Author Topic: Immunity Attack II - The Me163  (Read 401 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Immunity Attack II - The Me163
« on: August 22, 2008, 12:03:55 AM »
B17s are 33700 feet which I think takes about three hours to achieve.  :O This poor guy is probably watching TV or something when I first make a run at him. Im nearly 3k away before he starts shooting (I imagine Playboy chips and soda flying all over the room).

The film starts with a HO pass on the bombers. There are three passes and each one results in a dead bomber. The film is shown in its entirety first as I filmed it and then I switch to bomber view with trails on. In bomber view the first pass is pretty ordinary and then I switch to a view looking straight up so you can see the angle better. I dont fly the 163 enough to make it look real pretty but the idea is conveyed well enough. I think a really good gunner would have made it much harder but I would have done the same thing either way.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07CvDbI6aCA

EDIT: I forgot to mention in the two last passes I was completely blacked out. A downside of not flying the 163 enough.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 12:30:29 AM by Chalenge »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline zoozoo

• Silver Member
      • http://myspace.com/zachisbackforasnack
Re: Immunity Attack II - The Me163
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 05:34:02 AM »
 :aok
Zoozoo
Jokers Jokers
zoozoo fighter ace issue one:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,240022.0.html

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 10:46:02 AM »
It's not an "immune" attack. It makes it harder for the enemy to track you, but it also makes it harder for you to get a kill shot on the enemy. You can and will be shot down if the gunner knows what he's doing while making this type of attack. I have more than a couple of times. Barring a lucky pilot kill, it takes you a lot of sustained 30mm fire as you come down. Maybe I'm stingy, but I'd have used about 1/3 the ammo you did for each pass I made, at a slightly different angle.

It's a nice first attack, but don't plan on setting it up repeatedly if you want to stop the bombers before they kill your HQ, or kill your fighter hangars, or kill your CV. I think you were talking about taking upwards of 30 minutes to kill 3 drones. Let's be serious: you're making it too hard if you do it that way.

I'm the first to say "Dont' sit on his tail, you fool!" when I see that happen, but there are better ways. You would be surprised how effective a 2 o'clock or 10 o'clock slash attack is. It's also just as hard to track and shoot if done right (because the upper gun only aims down so far and the lower gun only aims up so far, the gunner has to jump up and down then left to right). It also leaves you in a much better position coming out the other side where you haven't just blown your alt and have to climb back up

:aok

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 02:18:18 PM »
Krusty Im the first to admit these attacks with the 163 are not perfect. I dont believe in luck so when I hit a pilot despite my 60% ammo wastage (at best usually its more like 88%) its because I was aiming there. I get pilot hits a lot on bombers. I would say 80% of them when I attack like this but using the P51 instead (see orignal 'Immunity attack'). In the original film the guy flying the B26s is someone I consider to be the #2 gunner in B26s in the entire game (I dont know you though), Ack-Ack being #1 hardest to kill (in B26s) because I never have the time to be patient against Ack-Ack. Note that the guy I credit as #2 never hit me. In fact out of several hundred similar bomber attacks the only pilot that has hit me was 999000 and he did it only once (one bullet). That made me a little opinionated.

Whether you regard my approach as valid or not you have to admit that as a training aid this at least demonstrates another method than the method I see many many many people try (dead six or high six approaches).
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.