the decency to wait until we could get into a room or anyplace other than the hallway.  Everybody started calling me "DOC".  I started playing AirWarrior online on a regular basis in either feb or march of 1996 and there was already a "DOC" so I became "DOC1" and ended up being a squaddie of "DOC" sometime later in AW.  With the death of AW by the hands of "Electronic Arts" , I migrated to AH and added the AW designator so friends would know I was the same "DOC1" that was in AW.  BTW... I still will not purchase anything distributed or made by "Electronic Arts". :rock

All the Best...
    Jay
 awDoc1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline Captfish

• Nickel Member
      • VF-6 Fighter Sqdn
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2008, 09:51:25 AM »
Mine is complicated so try to stick with me...
I'm a captain, and I fish
'CO' VF-6 Fighter Sqdn

Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2008, 10:41:33 AM »
I just wanted to get rid of Lusche, I wanted something easy to pronounce & understand on radio, and definitely I did not want something very serious...
Something that easily lends itself to illustrations, jokes and a hymn (Yes... there actually exists a Snailman Song :D)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2008, 10:42:37 AM »
Yenny because it's a hawt chick's name okay? My AW CPID was Pular, but it's taken in AH so I had to come up w/ some cute girly name=/
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 11:16:03 AM by Yenny »
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2008, 10:58:36 AM »
My old name VansCrew was my grandfathers call sign in World War 2. He was a B17 pilot. So part of his last name combined with the crew he flew with...VansCrew.
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2008, 11:00:26 AM »
Tex01- cause after 20 mins i couldn't find anything that wasn't already taken.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2008, 11:01:00 AM »
I started it all.

You are welcome  :aok
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2008, 11:11:48 AM »
Got mine handed to me way back in AW aol

"Hey newbie !! quit shooting at me - shoot at the other color guys...Hey newbie!!... you ever going to get off the ground?  Hey Newbie !! - grab a goon...whats a goon?

and so forth

:)

NwBie
Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2008, 11:56:08 AM »
I went to Purdue University, and still live near campus in West Lafayette, Indiana (work in the research park).  The Purdue school nickname is "Boilermakers", and the main cheer has in the last 10 years been "Boiler Up!".  "Boilerup" doesn't sound like a callsign though.  So since I get shot down a lot, I created "Boildown"... which does sound like a half-way legit callsign.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2008, 12:19:11 PM »
Mine comes from two things.  When I was younger (much, much) I worked bars and nightclubs as a bouncer for many years when I wasn't playing music in them myself.  It was well known I liked Eric Clapton alot so "Slowhand" got attached to me in an off hand way.  Eventually, the ladies behind the bar started relating it to the Pointer Sisters song as well.  <small bow>  :rock

Anyway, it became my handle about 20 years ago when I first went online, and is also my road name when I'm riding Harleys with the boys.

Finally, "Slowhand" was taken in another online enterprise a few years ago, and having bar experience I thought of Sloe Gin, so I changed it to "Sloehand".  It stands out a little better too, don't you think.  :aok
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2008, 12:20:34 PM »
1LTCAP=

1LT Civil Air Patrol

Oh man I was in Civil Air Patrol when I was like 15 years old. I got my first Cesna ride there too.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2008, 12:55:18 PM »
I'm not sure what my name means.

Here you go...

STEPHEN 

Usage: English, Biblical

Pronounced: STEEV-ən (English), STEF-ən (English)   [key]

From the Greek name Στεφανος (Stephanos) meaning "crown". Saint Stephen was a deacon who was stoned to death, as told in Acts in the New Testament, and he is regarded as the first Christian martyr. Due to him, the name became common in the Christian world. It was popularized in England by the Normans.
This was the name of kings of England, Serbia, and Poland, as well as ten popes. It was also borne by the first Christian king of Hungary (10th century), who is regarded as the patron saint of that country. More recent bearers include British physicist Stephen Hawking (1942-) and the American author Stephen King (1947-).

MtnMan
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson