Author Topic: Need field capture in CA  (Read 236 times)

Offline snafu

• Silver Member
      • http://www.btinternet.com/~snaffers
Need field capture in CA
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2001, 07:19:00 PM »
Good points all round, I like Skurj's ideas about more troops etc to capture different fields and also the hardening of targets to make it more difficult for people to close a field single handed, but I also agree with AKDJ that field capture could make the CT just like the MA but with a restricted planeset but like it or not the aim of war is usually to take control of the enemies territory and resources, without the ability to drive across an enemies homeland the arena will just stagnate. As stated elsewhere, people are only going to want to hit a field and watch it rebuild so many times. Brilliant though the terrains are perhaps the answer might be to have less airfields, and many more V fields much closer together. At least that would mean that the dreaded straight into the action low alt furball could be kept to a minimum and the ground forces could wage war on each other with the goal of capturing ground towards the next enemy airbase with support from ground attack planes, bombers etc. The Tanking community in AH have nothing to bring them into the CT as it stands when in reality they could have a very large part to play. With the inclusion of trains in the next release and hopefully the general supply lines which they could support (As yet unconfirmed by HTC but here's hoping). I think the CT could develop strategically in ways the MA could not (Should not) emulate. I am aware of the short comings of some of these inane ramblings (No Axis Goon, No Allied Tanks etc) but with the many other concessions we could live with C47's and Panzers for both sides until the correct equipment arrives IMO.

TTFN
snafu

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Need field capture in CA
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2001, 07:14:00 AM »
If both the allies and axis do not get a heavy, field captures will not come easy, combined with more troops required... real tough +)

SKurj