Author Topic: Gaining Alt.  (Read 386 times)

Offline Kitt18

• Zinc Member
      • 337th Black Sheep TFS
Gaining Alt.
« on: August 19, 2008, 07:09:32 AM »
I understand that the ability to climb quickly varies from plane to plane, but yesterday I upped directly behind the identical plane (Hurri 2c) that I was flying. I had 50% fuel loadout and wasn't carrying any ords. The Hurri in front of me Climbed like a jet. I, on the otherhand, didn't. The end result was the "uh oh prayer" followed by a stall. Any tips??

337th Black Sheep TFS

"Kitt, you got 2 Spits and a high Hurri on you. Let me know if u get in trouble"...sprkplg

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Gaining Alt.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 07:47:59 AM »
I understand that the ability to climb quickly varies from plane to plane, but yesterday I upped directly behind the identical plane (Hurri 2c) that I was flying. I had 50% fuel loadout and wasn't carrying any ords. The Hurri in front of me Climbed like a jet. I, on the otherhand, didn't. The end result was the "uh oh prayer" followed by a stall. Any tips??

are ou using auto take off?

if not, let your plane accelerate to about 120 before attempting to lift off.....sometimes about 100 works.
once in the air, gear up immediatly, and shallow climb to let her accelerate. around 160 or so, lift your nose a couple degrees, and check your VSI. you should be able to climb about 2k to 2.5k per minute at 160 in the hurri2
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 08:28:03 AM »
The other guy was probably using auto-climb (auto-speed?).  By default, that will keep your plane at a constant speed by adjusting the rate of climb.  In other words, it will make your plane - any plane - climb at its best climb rate at sea level.  In the Hurri2c, if I remember correctly, that means about 2.5 thousand feet per minute at around 150 mph.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 10:13:00 AM »
really what i do is i hold the plane on the runway until the gears start creaking, then i let off forward presure let it rise some retract gear and fly straight and level until i hit 160-200 mph then i pull up in a shallow climb and when my climb rate is close to what my plane can do i hit auto climb or the x key.

now this is on feils with no obstruction, if your at a feild with mountins around you may need to circle the field gaining alt before leaving depens on what map ur on,
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V