Author Topic: iexplore.exe  (Read 436 times)

Offline Heretic

• Nickel Member
iexplore.exe
« on: August 19, 2008, 07:38:15 PM »
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't get rid of this damn trojan to save my life.   I booted in SAFE MODE and ran AVG virus scan which found it and I thought deleted it but that didn't work.     /I tried a system restore but that isn't working either.            Somebody please?

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
Re: iexplore.exe
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 09:03:00 PM »
Have you tried to remove it manually....go to folder where it is held and try to remove the file, ensuring you remove it's traces from everywhere. Run a search for the particular item usually works to find it all. also check in add remove files for anything new as it can sometimes place itself there. Just make sure you delete anything that goes into your recycle bin. Also while doing this make sure you are unplugged from your modem or pulled from your jack point. May want to remove cookies and temp files. Once done shut down. Reboot and run scan. Hope this makes sense as I have trouble explaining through txt

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 09:34:13 PM »
Here are two solutions.

1) The Pain in the butt solution

2) The easy solution

From what I saw after my brief search, the trojan virus that causes this can be hard to get rid of as it can infect your anti-virus/spyware programs.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline wabbit

• Copper Member
      • Wabbit's War Room
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 01:08:09 PM »
Try uninstalling AVG, rebooting and then re-installing AVG. It does a scan on install and that might get the trojan before it infects AVG, (if it's doing that).

Otherwise, do a search for that exact trojan name and use a manual method, such as those above to try and remove it.

Wabbit

Wabbit:
             The Official Rolling Thunder Target Drone...

Offline Heretic

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 05:15:56 PM »
Thanks fellas.   The trojan was named j2jAy510.exe        was a nasty little snot.   Found it in my system32 files and deleted it I hope.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 02:02:53 AM »
Interesting Ack-Ack by that sites info Symantec is not worth buying! Its the worst! Thank you Avast!
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.