Author Topic: to all 190 pilots  (Read 3971 times)

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
Re: to all 190 pilots
« Reply #150 on: August 14, 2008, 07:25:41 AM »
funny you mention that, I have one where I dodge 6 HO's flying towards some cons, not one of them prep for merge on me 6, all blow by HOing away. :rofl

You're just too damn good, they FEAR the F4U :noid

Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #151 on: August 14, 2008, 07:37:17 AM »
Going back to this...  I took a 190A8 50% fuel up in the DA furball area today in an attempt to provide you with an example of a different style:

http://www.mediafire.com/?aafwvdbzby8

I merge with a faster Ki84 that is pretty much coalt.  I lose this fight, but I sure had a fun time doing so, and I certainly didn't feel helpless...  I had my chances, but was outflown.

Bear in mind that I rarely fly the 190 and am unfamiliar with its edge or envelope...  Just giving it a wing.  There are many much better examples, but hopefully this will give you an idea of the sort of style that I enjoy.  If I can last this long on day one of winging it, I'm sure a guy devoted to the bird could do very much better.

(If you're wondering why my recorded views are jumping all over the place, it's because I decided to be an inpatient idiot and buy a widescreen monitor before AH2 supports it :) It's hard to keep track of people when the sky that used to be there is there no more).

For someone who never flies the 190A8 that was impressive.  As soon as your nose was up with the Ki-84 on your 6 I said "uh oh, here it comes."  I wasn't watching the film meter.

You had about 2-3 snapshot opportunities during that fight.  One of them was low % (the first time you fired), and the second was where you forced the overshoot but didn't have enough e to bring the nose up (isn't that frustrating?) :lol.  The third you got his wing but probably hit with the cowl guns instead of the cannons.

I like that the Ki-84 pilot had to adapt his tactics to shoot you down.  At first, he was simply coming in full throttle, point and shoot, and you nearly made him pay for that.  Later he had the flaps out and made his approach more diligently.  All in all, that was a good performance in a fight against an airplane that accelerates faster, turns better, and climbs better; your only advantage is roll rate and top speed on the deck.  Keep in mind we're trying to master a technique with the 190 for which it was never designed, a 1vs1 type dueling scenario.  If you had both had wingmen, it would not be equivalent to having two 1vs1 fights side by side. :aok
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #152 on: August 14, 2008, 07:51:59 AM »

I think what Sky sees is someone just getting to know the 190, and just happens to take it to the level of "you suck", but i know it goes with his "persona".

No offense but IMO no one needs a lot of guts nor skill to fly a spit or a f4 to name a few.

Animal, many peeps don't understand why I would talk to someone like I do Yenny.  I'm not just typing it, I have actually encountered him enough to know......always cherrying 3rd fella in.  But you see him come on the boards and talk like he's an expert on acm and the 190.  Telling people who fly a 190 on the deck that a 190 can't deck fight is insulting.  Just because he hasn't flown it to it's edges enough to actually know what it can do, or he just doesn't know enough manuvers to stay alive otd in a 190.  Either way, I'm seeing two Yenny's, the one who talks about furballing on the deck on the boards, and the one in game who flies timid enough to put an ADDHD kid to sleep.  I'll have a few films of rolling scissors otd against spits, wildcats, p-40's, yaks, and the likes.  I'm sure you'll hear him expertly deny the evidence though. :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #153 on: August 14, 2008, 10:15:00 AM »
I dunno =) this campaign I landed 3 BnZ sorties so far. a 38J w/ 13 kills, a D-9 with 7, and last night a D-9 with 10. 3 sorties out of 150 ? I mean I could do it all day but been into furballing lately. Just look at my score for this campaign it's around 2-3 k/d ratio, no where close to what an average bnzmer is at.

I do think in furball bnzing, there's no such thing as "3rd party". Mainly because it's a furball. I do believe 1 v 1 BnZming is lame, and I usually don't bnz in a 1 v 1. Maybe an E fight if I have the E then eventually as I lose it, it would be a tnb. As for running wise, I have yet to run in a D9  from a 1 v 1. Only time I'd run is multiple on my tail, or I'm losing radiator, or pw or something that I can't maintain airborne long.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 10:16:38 AM by Yenny »
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #154 on: August 14, 2008, 10:24:05 AM »
You're just too damn good, they FEAR the F4U :noid

I was in a 190, but you got the first part right! :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #155 on: August 14, 2008, 12:59:29 PM »
As for running wise, I have yet to run in a D9  from a 1 v 1. Only time I'd run is multiple on my tail, or I'm losing radiator, or pw or something that I can't maintain airborne long.
this is a flase statement.

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #156 on: August 14, 2008, 01:17:34 PM »
I give credit to the 190 pilots that try to fight me -1 hog but I hate the ones that run to ack all the time.  I could careless if they run, just not to ack.  BTW, a 190 (including d9) will not rope a hog unless he going 100 mph faster on the initial start of the climb.  He also better be 1k out before he starts that climb, espescially if he fightin me.  I kill at 800+ out alot, hehehehe.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #157 on: August 14, 2008, 01:23:50 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)

Nice paint job on that Dora, ZooZoo.    :aok

I take back ALMOST every bad thing I've said about you.   :D
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #158 on: August 14, 2008, 01:27:51 PM »
I give credit to the 190 pilots that try to fight me -1 hog but I hate the ones that run to ack all the time.  I could careless if they run, just not to ack.  BTW, a 190 (including d9) will not rope a hog unless he going 100 mph faster on the initial start of the climb.  He also better be 1k out before he starts that climb, espescially if he fightin me.  I kill at 800+ out alot, hehehehe.

Don't hold back Dog, tell the world how good you are  :D
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #159 on: August 14, 2008, 02:45:07 PM »
I usually don't publicize film of my arse getting kick this badly. For learning purposes I recorded some of my OTD D9 TnB actions of lunch break today. It's kinda ugly, I can last for a bit going up vs multiple tnbers but outcome usually the same. Down in flames I go. I really kinda limited in what other trick to pull in D9 because I really can't find it. Like people said you can make 190 dance like F4U. I found that maybe true in AH1, but I find it hard to believe in AH2. Then again this would be my 8th months in the game so I haven't seen a lot or expose to a lot.

Enjoy short lil clip of my D9 tnb action, it's not pretty. I take my D9 out for tnb a lot, but still yet to improve on it otd wise. With alt it's not so bad.

http://files.filefront.com/TnBD9ahf/;11498631;/fileinfo.html
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 04:20:56 PM by Yenny »
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #160 on: August 14, 2008, 03:44:50 PM »
the only thing I found a 190 can do as good as a hog is rolling scissors for a few besides hit and run. After that it dead meat.  I have almost met my maker a few times to the rolling scissors a 190 can do.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #161 on: August 14, 2008, 04:24:05 PM »
the only thing I found a 190 can do as good as a hog is rolling scissors for a few besides hit and run. After that it dead meat.  I have almost met my maker a few times to the rolling scissors a 190 can do.

That's why I found it hard to believe when other says they "seen" people make 190 dance like F4U. Maybe in AH1 but I'm not sure if that's possible in AH2. I'd like to see it and learn if that's possible. What are the chances of a good pilot in an F4U will let a 190 get into a good firing possition in a dueling setting. I have yet to see an AH2 film of good 190 take vs a good F4U pilot in a tnb situation. 

As much as I want to believe it's possible for 190s to dance like F4U, but reality kicks in for now and said you haven't seen it yet, therefor it haven't happen. Just the same as what Skyrock claim that he can outturn or outmanuever an La7 with a 190. Maybe with a new La-7 pilot yea, but I doubt that an experience pilot in an La-7 will allow that to happen.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 04:27:44 PM by Yenny »
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #162 on: August 14, 2008, 04:33:33 PM »
didn't you and I have one a few days, maybe a week+ ago and I even pinged you? I think I recall either a <S> from you or some comment, though that may be drunken haze. heck I may even have talked smack back LOL

even so I barely fly and can only do a rolling scissors 3 sheets to the wind and not "thinking" about it lol.

Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #163 on: August 14, 2008, 07:37:05 PM »
I was having a blast in an A8 last night down low...climb to 5-7k max each time...and fought down hill till on deck each time.  Jolly actually gave me a good fight in a ki84...was dang fun...even though I lost that one.  I also fought a slightly higher spit8 down to deck with him running away from me...go figure...spit running from a 190...dont see that often.
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #164 on: August 15, 2008, 03:46:23 AM »
I made that chart from Kweassa's data.  IIRC it's flaps up turn rates.
Those are just numbers for one VERY SPECIFIC situation.  You can "TnB" a 262 versus a fair part of the whole planeset, if you do it right.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 03:48:39 AM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you