Author Topic: TanK KluB Is Done  (Read 4062 times)

Offline SKYGUNS

• Nickel Member
Re: TanK KluB Is Done
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2008, 12:08:10 AM »
Cival Air Protection would be nice but lets remember that the purpose is to have tanks and the more security you have the less tankers ul get. I'm guessing if JohnnyJr didn't show up its probably him with a false account with a friend laghing his chubbiness off as he kills us in his underwear that ADHD freak. Hopefully justice will be served as we enter SEA if we do so. But by ending TC you give whoever they are satisfaction, those punks... But if ending it is what must be best please do so. Its been an honor.  :salute :cry

sorry i couldn't make it...

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2008, 12:19:14 AM »
i see ranger and shamus already have my idea as getting some air cover, I'd help out.

Offline WWM

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2008, 12:19:40 AM »
I'll help cap as well!!   PM me when your next even is as well as the other that have volunteered.  We can keep the turds out :D

Hell, I'll see if I can get my whole squad there.  We can practice wingman tactics on the turds!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 12:21:12 AM by WWM »
Jay12

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2008, 12:19:51 AM »
I'll help fly cap.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline stickpig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2008, 12:31:03 AM »
Sloehand,
Let me know.... I'll fly cap as well
Theyll only give you one chance, Better get it right first time. And the game youre playing
If you lose you gotta pay, If you make just one wrong move Youll get blown away
Expect no mercy  <Nazareth>

"Stay in the manned ack... When your in a plane you are a danger to the ground"  <Norad>

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2008, 12:31:40 AM »
Murdr has a good idea on how to deal with the griefers posted in the Wishlist forum.  Those of you who are tired of these people interrupting your limited time in-game should take a look.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,244440.msg2985534.html#msg2985534

Between the elimination of HTH, and the current settings in the open arenas, it is impractical to arrange private events for small groups.  There are plenty of instances where groups of players would like to get together in an environment where they are not subject to griefing.  These instances do not always rise to the level of trying to vie for an SEA time slot that does not conflict with its normal uses, and still align with a time that both a CM and attendees can make.

One versatile solution would be some sort of player initiated duel mode.  The Air Warrior example comes to mind.  In that example, when two players entered duel mode and spawned,  they were effectively in a parallel virtual reality.  They could not see or interact with others in the arena beyond text, nor could the rest of the arena see or interact with them.  They were immune to griefing.  Furthermore if several players entered duel mode with one individual, all those players could see and engage each other.  I know this instance had been frequently used in AW for tournaments, and private koths.  Understandably, the AH game architecture may not be conducive to doing something exactly like the AW example, but surely there is some way to enable players to initiate an instance that will exclude unwanted interference in at least the dueling arena?

Another option that comes to mind is enabling a form of HTH with a higher roster cap that would be available to paying subscribers.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 12:39:34 AM by Xargos »
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2008, 12:34:22 AM »
Excellent idea  :aok
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline SKYGUNS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2008, 12:44:05 AM »
Murdr has a good idea on how to deal with the griefers posted in the Wishlist forum.  Those of you who are tired of these people interrupting your limited time in-game should take a look.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,244440.msg2985534.html#msg2985534

:aok

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2008, 12:54:31 AM »
Anybody notice that Tachyon has only played a total of 47 minutes this tour?
Shade?
Do they only fly in the DA? One of them has no score to look at.

He flys in the DA mostly,you can usually find him 15K or higher over the furball lake in a tempest running. No shade, just a twit.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2008, 12:59:30 AM »
Wow, talk about a movement of the masses! I've never seen this on the BBS before;

:rock  <<S>> to the real Aces High pilots and GV'ers!!!!!!!   :rock
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2008, 01:18:04 AM »
What a dirty rotten shame Sloe. I have attended 3 Tank club events so far and loved them all. I am not a gv'er but your games were a blast and you had a heck of a following.

Skuzzy  Tachyon needs to be dealt with!!!!!!!! His 15.00 is ruining the game for many people as you may have read OVER and OVER.

Please consider removing Tempest's from the lake as well

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2008, 08:37:44 AM »
At least in the DA. 

Admittedly, I'm very pissed, angry and combative at the moment, but I doubt any calming down will change my mind.

We just had a some people (Tachyon, 79nerdie & later 876532) purposely try to disrupt the TanK Klub event, and when you bomb people who are defenseless against you, and not even playing the same game as you, you usually succeed. 

In spite of being asked, politely via IM and their own vox channel, several times in their flight to the vehicle area, not to interfere, they brought aircraft and ordinance over anyway, witht he intention of deliberatly disrupting whatever was going on.

Then again later, after we moved TanK KluB to the oppisite end of the map to another vehicle base for jeep race, one of their numbers (they were all on same vox channel together) came over and killed half the jeeps during the race after being ask repeatedly not to interfere.

I'm sorry to say, after working hard to manage and referee these games for everyone, trying to run them fairly, see that everyone gets a chance to play and make them interesting and fun, my frustration and anger at this childish, unmannerly and anti-social behavior finally spilled over and I used inappropriate language.  Something I've never done in over 3 years of flying AH.  HOWEVER, they richly deserved that and much worse.

However, the upshot is, since I have no ability in the DA to control people who get their sole enjoyment from disrupting and injuring others (please feel free to substitute a words I'd really like to use if I could.  I'll give you a hint. It starts with an "F"), and as I'm sure this will now happen more often, I won't continue with TanK KluB in the DA.

And I don't need any crap about 'don't let them chase you away', etc.  I don't play sitting duck for anyone, and I have lots better things to do with my time as well.

I still expect to be talking with the CM group about putting this in the SEA and if that goes through then great.  If not, then TanK KluB is over for me.

My apologies to all that enjoyed the games, but RL has me with very few raw nerves left and little patience for this kind of behavior.  TanK KluB was fun to do, but I don't need the aggravation.

Welcome to the internet. This crap is in every game.

With the anonymity the internet allows, people will be the jerks they always wanted to be irl. If only they had the balls to act this way to your face.

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2008, 08:56:15 AM »
What a dirty rotten shame Sloe. I have attended 3 Tank club events so far and loved them all. I am not a gv'er but your games were a blast and you had a heck of a following.

Skuzzy  Tachyon needs to be dealt with!!!!!!!! His 15.00 is ruining the game for many people as you may have read OVER and OVER.

Please consider removing Tempest's from the lake as well

Take notice that nearly every problem in the Duel Arena is him

Picking Temps, Vulching, what he did with Tank Club....
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2008, 09:07:47 AM »
i sure wish they could move tank club to the special events arena!!
not as many players as the air race guys, but the numbers are growing!
by the way sorry i missed this one, i played last week and it was a blast (i.ll get you yet DR-7!!!)
i don't think you will ever be truly safe in the DA  even with all the good intentions of some great guy's who wish to help with cap! SALUTE to you gents!! :salute,, it would draw away from the tank fights, and that is the real purpose of tank club. please htc, let us play in the S.E.A.
Flying since tour 71.

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2008, 09:09:33 AM »
Amazing a few sweetheart bag's can kill the fun to 20-30+ people.

wtg jerk off's.
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"